Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: November Events

OS
    Android
    I'm waiting to hear NF's explanation as to why they're gonna introduce Yin Yang (Chinese philosophy) talismans during a Japanese-themed event... do they think all Asians are the same???
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    iOS
    Well.. there's a sac event every month.. but GOOD ones are rare
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by AhabsHarpoon View Post
    I'm waiting to hear NF's explanation as to why they're gonna introduce Yin Yang (Chinese philosophy) talismans during a Japanese-themed event... do they think all Asians are the same???
    It's more or less part of all far east cultures.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Ahabs, why not point out that Vikings didnt wear horned helmets. Not all cultures have christmas festivities, what about all hallows eve, or valentines. It's just a game .
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    I love how all the talk just before they introduced Frontier dungeons, they were going to scale events back. They then bombarded us with 10 or more frontier dungeons which require keys bought with currency to play in that time and we are back to 8 events a month with another 2 dungeons!
    The worst part is the spacing/timing/placement of each event compared to last months. Book of souls too close to last Sac event. Then into another dungeon just after the last one finished. Then Evo event which should be the one to start the month with imo. Sac event might be a little close to last sac event for some, I think I should be right as I still have heaps of souls and frags I need to get rid of. Overall I am not seeing much "downtime" from the usual grind.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    My thoughts are that there are loads of new players and they need to keep them motivated to spend - so the events are back on the up as are the new characters so they have gone back on reducing events and characters each month significantly from what I can see. They have to chase money and I get that and think we all need to get that - clearly something has changed as they are not doing what they said they were going to do at all - the opposite in fact. For that reason I think it links to (newer) people spending more real money as they chase everything they can.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    My thoughts are that there are loads of new players and they need to keep them motivated to spend - so the events are back on the up as are the new characters so they have gone back on reducing events and characters each month significantly from what I can see.
    I don't know, a lot of these events are simply out of the reach of newer players. The base game still takes quite a while to work through, and spending can only get you so far, at least until you've got a decent roster. Could just be me, but a busier schedule means I'll be working out which events I can reasonably do, and which ones I'll have to skip to focus on working through other parts of the game.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    good sacrifice events are rare yeah... havent had one in a very long time. this past one well it blew donkeys in my opinion.

OS
    Android
    I think they tried to slow down the events some time ago but they weren't really accurate to do it and failed, I mean, I remember they put something like an evolution event next to a sac event (or so, neither of them were really "playable") and according to some players and complains on facebook the game started to look boring...

But for sure there is more than one "factor" in this problem, for example, the lack of really new material to play was fought with the release of the frontier keys, giving a result of another overwhelming feeling for players asking for some time to cool down everything...

Meanwhile, Im still trying to finish the trooper dungeon achievements and I never find time to do it xD
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I love how all the talk just before they introduced Frontier dungeons, they were going to scale events back. They then bombarded us with 10 or more frontier dungeons which require keys bought with currency to play in that time and we are back to 8 events a month with another 2 dungeons!
    The worst part is the spacing/timing/placement of each event compared to last months. Book of souls too close to last Sac event. Then into another dungeon just after the last one finished. Then Evo event which should be the one to start the month with imo. Sac event might be a little close to last sac event for some, I think I should be right as I still have heaps of souls and frags I need to get rid of. Overall I am not seeing much "downtime" from the usual grind.
    I brought this up in one of my tickets with Customer Support. I was flat out told that they have no intention of slowing down anymore because apparently we don't want that anymore. Yet whenever I come on here or any other page I look at I see the exact opposite.

Let's face they don't care about the long term players anymore. It's all about those new players who cough up money for a new character or talisman set and haven't been around long enough to know that as soon as the item leaves the store it will get nerfed and no longer worth the $5-$20 they spent.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591