OS
    iOS

PLEASE correct how you handle iOS updated.

So the app is dead in the water.. has been for over 9 hours now.....

I KNOW that this is NOT Apple's fault for any delay in approval. As a developer you can submit the app for approval with a release date set in the future. So, Navigator games could have submitted an update for approval to Apple on November 19th, with a scheduled release date of November 21.

Is it NOT Apple's fault iOS users can not get into the app at the moment. It's poor planning on the part of Navigator games. And this is a REGULAR OCCURRENCE. This isn't the first time this has happened. Yet Navigator Games CONTINUES to do this. Sure a stupid little disclaimer has been added to announcements claiming "apple users may have to wait longer" -- but the reality is THEY SHOULDN'T have to.. Navigator Games MAKES them wait. You can not tell me Apple lets an app sit in the approval queue for 9+ hours... 2 or 3 maybe.. but 9??? What did you all submit it AFTER a daily deadline????

PLEASE correct this poor planning.

iOS users should be compensated in some manner since clearly Android users are allowed to play. How can PvP ranking be maintained when one is shut out of the app for a full day?????
    Last edited by Yup; 11-22-2019 at 03:39 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Sparton has talked about this a few times, essentially once submitted, it's on apples timeline to propagate it to the App Store, and that some regions/territories can get sooner. It's odd I havnt seen such long delays on any other app I use when similar new content is added

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Sparton has talked about this a few times, essentially once submitted, it's on apples timeline to propagate it to the App Store, and that some regions/territories can get sooner. It's odd I havnt seen such long delays on any other app I use when similar new content is added
    Other apps I use on my iPhone either:

A) tell you when there's going to be an update a day or so in advance or

b) find a way to keep running the old version until you get on wifi and download it (not an issue if you have unlimited data)

So I can't imagine that a game with this many players cannot keep on up with the times. Just about 5.5 hours that Android players have been chugging along with the updates, while those of us who chose Apple are sitting here listening to all the fun our friends are having, and having the surprises spoiled for us.

I can't honestly see any justification for this. Just hold the update a day or two in terms of server-side changes, and get the client-side part through the approval process - THEN take everybody offline at the same time. Then everybody on both sides can get their updates and not, for example, pillage the dormant Arena players who choose to play in the arena on iPhone and not droids.

OS
    iOS
    They try and Blame Apple.. but it's NOT Apple's fault.. it's Navigator Games' fault. It has NOTHING to do with Apple's review process. Apple's process DOESN'T change. Apple is NOT in the business of delaying updates for hours upon hours for their developers.

As I posted, Youc an submit an update and set a FUTURE release date. They could have submitted this update last Monday... and planned the release date for Thursday.. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... the want to submit and release at the SAME TIME. It's shitty planning by Navigator games... 11 hours now.. just ridiculous.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    A) tell you when there's going to be an update a day or so in advance
    This would be a really nice feature here. Either regular weekly/biweekly maintenance, of a known duration, or at least two days warning. Allows people to plan around downtime, instead of being surprised during farming sessions. Regular, well notified maintenance, would potentially reduce accidents such as this current one. Set the downtime longer than you think will be needed, allowing you to ensure everything is working before hitting the on switch again, and either fix or notify users of any discovered last-minute problems. More communication is always better.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    They try and Blame Apple.. but it's NOT Apple's fault.. it's Navigator Games' fault. It has NOTHING to do with Apple's review process. Apple's process DOESN'T change. Apple is NOT in the business of delaying updates for hours upon hours for their developers.

As I posted, Youc an submit an update and set a FUTURE release date. They could have submitted this update last Monday... and planned the release date for Thursday.. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... the want to submit and release at the SAME TIME. It's shitty planning by Navigator games... 11 hours now.. just ridiculous.
    Navigator has proven time and time again they don't know how to handle releasing content.

They don't account for Apple's delay (which every other app can see to figure out)
    This is the first update in forever that wasn't on a Friday (maybe they've finally learned that lesson)
    And they have no clue about soft releases

As a fellow developer I am ashamed of this game and the poor reputation Navigator is giving the rest of us.

We get mad (with the more polite players-passionate) because we want to love this game but as of late it feels like we're get urinated on and told it's rain.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I have no idea who is right or who is wrong here at all - whether the devs or Apple. But what I do know is that not a single other app on my iphone is ever down for hours - you may get a 10 minute period or so but that is it. Never is it down like this so I have to think (and it is only think) that the devs should be doing what Yup has mentioned - send out an update one/two days before and then update the servers when it is propagated across the globe. Then there are no issues?

It never used to be like this at all on this game either - sure we had issues but Apple was no different to Android. Something has changed with this app whilst it has not changed for other apps I use. There has to be a correct answer and for once we really would like to know. I saw a post from Leviathan about it but I am sorry it does not add up to me or all apps would be the same surely?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496