Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    120

    Alexander the Broken

    Alexander Eddie’s passive states that it can be countered by passive disable. As someone with a full set of viper talismans and a full set of star fires, I can confidently say I have never seen Alex get hit with a PD. A perfect example of this was the last pvp match I did, I had both M Derby Demon (vipers) and Musashi (starfire). I was facing Alex by himself, without immunity on him mind you, and for a solid 20 turns no passive disable was applied. I quit the battle after my Musashi died and failed to apply PD. The cherry on top is that Alex was running dominance talis with an insane amount of max hp made it so any time his heal activated, all dmg done was healed back. I am aware I could have won using some of my stronger characters, but if I had gotten off a passive disable I would have been able to win through marks, and the only reason I lost was through a broken passive. Devs please fix this!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    236
    Alex isn't broken. Your atk team wasn't ideal. Vipers offer 35% chance of Pd. Mushashi and m derby demon don't apply pd.
    Warrior derby demon will apply pd 100% w basic atk.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    120
    Three issues with this explanation,
    1. Viper talismans have a 35% chance to proc pd, leaving a 65% chance NOT to proc pd each turn. Using the figure I gave earlier (20+ turns), we can determine that the chance of not getting a pd proc once is equal to 0.65 to the power of 20, or roughly a 0.000181245458 chance. That is a ridiculously small chance not to get pd.

    2. Starfire talismans remove all beneficial effects, Golden included, on both allies and enemies upon death (ruling out immunity) and applying perfect corruption and pd to all enemies for the duration and 2 turns respectively. When my Musashi died with these on pd should have been applied but didn’t.
    3. None of the above matters anyway bc I used my W Minotaur against a lone Alex Ed, which guaranteed applies pd with its basic, yet failed to proc it on Alexander. This 100 percent process it is bugged.

    (Also m derby demon had vipers on it, thus allowing it to apply pd.)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    191
    I've been wondering about this too recently, and I think Alex's passive description is a bit misleading. When it says "by Passive Disable effects", my testing shows it is ONLY the red Passive Disable that works, and not the silver Perfect Disable. I had a team using The Prisoner and another character with Vipers. The Prisoner's passive would apply Passive Disable on the first turn, and I could inflict further debuffs, including Perfect Disable. However, on Turn 2, the Perfect Disable overwrote Passive Disable, and even though Alex had the Perfect Disable icon, I couldn't inflict any other debuffs. When I removed the Viper talismans, and only used Passive Disable, there weren't any problems. I could stun Alex turn after turn. This is either a bug with how Perfect & Passive Disable interact, or his passive description needs to clarify it only works for the basic red effect.


    Passive Disable works against Alex, Perfect Disable doesn't.


    EDIT: Sorry, when I typed this up, I misread your last bit about W Minotaur, and assumed it gave Perfect Disable, not Passive Disable. So that adds another complication to my Passive/Perfect theory. Another possible explanation could be when the debuffs are applied. The Prisoner seems to almost always trigger first, at the start of the battle, before any other effects. Vipers might be a little later in the effect-trigger order, and attacks with the debuff are obviously after the turns has begun. This would come down to how effects and abilities are coded. Perhaps instead of having an exception to allow these Disable effects to work, Alex's passive blocks ALL effects, but checks once at the start of battle to see if a disable effect is present?

    That still doesn't explain the weird interaction between Passive Disable and Vipers I mentioned at the start though.

    Would be really interesting to get a look behind the curtain here. DEVS: A suggestion for a future Satellite 15 post perhaps?
    Last edited by Azagthor; 11-17-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

  5. #5
    Member Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    95
    PD works on Alex at the first turn, then no more. Also, Alex can get debuffed the right moment after you move him from back seat to first-line if you are playing a dungeon manually.

    Is it meant that Alex´s passive can only be removed at the first turn? Nobody really knows, his description doesn't properly say it but you got a lead recently with Moonchild which passive is similar to Alex and clearly states that can only be removed at the first turn.

    However, we´ve been asking at least clarification for some characters since long ago with no much success...
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •