OS
    iOS

Updates from Space Station No.5 - October 31st 2019

Name:  Updates-station-5.png
Views: 3116
Size:  1.07 MB

Hello Troopers,

It’s that time again! Let’s jump into this week’s Space Station No. 5...

Server Update

We have been hard at work this week with one focus, increasing server performance for our players. A lot of the turbulence you experienced this past week was coming from Clans, Arena and Gauntlet and how they interacted with Leaderboards and the server. This next update has a fix that will ensure those calls do not place such a heavy load on our server in order to help alleviate these acute issues.

This is not the only update we have planned for Server Performance. The team are already working towards the next step of performance enhancing updates that should put our players in a comfortable place for their gaming sessions.

Weekend Warrior - ‘Hit Me, I Dare You.’

Up the Irons, Troopers!

This is Durandal - valiantly venturing into the vicious valley of Arena yet again for YOUR edutainment. Today I'll be vouching for another variety team of heroes and villains that I don't see so often in the realms of player-versus-player combat!
    Last week, I experimented with a team that heavily leaned on entry level characters. This time, I'm upping the ante. These wild childs pack a lot of punch, even if they aren't the most popular...yet. Go ahead, attack them - see what happens next!

Hit Me I Dare You

Name:  Webp.net-resizeimage.png
Views: 996
Size:  543.8 KB

- Aces Bomber Eddie with Light Talismans and a Cosmic Talisman of your choice.
    - Cosmic Lord of Light with Fortune and Sacred Talismans.
    - Evolved Wicker Owl Cultist with Singularity Talismans.
    - Kurenai, Shinobi Rogue with Trooper Talismans and a Cosmic Talisman of your choice.

Alternative Picks:
    - Gunner Banshee with Persecution and Dominance Talismans.
    - Sentinel Lilith with Vorpal and Titan Talismans. (Thank you Ydex!)
    - The new Magus Werewolf! (I have not tried this one yet, but he'd be a good fit.)

Notes:
    - When Aces Bomber Eddie gets hit, his allies take hits as well. Use this to your advantage!
    - This team revolves around advantageous effects upon receiving hits of damage.
    - Talismans that provide burn effects can help Evolved Wicker Owl Cultist apply Doom.
    - Use Cosmic Lord of Light's power ability to turn the tables when enemies are stacked with many beneficial effects.
    - This team only gets stronger as the fight rages on. Get Immunity online as soon as possible to prevent teams from crippling you with effects like Crave, Permadeath and Corruption.

Name:  Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png
Views: 850
Size:  742.1 KB

Verdict: A

Overall, I certainly felt a lot more competitive this week - rising and falling in the top 300. It took a bit of trial and error to settle on the right balance of talismans and abilities, but it was worth all the tinkering. This team feels very satisfying to play once a few turns pass while keeping everyone alive. I've run into some trouble against teams using Dark Lilith and Ferryman (kill Ferryman quickly or you might find yourself in a stalemate), but if you have these characters, this might just give you a fun new way to shake things up online.
    That's all from me this week - have a good Halloween everyone!

Team Up Tuesday

This week’s Team up Tuesday showed some signs of growing pains, and that is fair, considering it was the first week I tried it. But what I would like this week is feedback from all you players about where you would like to see a post like this in the future. Everyone will have their own opinions, so let’s keep it civil!

Signing off til’ Next Week…

Keep an eye on the Social channels and Forum for information in regards to our upcoming Server Update!

Check here to read more on the TUNING NOTES which includes fixes for bugs like the Celestial Talismans not working as intended.

Also have some Concept art from the Art team that you may or may not see in a future update! How non-committal of me.

Space Station No.5, shutting down until next week.

Name:  Webp.net-resizeimage (2).png
Views: 1186
Size:  1.03 MB

OS
    Android
    Those are Vorpals, not Voids, on Sentinel Lilith.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

I like the weekend warrior column! Keep up the good work and valuable insight.

OS
    Android
    Ceeg, are you fully maxed on relics? If not, what general level are you in relics? Just asking for help with 5he newer plaers.

I came across an identical team as yours earlier today.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Those are Vorpals, not Voids, on Sentinel Lilith.
    Updated, Thank you!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Ceeg, are you fully maxed on relics? If not, what general level are you in relics? Just asking for help with 5he newer plaers.

I came across an identical team as yours earlier today.
    If it's the team above that you are talking about, that's Durandal's account! I would consider myself still a newer player, having only hit Level 100 recently. Durandal has informed me he has maxed relics, he might pop in later to give a better explanation.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    I would consider myself still a newer player, having only hit Level 100 recently.
    Put in another year or two of playing with character and talisman nerfs after grinding for resources, server crashes, bugs and more bugs... then you too can feel like a long term player, and better relate to our jaded frustrations...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    Updated, Thank you!
    No problem. I'm a heavy Vorpal user, so spotted that right away.
    - This team revolves around advantageous effects upon receiving hits of damage.
    It would be really useful if the Compendium did keyword searches--
    for example, searching the Talisman directory for "take damage" or "taking damage" would allow you to build this type of team.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    I've been having a lot of fun with the Red Shinobi. Don't have Troopers, but she's been excellent with Vipers and a Chance cosmic. She gets a damage buff when attacked, and the Vipers can let her instantly counter-attack, often for a huge amount if it also crits.

Trooper seems much better given the rest of your team's composition though, looks like it would all work rather well together!
    Azagthor-0732