Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android

How do you juggle 50 troopers (without spending ironite)?

Hey, all! One day I'll run out of questions to ask, but it's not today. Sorry, but I need some more insight here.

I'm trying my best to save up ironite as much as I can and my biggest expenditure is SoT (duh). I do that in order to hit the better parts of events and farms and use my 50 troopers. But the math doesn't add up.

Here's my understanding: we get 12 SoT an hour, so we get 288 free SoT a day. Dividing that out, that means that I can only hit battles that cost 5-6 SoT. Anything beyond that, which will usually cost 8-30, and I'm buying SoT and spending ironite.

So what's the best approach? Bite the bullet, spend ironite, and go for it? Or is there a resource strategy I'm missing? Or maybe those events and such really are over-costed for me at my level?

Thanks!
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    Android
    The most efficient way is to play madness powerslave. You get 288 free SoT plus a few from the daily challenge rewards. After all skull quests that leaves 240 SoT. Since powerslave cost 4 SoT each you can play 60 battles. So you will have a few SoT left over. I found you earn 30% return SoT in powerslave so thats another earned 80SoT. This also allows you to save gold and level your toons up naturally saving resources.

If you only play powerslave and skull quests you will earn between 50 -100 ironite a day. That adds up in a month.

Now the question is do sit by for a month or two and skip events to build up ironite or spend it as you earn it and only be able to partially participate in events.

You need to set short and long term goals and go for them. Chasing the new thing each time usually leaves you short. It is a hard choice.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Who says you have to have 50 troopers. The badges are nice in the beginning , but you dont absolutely need them
    Originally buying the SS was important, they have become much easier to earn.

You could always cut back a few troopers to be able to run a few LoL or BNW a day to earn resources without having to spend ironite. There are always trade offs in how you play.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    This is something I've been struggling with too. It doesn't feel "fair" to miss some of my troopers each day, but without spending ironite, it's not always possible. I try to use the people I know first, and hope the others don't mind if I occasionally can only use them every second day. It's certainly much easier during events when you can farm Powerslave, or are already buying SoT refills.

What starts of a really helpful support system, slowly morphs into an anxious feel-bad pressure system. Increasing the 120 SoT limit would fix it though, no need for anything more complicated than that!
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    I have 17. Troopers and don't need more,trooper badge are boring part of the game...

OS
    Android
    I still like the trooper thing, although I almost never use it to try out a character that I don't have, as I don't take time for that.
    But they help to level characters easily in Powerslave as long as there is no event going on. During grinding events you need to get refills anyway, so you also get through your troopers easily.
    Also the trooper badges are nice for the various frags and a set of destiny once in a while.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    If you know you cant routinely use all of your troopers you should cut a few out of your list. The person on the other side is also counting on those badges, please show some respect.

It is easier for most players to use an Eddie as your champ. Any fully sharded Eddie can be used in powerslave. If you use the trooper as your main eddie you can level your toons much faster.

Using a non eddie can make it more difficult on your troopers where you may force them to spend SoT just to use your trooper first before they can start a grind. I dont accept any non Eddie's as a trooper anymore.

At first if may be nice to try a non Eddie toon you dont have, but it will rapidly progress where your non eddie is more of a hassle than it is worth. I didnt mind having four non Eddie's for troopers because I could use them on skull quests at reset, but it got out of hand and I had over 20 overnight when the LoL can out.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    I already have all the Trooper store has to offer; I mainly spend on talismans and other resources (FC mostly). Sounds like my best bet is not to push for using 50, cull the non-Eddies (those are a pain to manage), and farm Powerslave to keep the ironite flowing (and why did I just have DUNE flashbacks?).

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone! ML, thanks for the Powerslave tip!
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    Android
    One thing I would do is bank at least 10-20k trooper badges for those events that requires spending badges. Its just part of how to manage your resources. Every week buy the trooper frags, those will come in handy for future sac events and the 100 FC when claimed can always to used.

If you dont need anything in the trooper store, buying the various toon frags is not a bad choice. They add up to buy dupe eddies. When starting every 5* sac toon is appreciated..

This is a bit off topic, but buying event souls or banner packs is the worst purchase in the game. You may get lucky, but it is the worst drain of ironite.

I know the game has drastically changed since the dungeons has been released. The normal LoL events were one of the best things to blow ironite on. You gain a toon along with sac dupes or purchases, earn lilith frags and earn evo material which is in great demand.
    Last edited by Muzzleloader; 11-06-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    iOS
    If you have everything in the Trooper store... you can grab Skill Shards twice a week.. or Frontier Coins... or during sac events it's sometimes helpful to get a soul or two... There's really always something of value there. I don't need anything there, but I still pick up the 2 skill shards each week to have a stockpile for new characters. And ultimately The 10K in badges spent on those is not all the badges I earn in a week.. so they continue to accumulate if I don't spend on other items.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..