Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    That's what happens with many of the OP toons or talis. At first they are overwhelming and so called unbeatable then the next shiny toy comes around and replaces it. That's the way the game is designed. The make must haves or feell left behind.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke_Happy View Post
    Ok can we talk about the fact that Starfire talismans are nearly impossible to beat. I’ll admit I make use of them on my Musashi and make use of AoD’s endure and full heals to beat certain arena combos *cough cough Warrior LoL + Gambler*, but they are even more abusable against PvE. Anybody else think they’re kinda screwed up?
    *SNORTS* how do you think I managed to beat the warrior insanity level on celestial blades thingy. It also works very well in the lucifer level in LoL. Add an Emperor Eddie with orbit the assassin werewolf with starfire the count with yin and yang and you almost don't need another character. hmm reminds me I need to look into something that generates a magic shield for a few rounds....

OS
    Android
    My one and only complaint about this is they do a piss poor job of having a counter for most of the shiney new stuff. And unfortunately they will probably never get any better at it because it doesn't incentivise people to spend money. But putting out something new and more deadly or something yeah people go for that.

However when they put out a character/talisman that disables talismans then we know the game is over. Because after that whats left... Wouldn't matter if it cast 2k ironite plus 300 assassin mythical souls and a fully awakened Lord of Light etc. people would have to have it and they would have it.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke_Happy View Post
    Ok can we talk about the fact that Starfire talismans are nearly impossible to beat. I’ll admit I make use of them on my Musashi and make use of AoD’s endure and full heals to beat certain arena combos *cough cough Warrior LoL + Gambler*, but they are even more abusable against PvE. Anybody else think they’re kinda screwed up?
    Nah, they're good. Only way I've been able to beat some PvE levels without needing overpowered characters myself!
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientEvil View Post
    My bad reputation precedes me, but you know what - there is a bigger, imho, problem and people are leaving.

Would it be too much to ask that Eddie Van Helsing has Team God Mode for 1 turn instead of 2. Like a built in Celestial talisman. I have Eddie Van Helsing and I'd have no quarrels with a nerfing.

Thoughts:
    Don't listen to this guy!

He bad mouths veteran players, buys his OP toons, eventually gets Eternal rank, and now he's whining.

Cry me a freakin river!

How about we nerf your maxed Dark Lilith and Maxed Lucifer (just yours, not anyone else's.)

I don't have either of those. Van Helsing is my super freaking hard earned toon to combat your bought and paid for OP toons.

The reason your crying[redacted], is cuz your a newbie who doesn't have the "RELICS" to hang with the big dogs.

Despite what you may think, "entitlement" is just a myth, you don't deserve anything handed to you!

Quit whining cuz life is hard. They nerf enough hard earned/ paid for stuff in this game.

I can't believe your arrogant audacity to start this thread!

I like everyone in this forum.... except you.
    I think you need a good kick in the arse or to work some serious hard days labor to humble you!

Btw,[redacted].... people leave because they only want to play for free or because server connection errors frustrate them.
    IMHO, you are the problem.... NOT VAN HELSING!
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by drrchmnd View Post
    My one and only complaint about this is they do a piss poor job of having a counter for most of the shiney new stuff. And unfortunately they will probably never get any better at it because it doesn't incentivise people to spend money. But putting out something new and more deadly or something yeah people go for that.

However when they put out a character/talisman that disables talismans then we know the game is over. Because after that whats left... Wouldn't matter if it cast 2k ironite plus 300 assassin mythical souls and a fully awakened Lord of Light etc. people would have to have it and they would have it.
    Very true! I am pretty sure that we will see that ability/skill to disable talismans.
    Over the last year or so, talis set effects have become extremely powerful. From my perspective even (a bit) too powerful, as many of these new sets were more crucial than the skills of the "best" characters and by this dominated the meta. We might see the peak now with sets like Sigularity, Starfire, Celestial or Orbit. Set effects that cannot really be countered. The only real counter against some of them is the fact that a team still consits of "only" 1 Ed and 3 Allies so that you cannot combine all monster sets in one team.

In a "normal" game, ultra powerful skills and set effects like those mentioned would not need to exist, but as we know that freemium needs to evolve continously, and NF decides to keep the frequency of new game and meta changing things so high to get people spending. The meta develops in circles I'd say. We had a lot of sets and effects that increased damage (e.g. by healing) extremely. That was counterd by sets that block or reduce damage. Same for passive disable, countered by Singularities like a mild cold by a powerful broad-spectrum antibiotic. Then the next talis took over, which means (to me) that we will see a big counter against that sometimes. I am curious too see how they implement that and how it will be available. This might be an interesting point in LotB history and might be decisive for some players to stay with the "game" or not.
    Last edited by Blade; 11-12-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    They should not nerf anything ever unless it breaks the game. I am with many others on here - fix it if it is broken only. if they create a killer character by design then so be it. If they create one that is broken fix it but leave the rest alone or provide a solution to defeating the OP character.

Van Helsing is a great Eddie and he is designed that was as he was a struggle to get - I got him through hard work and time. So if they nerf him I will not be pleased at all - the only reason you fix something is if it broken or not working as intended.....you sell a car quoting 500 bhp, you expect 500 bhp not 250 bhp. Sell a car with brakes that work - you expect them to work etc etc. The same as in this game. if it is sold as one thing it should be that thing, not that thing for one week or one month...unless it is broken. END OF!

I had to struggle against maxed Lucy and maxed Dark Lilith and now I have a tool to defeat them both...as designed! So keep it that way and do not change things on any character unless it is a fix or an improvement to an old character.

Just my opinion of course!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    They should not nerf anything ever unless it breaks the game. I am with many others on here - fix it if it is broken only. if they create a killer character by design then so be it. If they create one that is broken fix it but leave the rest alone or provide a solution to defeating the OP character.

Van Helsing is a great Eddie and he is designed that was as he was a struggle to get - I got him through hard work and time. So if they nerf him I will not be pleased at all - the only reason you fix something is if it broken or not working as intended.....you sell a car quoting 500 bhp, you expect 500 bhp not 250 bhp. Sell a car with brakes that work - you expect them to work etc etc. The same as in this game. if it is sold as one thing it should be that thing, not that thing for one week or one month...unless it is broken. END OF!

I had to struggle against maxed Lucy and maxed Dark Lilith and now I have a tool to defeat them both...as designed! So keep it that way and do not change things on any character unless it is a fix or an improvement to an old character.

Just my opinion of course!
    Scott, so true. Don't nerf EVER AGAIN. Make something new to counter the power instead.
    Recall the Primordials? Everyone who didn't have them complained about their power, so NF nerfed them. Those of us who did have them and invested heavily in powering up 4 sets of 6 talismans suddenly got ripped off. They are still OK but nothing at all like the ultimate talismans they once were. There should be a talisman disable ability on a character, instead of taking away the awesomeness of the talismans.
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

Utah. No, I don't know why. I think it was vodka. Or a redhead. Likely both.
    OS
    Android
    @Scott-5496

EXACTLY! I have left games I've played for YEARS because the whining and crying about nerfing resulted in me losing stuff I worked a ton on getting and upgrading. Then the next shiny comes out, people get their widdle feelings hurt, and then something else gets nerfed. That kills a game for me quicker than something really, really quick. Game designers need to grasp a simple thing:

Nerf = Take away from players
    Counters = Gives to the players
    The EXORCISTS Clan
    Tengu316-5082

OS
    iOS
    @ Bakura...well spoken sir!