Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: November Events

OS
    iOS
    Oh gosh, I haven't used Warrior Lilith since forever. To my knowledge, Magma Shield shouldn't break Sleep anymore (unless the change was exclusive to Guy Fawkes which is unlikely). Even so, Warrior Lilith would break Sleep regardless of the fact since her attacks don't bypass the effect in general.

As for why Sleep was chosen as a trigger, I believe one idea was that there haven't been very many Eddies to date that support Sleep teams. In recent days, there have been a fair number of new allies that bypass Sleep, but not many Eddies to go along with them. It's also worth considering the thematic element of plotting to sneakily set up bombs while your opponent sleeps.

Another fun fact for you all - elements of his abilities, such as Magma Shield and Ghost, are reflective of the real life history of Guy Fawkes - how people have burned effigies resembling him in an influence that has lasted centuries.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    .. but the bombs didn't cause people to sleep.. s'all I'm saying
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    For characters that have only ever been released as a limited-time direct purchase, there's usually a bit of restraint when designing these characters so that they are not too powerful. They should be fun to use and effective to play with for the average player (especially for those still progressing through the Cosmos), but never strong enough to topple the meta or outright spoil the progression of difficulty.
    The only one I've purchased so far was the 2019 Tour Eddie, and he was a massive help given where I was at in the Cosmos storyline. I've now reached Underworld Madness and Nightcity Normal, and am having to look around for a replacement. Served his purpose, and was at a price I'd happily pay again for guaranteed characters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    As for why Sleep was chosen as a trigger, I believe one idea was that there haven't been very many Eddies to date that support Sleep teams.
    Feel free to buff Phantom Eddie if you want, and not just because I was lucky enough to pull him recently :P

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal
    Another fun fact for you all - elements of his abilities, such as Magma Shield and Ghost, are reflective of the real life history of Guy Fawkes - how people have burned effigies resembling him in an influence that has lasted centuries.
    I like this about his design, the abilities fit the theme. The bombs didn't put people to sleep, but once people were asleep, the bombs went off!
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Pssst don't interrupt the candlelight dinner between Durandal and Yup

It is nice to read that there is a clear intention to make these pay-only characters rather weak! I completely reject the pay-only-characters concept.
    At least one is now available via achievements... but in the meanwhile we have 5 Eddies + the green wolf. I see it is part of the new Navigator concept, as it is rather new. Please don't overdo it!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Pssst don't interrupt the candlelight dinner between Durandal and Yup

It is nice to read that there is a clear intention to make these pay-only characters rather weak! I completely reject the pay-only-characters concept.
    At least one is now available via achievements... but in the meanwhile we have 5 Eddies + the green wolf. I see it is part of the new Navigator concept, as it is rather new. Please don't overdo it!
    I totally agree with you blade. I won’t pay money for that crappy fun-eds. Maybe they’ll be available in events/achievements soon, just as gangland now. Then, of course I’m grinding and collecting them.

OS
    iOS
    ahh.. tell the truth.. you all WANT to pay for the Eds you simply can't afford it. There's no more shame in that than there is in those that do purchase them.

And quite frankly, you should be GLAD people spend money if you like this app. if they didn't there'd be no app. So yeah.. insult those that keep the app alive.. makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-06-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I dont see the problem with something being offered for real money which gives an advantage in the game. The only problem I have is after a period of time it should be available for free or earned by a grindathon, as the games original intent.

If someone can afford it and chooses to purchase an advantage good for them. That is the way life works. Not everything will be given to you in real life.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    One thing that could come from the dev's experimenting with teams is they could physically verify the bugs in the game. It would be interesting if they could try and explain the bugs and why they occur.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    I've said it before, but since the game has the ability to AUTO PLAY, I'd assumed that the devs would run every single resource against every other possible resource in a bank of continuously grinding auto-plays running on a server in debug mode. It's not like they'd have to sit there and mash buttons, the game literally plays itself.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    Note that auto-replay wasn't added until a month or two after I posted something like..... "If I just didn't have to tap the screen three times at the end of every battle it would be better... " Auto-replay is really a feature only introduced within the last 6 months or year.

As for why Devs probably test characters/talismans.. you **can't** merely look at numbers and now how an RNG is going to alter things.. especially THEIR RNG, which is downright hinky, or as they put it "streaky"..... and I suspect there are at least 3-6 factors for each and every battle all running on an RNG determinate.. so....yeah.. numbers aren't enough. A clear example is the 2 brave wearing wolves bug recently addressed... that specific thing WON'T happen if you set up the exact same thing for PvP - 2 characters with Brave talismans. Why it only happens in a dungeon is a mystery, at least to me.
    CLANLESS