Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Singularity talismans blocking Pass. Diss.

Hi Fellas

This may look as a complaining thread but it's not. I believe I'm right (?)
    A few hours ago I had the possibility to face Natasmai's team in the Arena (very tough defence my friend, I daresay), so I wanted to test Moonchild's abilities. This was the team I used.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-11-17 at 21.07.51.jpeg
Views: 858
Size:  93.3 KB

Naturally, I thought that by preventing enemies from gaining Immunity effects with Angel's passive, I could apply Passive Dissable with The Prisoner on each enemy. I was wrong.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-11-17 at 21.07.51 (1).jpeg
Views: 814
Size:  111.8 KB

Natasmai's team attacked first.
    I double checked every enemy's passive but none of them grant immunity to passive dissable. Only the Singularity set. This is its description:

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-11-17 at 21.07.51 (2).jpeg
Views: 886
Size:  121.8 KB

If I couln't apply passive disable on my FIRST turn of battle, then is the talisman set bugged or what?

Thank you for reading

OS
    Android
    I think when they made the updates to singularity they intended it to be the first thing applied to prevent exactly what you tried to do. Meaning the singularity applies immunity before your angel passive takes effect. This is all speculation of course, since nothing is ever clearly explained by the dev's. I agree with you though, angel should prevent immunity which should then allow the passive disable to apply from your prisoner.

What makes it even more confusing is that my team doesnt appear to have immunity showing. So it would seem your angel worked, but still it prevented the passive disable

OS
    Android
    Did Prisoner get Perfect Disabled when Natasmai's team started the turn (before anyone attacked)? That would stop his passive applying the passive disable to your team.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    I remember the talisman was bugged when they were first released as it didn't block passive and perfect disable on the first turn. They added the immunity on the first turn as a work around to get it to work as intended. So technically it is bugged (compared to the description) but works as its intended to?
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Did Prisoner get Perfect Disabled when Natasmai's team started the turn (before anyone attacked)? That would stop his passive applying the passive disable to your team.
    My guess is this - Looks like everyone got perfect disabled including your prisoner. Someone (or a talisman) who applies disable might have been better in this case.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    My Prisoner had Serenity and Mark talismans so he died (R.I.P.) without a silver effect on him.
    Singularity's passive is blocking passive disable on the first turn

OS
    Android
    A major flaw to arena, is the order which passives are applied. It seems there is no method to the madness.

This can greatly throw off one's strategy as we see in the pic.

It looks like Prisoner applied pass disable, which was blocked by Singularity's immunity, then that was removed/prevented by Angel Ed's passive.

Try it again and see if it turns out differently. That would let you know if it's random or if there is a pattern or order to which the AI applies passives.

I've experienced many different scenarios where they weren't applied properly. Sometimes the AI ignores passives too.

This is why I have posted previously that the AI cheats... cuz 99% of the time, the bugs work in it's favor.

Don't forget, the original foundation of coding for this game was created by a company 3 owners in the past. Ever since, the different developers have just been adding to it and fixing/patching along the way.

dirtyrottenimbecile
    This is where an explanation of how effects “stack” would be helpful. What I mean by stack is that if each effect is applied or “laid down“ onto an invisible stack (like a stack of cards)the effects would then take effect in the opposite order that they were laid down. So for passives the developers would have to tell us the order or if they cancel each other out. but for things applied on an action, being hit or attacking it would have been cool if used the order Of operations so to speak so players could really strategize. The game probably isn’t even coded that way but other games are so it would be nice!

OS
    Android
    When I was learning how to play this game I realized that "effects" where what determined success or failure. I learned how to float over each character and read the effects that were applied, as well as read the passives listed at the top of the screen. This is how I learned "what was happening" and how to build teams to overcome challenges.

Next, I learned that Talismans can apply "invisible effects" that can't be visually confirmed in-game. So, NOT all effects active on a character are listed. This is where the game mechanic is broken.

The hierarchy of how effects are applied wouldn't be "a mystery" if you could SEE whether they're applied or not.

Not that the devs are ever going to change this, but ALL ACTIVE EFFECTS, whether character or Talisman derived, should be DISPLAYED IN-GAME.

OS
    Android
    I just played a bunch of battles last night cuz of the Arena event, and I can't tell you how many times pass. disable was still blocked after the toon w/ Singularity was gone.
    I heard someone else mention that in another thread.
    Killing Ferryman w/ Charlotte's burns takes awhile.
    Not to mention all the other problems it causes.

I could mention tons of bugs in arena. It's why I hardly play anymore. But this one is really affecting alot. So many passives now, and 85% of the teams use Singularity.
    2 wrongs don't make a right!