OS
    Android

Revive random ally - why would it not work ?

So, was playing a gauntlet battle, had Charlotte, 3 dead characters, 2 of which died with permadeath active, so only my number of the beast eddie was eligible for revive.

So I use Charlotte's power ability, which revives a random ally.

But nothing happened. Eddie did not revive.

So, I use it again, nothing. And again, but this time Eddie revived.

Now... why would it be blocked ?

The only explanation I have, is that it doesn't check if a dead ally is actually eligible for revive, and when it chooses a "random ally", it can pick one that had permadeath, and wasting the revive attempt.

Which is a bit silly, no ? And I don't think it used to be like this - if only one ally was eligible, only that ally would be revived ?

OS
    Android
    That is correct . It will try and revive any ally alive, dead or permadeathed. Now some of the newer toons state will revive a dead ally, but that still doesnt help if it was permadeathed. The next step will revive a dead ally that can be revived.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Random effects never look for what makes sense. Two Magus Crimean Soldiers do not Freeze two enemies per round, they each randomly freeze 1/4 of the enemies but it can be the same one. That's just how randomness works.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic