Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: November Events

OS
    Android
    Unbelievable that people pay real money for this April fool's joke.
    I hear laughing frogs.

OS
    iOS
    Also wanna say that Warrior Savage Reaper and Flight Of Icarus Eddie are also great with timebombs

OS
    iOS
    Yeah if you put Echo talismans on warrior Savage Reaper, he's laying them and setting them off pretty often. Other than that I almost never see them go off either.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    iOS
    Good afternoon all,

I have been investigating reports regarding the state of Guy Fawkes Eddie. I'm seeing comments that he is bugged and that his damage is the lowest of any Eddie. After some testing, I cannot seem to find any evidence of this. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I have been using this character to complete the current event dungeon with a fair amount of success, so I wonder what might be causing this perception to occur. While there are many options to counter Burns and Time Bombs in Arena, I've found that Guy Fawkes Eddie's reliable multi-target damage and effects can help tear through PVE content...so long as you bring some form of reliable Immunity removal if you need it.

I've been experimenting with Awakened Assassin Lord of Light and Wrathchild for such a purpose. It's also pretty neat that your damage is not punished for building defensive and utility stats, but that's my two cents. I feel like his power abilities are a little expensive though. Perhaps I'll try finding a spot for Future Talismans on my teams to see if there's a payoff.

In the following comparative image, we have Guy Fawkes Eddie and Mummy Eddie (both maxed out) use a single hit AOE ability in the Warrior Lord of Light dungeon, Floor X. While Guy Fawkes Eddie deals physical damage instead of Mummy Eddie's magic damage, there's still quite a difference. The portions marked with #1 are the characters without any talismans. The portions marked with #2 are the characters equipped with talismans that specifically scale to their abilities.

Guy Fawkes Eddie's attack scales with DEF and SPECIAL so in my test I had 5 Onslaught Gunner Talismans.
    Mummy Eddie's attack scales with HP so in my test I had 5 Mystical Sentinel Talismans.

Name:  fawkes_vs_mummy.png
Views: 538
Size:  1.05 MB

Still, if you have any uncertainties or if you have discovered any new issues I might not be aware of - please share them! It's always appreciated.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    So he's better than Mummy Eddie.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    Interesting; I don't have this Ed so I can't judge really, but he may move up the tier list if this is the case.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    Good afternoon all,

I have been investigating reports regarding the state of Guy Fawkes Eddie. I'm seeing comments that he is bugged and that his damage is the lowest of any Eddie. After some testing, I cannot seem to find any evidence of this. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

I have been using this character to complete the current event dungeon with a fair amount of success, so I wonder what might be causing this perception to occur. While there are many options to counter Burns and Time Bombs in Arena, I've found that Guy Fawkes Eddie's reliable multi-target damage and effects can help tear through PVE content...so long as you bring some form of reliable Immunity removal if you need it.

I've been experimenting with Awakened Assassin Lord of Light and Wrathchild for such a purpose. It's also pretty neat that your damage is not punished for building defensive and utility stats, but that's my two cents. I feel like his power abilities are a little expensive though. Perhaps I'll try finding a spot for Future Talismans on my teams to see if there's a payoff.

In the following comparative image, we have Guy Fawkes Eddie and Mummy Eddie (both maxed out) use a single hit AOE ability in the Warrior Lord of Light dungeon, Floor X. While Guy Fawkes Eddie deals physical damage instead of Mummy Eddie's magic damage, there's still quite a difference. The portions marked with #1 are the characters without any talismans. The portions marked with #2 are the characters equipped with talismans that specifically scale to their abilities.

Guy Fawkes Eddie's attack scales with DEF and SPECIAL so in my test I had 5 Onslaught Gunner Talismans.
    Mummy Eddie's attack scales with HP so in my test I had 5 Mystical Sentinel Talismans.

Name:  fawkes_vs_mummy.png
Views: 538
Size:  1.05 MB

Still, if you have any uncertainties or if you have discovered any new issues I might not be aware of - please share them! It's always appreciated.
    Fine, he's not the lowest damage.

It's still not anywhere near worth buying with such low output and I still think his benefits still don't outweigh that low output. They are easily removed by many of other toons. Pairing with strong characters such as wrathchild and Assassin LoL doesn't make him any less weak, if those two toons don't get to take their turn you're out of luck.

I'll most likely wait until he get's his free release.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I was running Night City Words of Warning with Fawkes.... He was hitting for roughy 2k damage for the AOE and around 6K for the multi-hit single target attack. There were times whenthe HP bar on enemies literally showed no change.

Now granted, that's higher tier battle. However, Let's compare him to other purchasable (3 star) Eddies....

All maxed with skill shards...

Fawkes (Chance [3Will max], Ruin [1Over/1Myst max], Cosmic [yellow T2 Void HP+14k, D+1.6k, MR +1.2k)
    Ed Hunter (Fallen [4Barrier but only 4 star lvl 40], Ruin [1Over/1Ward max])
    Gangland (Nightmare [3Barrier max], Angel [3Onslaught max])
    Lone Star (Dominance [3Fierce max], Ruin [2Mystical Max], Cosmic [White T2 Immortality HP +2K, D +108, Sp +112])
    Tour (Trooper [3Fierce, 2Safeguard max], Cosmic [Blue T1 Chance HP +2.2k, D+110, MR +131])

Night City Lord of the Flies -- I realize in some instances class variation will account for damage variation. Sentinel and Gunner Eds should do more damage. I also realize that Chance on Fawkes should make him do more damage.... I'm just far too lazy to go remove talismans and then spend 30-45 minutes swiping left left left left left left to assign them again.

Lone Ed in battle, no supporting characters (so I lost all these battles - sometimes more than once to get a perfect hit ).....

--------------------------------------------

One hit on Killer Beast, present basic, perfect hit
    Guy Fawkes - 10.2K (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Ed Hunter - 2.1k
    Gangland - 4.2 (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Lone Star - 6.9k
    Tour - 6.2K

One hit on Killer Beast, past basic, perfect hit
    Guy Fawkes - 5.6k (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Ed Hunter - 4.5k
    Gangland - 12k (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Lone Star - 6.8k (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Tour - No damage (as expected)

One hit on Killer Beast, future basic, perfect hit
    Guy Fawkes - 7.2k (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Ed Hunter - 2.3k (multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Gangland - 18K (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Lone Star - 12.5k (Multi-hit - best guess watching the numbers)
    Tour - 2.9K

For comparison....

Mummy Ed (Destiny [2Power/2Arcane max], Crystal [2Ward max])....

Present Basic - 2.8k
    Past Basic - No Damage (as Expected)
    Future Basic - 3k

So yeah.. I jsut blew upwards of 150 SOT to test all this

So with these numbers, I think he's okay. And inline with a 4 star compared to the others listed above which are all 3 stars.. I wasn't expecting him to be the next arena "must have".

When I was complaining about him after getting him.. and playing him for the next hour or two -- these were NOT the numbers I was seeing. In fact I was LUCKY if Fawkes EVER did more than 2K damage for ANY attack on ANY character in Night City (madness). Something changed between then and now.

It seems i was wrong.. Ed Hunter is closer to Mummy Ed that Fawkes is.. but then My Ed hunter is the only one without maxed talismans.

I do think that as a purchasable character where stats are COMPLETELY UNKNOWN until AFTER purchase, there should be more there. He's a $5 ed.. not a $20 Ed... given the talisman set you got with the purchase okay.. $10.. still not $20 though. As you can see I've purchased them as they are available..and this is the only time I feel a bit "snookered" by it. Unlike the other purchasables, he has no real "special" ability. That COULD have been overcome by making the time bombs trigger on burns.. not sleep.. He throws burns with every action, yet only 1 ability has a 50% chance of sleep.. and if the Magma shield on allies (from his passive) is active and any enemy hits any ally.. there goes sleep completely...and he ONLY triggers timebombs on sleep. You all are aware that reflected shield damage will wake enemies inflicted with sleep, right???? He's DESIGNED to never trigger timebombs and to wake enemies from the sleep he (or ANY other ally) MIGHT inflict. It's entirely counterproductive. Which.. okay. maybe it's Fawkes.. destined to fail... but come on!
    Last edited by Yup; 11-06-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I do think that as a purchasable character where stats are COMPLETELY UNKNOWN until AFTER purchase, there should be more there. He's a $5 ed.. not a $20 Ed... given the talisman set you got with the purchase okay.. $10.. still not $20 though. As you can see I've purchased them as they are available..and this is the only time I feel a bit "snookered" by it. Unlike the other purchasables, he has no real "special" ability. That COULD have been overcome by making the time bombs trigger on burns.. not sleep.. He throws burns with every action, yet only 1 ability has a 50% chance of sleep.. and if the Magma shield is active and any enemy hits any ally.. there goes sleep compeltely...and he ONLY triggers timebombs on sleep. He's DESIGNED to never trigger timebombs and to wake enemies from the sleep he MIGHT inflict. IT's counterproductive. Which.. okay. maybe it's Fawkes.. but come on!
    This feedback is most appreciated! For characters that have only ever been released as a limited-time direct purchase, there's usually a bit of restraint when designing these characters so that they are not too powerful. They should be fun to use and effective to play with for the average player (especially for those still progressing through the Cosmos), but never strong enough to topple the meta or outright spoil the progression of difficulty.

I believe his original draft included something along the lines of detonating bombs after every action, but it proved to be way too powerful - especially for a 4-star character in the grand scheme of things. This is merely an example of course. Fun fact though, the damage inflicted by Magma Shield used to wake enemies but has since been modified for Guy Fawkes' release. If the tick of damage from his Magma Shield is breaking sleep for you, that would be a bug I can report.

Another fun combination worth trying is using the Bonfire Talismans on Guy Fawkes Eddie. If you pair him with a character who passively applies burns at the start of turn (not via talismans but through a passive ability), you'll start the fight with Perfect Time Bombs ready to be stacked so long as that the enemy does not have an ability to remove or prevent such effects from the start of battle.

I discovered this combo using Warrior Corrupt Rescuer and Magus Shardborne. With Guy Fawkes' Past Basic and Bonfire running, it's funny to watch the Time Bombs pile on. Major Malakhov is pretty good with him as well for such a purpose.

Nonetheless, this has been a valuable exchange so thank you for that.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    For characters that have only ever been released as a limited-time direct purchase, there's usually a bit of restraint when designing these characters so that they are not too powerful. They should be fun to use and effective to play with for the average player (especially for those still progressing through the Cosmos), but never strong enough to topple the meta or outright spoil the progression of difficulty.
    This is understood... and really, has always been my assumption. Fun.. but never gonna be a "game changer".

I was unaware of the Magma Shield not waking enemies.. is that true for other characters like W Lilith/Magma Ed's Magma Shield? Honestly, I just assumed they woke enemies as they always have. I'll need to play closer attention before commenting either way. If that is the case, then okay. I guess that at least removes his total ineffectiveness where the trigger is concerned.

I do still think he should trigger bombs on something OTHER than sleep... Like change that 50% chance to inflict sleep (which really makes no sense for the character) to something like 50% chance to inflict Flare, Toxic Burn, or Grievous burn (none of which he currently inflicts).... then trigger timbombs if that is active, but not sleep. Devs seem to be on an "add sleep ability" to characters kick recently. Which isn't a problem at all.. but I just don't see how throwing bombs puts enemies to sleep. All three of those.. Flare, Toxic and Grievous burns have only a few characters capable of inflicting those and if you don't include Eddies, it's really less than a handful.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-06-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..