OS
    Android

Shards/Runes, Different Colors and Colorless. Why?

The app selects the "right color" shard/rune, but you can use a different color and it also works. Does it take more shards for the same leveling, does it cost more gold?

Colorless shards/runes. Do they work on any color resource, but with equal effectiveness? Equal cost?

Or are they meant for "Cosmic" leveling ??? Should I be saving them? Using them?

Asking because this info isn't available anywhere.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Anybody?

The shards that look like regular XP shards, but they're "clear" and slightly iridescent? Are these "all purpose" shards, or a special item for some purpose? If so, what purpose?

The runes that look like regular runes, but also "clear" in color? I thought these were for leveling up Cosmic talismans, but turns out ANY runes can level up a cosmic talisman.

WTF are the clear shards and runes? There's no reference to them anywhere that I can find.

I've gotten very far in the game, all the while "guessing" what certain BASIC ITEMS are even used for.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    The shards that look like regular XP shards, but they're "clear" and slightly iridescent? Are these "all purpose" shards, or a special item for some purpose? If so, what purpose?
    I believe so, yes. They seem to mostly come from various event and achievement rewards, and can be used to level up any character. Also from the new Cosmic LoL over the weekend. A little bit of flexibility, although I still tend to use the matching colour shards and save the cosmic ones for emergencies where I quickly need someone to level up for whatever reason.

As for the cosmic runes, I have no idea. They seem far less common than the cosmic XP shards. Perhaps they are more useful for higher level Cosmic Talismans?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    I have a huge pile of 5-star "clear" runes. I'm just going to save them, I guess?

I had multiple stacks of 999 "clear" shards, of every level. I used maybe half of them to level up toons for the Vortex, during the sac event. I'll probably save the rest until the next sac event, or until their mysterious and unspoken true nature is revealed.