Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android

Is Eclipse a good idea for EVH?

Okay, so I got Eddie Van Helsing and slapped the only Reduce Damage talis I had on him: Quantum. He's been doing good for me in PvP (usually hang about in then 1000-1500 range, big improvement over 2000-3000). Saw they put Eclipse up for sale, but also read that Eclipse is poor right now and needs a buff.

Is Eclipse a good purchase for me to gain a bit more of a bump up in PvP? Or should I sit tight and wait hopefully for the return of Labyrinth?
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    iOS
    Quantums are better than Eclipse in my opinion.

Labyrinth
    Starfire
    Quantum
    Fallen
    Eclipse
    Reaper
    Shadow

Would be my general order overall for 4-6 sets. I would probably recommend NOT spending anything on Eclipse talismans. In addition, Eclipse drops from somewhere.. Not sure were.. one of the "special" dungeons.. Airstrip maybe?? (I have 4 that dropped from somewhere.. just don't know where) So you could pick up a set that way as well.

But Van Helsing does well with other sets. You could think about Serenity talismans (yellow) to keep him immune to Passive Disable/Perfect disable. Once his passive is disabled, there's no longer that 2 turn protection. Or Mark talismans (3 set purple) work well on him too. Marks will deal damage to Labyrinth or "damage immune" characters on perfect hits. Or Dragonscale (3 set purple) which will deal additional damage every action. Or Vorpal (3 set purple) which will reduce damage, grant Echo, and give an extra turn

The big selling point to Eclipse is that they provide protection again Physical, Magic, and True damage.. but Van Helsing is already protected against those for 2 turns, as long as his passive isn't disabled. Most PvP battles in my experience won't go past 3 or 4 turns. There are, of course, exceptions. But a battle is most often won or lost in those first couple turns even if it takes 4 more turn to get that damn Labyrinth wearing toon to take damage.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-31-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    In addition to talismans that reduce damage being wasted on VHE-- Anything that reflects damage, if equipped on VHE, does NOT reflect damage to enemies. His immunity to damage stops the damage before it can be reflected.

For purple defense on VHE, something like Fate, that applies "every turn for one turn" will outlast the first few rounds, where he doesn't need it anyway.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    Thank you for the replies! Ya got me thinking differently and I appreciate it.

I was going with the idea of doing my best to protect him from damage after those first two turns so I was leaning on anything he could have that would drop the amount of damage dealt. I think I was playing it too defensively. I already dropped him in a team that was likely doing enough defense (Cosmic LoL with Singularity). I'll try dropping a Vorpal and Fate on him and see what happens from there!
    Last edited by Tengu316; 10-31-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082