Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from Space Station No.5 - November 7th 2019

Name:  Updates-station-5.png
Views: 7405
Size:  1.07 MB

Hello Troopers!

Welcome to November! This weeks Update from Space Station No. 5 is going to be a short one.

We are all focused on projects like server stability updates and working through our Customer Support requests. Changing our focus to server stability doesn’t affect the timeline for events and those will still be announced in the Game Feed.

Changes

If you haven’t heard yet, we adjusted the Crimson Blades Dungeon to stop Enemies from having multiple sets of Brave Talismans. We updated the enemies Talismans to 1 Brave set and 1 Tower/Serenity. This should allow for the floor to be more accessible to more players. The difficulty of this floor was not originally designed to limit as many players as it did. There was a counter to it, it just wasn’t as effective as we wanted it to be.

Bugs and such

Thank you for your patience while we worked on server stability. We implemented the first of the updates to the server at the beginning of the month, but we are working on more updates as a priority for 2019.

We are aware that the Missions tab is still bugged for a lot of our players. This is manifesting in a couple of ways including not tracking Missions completing and showing notification bubbles like there are rewards to claim. We are looking at some solutions to this and will resolve this as soon as possible, as we know it is affecting how you play.

Clans

We do not have any content updates for Clans in November. It will be business as usual while we stabilize everything that we have currently available. Things like Check-In tracking are targeted bugs that will be addressed as soon as possible.

Weekend Warrior will return next week…

Last but not least, I would like to invite the Community to share their Fan art. I have seen it all over the forum, in different places on Facebook and Twitter. I would love to see what you have done! Post it here in this thread and we will feature our favourites in next week's Space Station No.5 Update.

That’s it!

Space Station No.5, shutting down until next week.

OS
    iOS
    Requesting art may not be a great move given the amount of 'artists' we have on the forum!

Well don't for getting this out even in a limited form.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Changing our focus to server stability doesn’t affect the timeline for events and those will still be announced in the Game Feed.*

That may have been poorly worded. We are working on a problem, but will still release material without fixing previous bugs. Many would welcome a break if some of the bugs were fixed. Grinding events are frustrating when you need to babysit to catch the connectivity lose, especially in timed dungeons.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Photo is of my copyright; fonts used were public domain.

Name:  Crash.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  334.3 KB

OS
    Android
    So you wanna see some art? This was inspired by the current trend of re-skinned characters in the game...

Name:  Wasted Years Eddie.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  262.2 KB

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Photo is of my copyright;
    Sorry.. uhm.. you were alive to take a photo in 1917?? You're more than 102 years old???

You might want to sue the folks on pinterest for using your copyrighted work: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/528750812500105042/
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Sorry.. uhm.. you were alive to take a photo in 1917?? You're more than 102 years old???

You might want to sue the folks on pinterest for using your copyrighted work: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/528750812500105042/
    I own that original glass-plate diapositive for the stereoscopic version of that slide. Therefore, copyright of my work (as well as scanning and cleaning the scratches) does indeed reside with me. My copyright attorney agrees.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazpheme View Post
    So you wanna see some art? This was inspired by the current trend of re-skinned characters in the game...

Name:  Wasted Years Eddie.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  262.2 KB
    Lmao. That will all be us in a few years from playing this game too long. Nice work lol
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    You may own a stereoscopic slide of the image and have done work on it, but you do not own the copyright of the picture. It can be, and is used online in at least 29 places as seen in the link below. I mean nice little meme you did but your copyright attorney is barking up the wrong tree if you think you have legal control over the use of that image.

https://www.tineye.com/search/f0ac02...02a79a6?page=1
    That particular instance of the image is of my copyright. I took an extremely scratched up instance of a fairly common - but more-than-usually tonally rich slide, and I did a lot of work on it.

This does not mean that other people can't use other sources for the image and do as they like with it. The base image is obviously in the public domain, having been created prior to 1924.

This particular instance of it, however, is copyrighted, under the same precepts that, e.g., someone who recreates an Aubrey Beardsley illustration in color and sells it on Etsy owns the copyright to their own derivative work.

It's all academic really; the only reason I mentioned that I own the copyright is to make it clear that I'm not making memes out of things that are under the auspices of anybody else's copyright. That is to say, I want to be perfectly clear that I'm not infringing on anybody's rights by posting it.

LotB players may feel free to repost this meme any time the server crashes. So pretty much several times a day.