OS
    iOS

2 Minutes to Midnight - Doomsday Eddie drawing

Hey all! A bit off topic, but since we're all maiden fans, I'd like to share my most recent work with you guys! I'm not a stellar artist by any means, but I'm very proud of this. The shadows were tricky, the angles were tough to get right, but it went well. Eddie is just a difficult character to draw. Let me know what you think, and if you want to see more!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4QsXIKh...d=xnx8kbxub7t9

(file uploads are not working for me, sorry)

OS
    iOS
    Damn dude that’s actually really good! The only thing I notice is that the proportions seem a little off but as someone who has tried, I know that part is 1. Hard to get right and 2. A major pain in the ass lol. Thumbs up from me!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke_Happy View Post
    Damn dude that’s actually really good! The only thing I notice is that the proportions seem a little off but as someone who has tried, I know that part is 1. Hard to get right and 2. A major pain in the ass lol. Thumbs up from me!
    That was the single most frustrating part. No matter how hard I tried they never seemed quite right so I just stopped trying. In the end, they turned out okay, but he looks kinda... Stubby. It's something to work on. Thank you for the support!
    Last edited by DoctorEly; 10-31-2019 at 01:36 AM.

OS
    Android
    Keep up the good work. Do you have a website of more of your work?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    Keep up the good work. Do you have a website of more of your work?
    Nope, just social media. I'll probably end up putting links in my signature at some point. I can consider a website given that improvement comes my way.

OS
    iOS
    Great drawing man! Keep posting some more

OS
    iOS
    Proportions are what I am trying to help my daughter out with at the moment - I am no artist but I can draw a bit. For her she simply measures the picture she is copying or the thing she is drawing and sketches out the main elements so that proportions stay pretty close - we draw together with my son sometimes - usually super heroes, Eddie (or cats for her!) etc. Sometime we simply do a 'trace' of the key elements in the picture so a line at the top and bottom and sides and then a line at the bottom of the face/waist of where an elbow sits....that sort of thing. Then the actually drawing is done freehand if you like. I bought us all a how to draw type book and it gave really decent advice for a Dad (me) trying to impart some basic ideas for the kids - it was in a book so it must be right sort of thing! LOL

Keep up the drawing - practice really does help and drawing something like Eddie keep you interested....give Cyborg a try - he is a nightmare to do!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Very awesome work, DoctorEly!

Time to play the song on repeat~
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    Really cool, I hope for more.