Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    232

    Post FROZEN WASTELAND Beginner's Dungeon Guide - With Pictures

    Welcome to the visual guide for the Skull Quest related FROZEN WASTELAND Frontier Dungeon. Compared to the other dungeons, this icy one is relatively straight forward, but the more information available the better. This new dungeon was released on the 18th of November, 2019. It is aimed at newer and intermediate players, and introduced Icy Talisman Legendary Souls. Every 250 runs of this dungeon will earn a blue T2/3 cosmic talisman.

    First of all, huge shout-out to Bakura, for giving me the inspiration to create my own guide for this easier dungeon. Love your work mate!
    Secondly, sorry the pictures are so large, was a nightmare formatting them for the guide. If we can use BB Code to shrink them, instead of shrinking before uploading, please let me know how.
    Thirdly, where possible I have underlined and linked to the Compendium page for relevant characters and talismans.
    Lastly, anytime you see [ed:] that's me adding editor's commentary to someone else's posts. Thought I should make that clear as Ed means something different here in LotB!

    You can find the official announcement and description of this dungeon HERE. It contains some nice official illustrations.

    Frozen Wasteland at a Glance
    Name:  FrozenReferenceSmaller.png
Views: 189
Size:  592.5 KB


    How to Unlock the Frozen Wasteland
    The Frozen Wasteland requires a key, like all Frontier Dungeons. However, these keys cannot be purchased for Frontier Coins, and can only be obtained as a rare (20%) drop from Skull Quests during events, or as event challenge rewards. The launch event had three keys as a challenge reward. While the keys are only acquirable during events, you can use a key at any time.

    Each key costs a nominal 25,000 gold to open in the Book of Souls. The key opens the dungeon for eight (8) hours. You are only limited by time (and your ironite for refills), there are no other restriction.

    There is only one stage, a HARD mode. Each run costs 10 SoT, but thanks to Sands of Time drop rates run costs average out to 6 SoT. You'll need to run your calculations based on your own clear speed, but 2-3 mega-refills should last most of the dungeon's duration.

    Name:  FWInfoRewards.png
Views: 579
Size:  613.5 KB


    REWARDS - What can you get from the Frozen Wasteland?
    As you can see from the reward list above, this dungeon is heavily focused on cosmic talismans. However, that list is incomplete. Here is the full list of potential rewards. The numbers provided come from the "serial killer-style" spreadsheets I've been making on over the past few days. While your experience of RNG may vary, I am confident in the accuracy of my data.

    • Icy Talisman Legendary Soul Fragments - Each run always drops two (2) Icy Talisman Fragments. 500 fragments converts into a blue T2/3 cosmic soul, a 5* Gold Skull, and 100 Icy Talisman Mythic Soul fragments. 1,000 Mythic fragments guarantees a blue T3 along with the 5* Gold Skull.
    • Talisman Soul Fragments - These drop in stacks of 3, with a drop rate near 12.5%. Considering you need 400 of these fragments, you should get one (1) complete soul every 1,200 runs.
    • 3* Evolution Shards - The reward image only shows the colourless variety, but all six varieties drop here. Every run ALWAYS drops two (2) of these evo shards, and they can be of any colour combination. Each shard has a roughly 90% equal chance to be Red, Green, or Purple, and a 10% chance to be Blue, Yellow, or Colourless. This is an excellent way for newer players to obtain these materials.
    • Cosmic Evo Runes 1* & 2* T1/2/3 - All six types of cosmic evo runes drop here. Each run has a 75% chance to drop a pair of two (2) evo runes. The 1* T1 evo runes, previously a massive event-reward-only roadblock to newer players being able to evolve their cosmic talismans, are the most common, and you will see them in 25% of runs. Chances of the other five varieties decrease as their Tier and Star-ratings increase, as expected.
    • Rare Souls - A rare soul dropped in 15% of my runs.
    • Skill Shards - Another resource new players struggle with, they drop here in nearly 5% of runs.
    • Frontier Coins - These coins drop in multiples, and can be a little less consistent than other drops, but you can expect a long-term average of around 1.3 FC per run. Considering how many new characters and dungeon keys require these Coins, having more ways to earn them is both welcome and necessary.
    • Gold - Nothing too special here, around 7,000 gold each run. Including the 1M from the Icy Talisman's Gold Skull every 250 runs would bring the average up to 11,000.
    • Sands of War - Sands of War drop in multiples, usually either 3 or 6. Over time, this averages out to 2 SoW per run.
    • Sands of Time - Sands of Time also drop in multiples, both as a regular mission reward and an extra reward from the Treasure Chest. Extra drops of 3, 6, and even 12 aren't uncommon. Despite this variation, the return over time is surprisingly consistent, with at least 4 SoT being returned on average. This effectively reduced the dungeon's Sands of Time cost from 10 down to 6.
    • Ironite - To afford all these runs, you'll need to spend ironite on SoT refills. Thankfully ironite can be found here too. While it drops in multiples, a long-term average of 0.8 per run can be observed. This wont cover your refils, but it provides an excellent return on your investment if you were looking to spend a bit of money to farm up some 3* evo shards of cosmic evo runes.
    • Experience - Roughly 2,500xp per run. Nothing special, but a decent way to level up characters while farming for the other materials.

    Pretty clear these dungeon rewards are designed to support newer and intermediate players who are still powering up their teams. It's a welcome catch-up mechanic, while end-game players may wish to ignore this dungeon once they complete the achievements, and focus on higher-level content.


    THE ACHIEVEMENTS - What to wear?
    There are five new achievements relating to the Frozen Wasteland. They all involve having a character wearing a set of talismans beat the dungeon 500 times. There is one for each colour, and most of them drop from the Talisman Skull Quests stages. Venom is event-only, the odd one out. They do not need to be on active characters, you can have them on a back-seat Eddie and they will still count towards the achievements. Putting two sets on a character doesn't work, but two characters with a set each will count twice.


    All five acheivement rewards are the same: 25 Ironite, 75 Talisman Soul Fragments, and 2 Skill Shards.


    THE ENEMIES - Who are we fighting here?
    As befitting a HARD dungeon designed with newer players in mind, the enemies here are not overly difficult. They are all 4*, and either level 75 or 80. They might not have much HP, but they can hit surprisingly hard if you're not careful. They don't have any special talismans, and all have the same additional stat boosts, as shown below. The Frozen Wasteland has five waves, ending in a boss fight. However, despite Beelzebub being used in the official images for this dungeon, he is not the boss. That honour goes to the second blue bat.
    Name:  FWEnemyComp.png
Views: 544
Size:  130.3 KB

    Name:  FWWavesSmaller.png
Views: 461
Size:  311.4 KB


    Potential Pitfalls
    With a proper team, this dungeon shouldn't be a problem. However, if you're using the dungeon to level characters, you may be relying on only one or two strong characters, and could run into the occasional mishap, or have your runs slowed down unnecessarily. These are the two waves you'll need to handle for the smoothest farming experience.

    Wave 2 - This is where my only two defeats (in hundreds of runs) have come from. The Purple Dog's power attack can give the whole team Endure, so you'll want to beat their team on the first turn. The Green Dog has the Block passive, making it slightly harder to one-shot the whole team. Either Passive Disable, or use a strong multi-hit attack to get past the Block. Both Purple and Red Hound have passive Immunity.
    Name:  FWDogs.png
Views: 541
Size:  252.6 KB

    Wave 5 - This is the boss wave, and the two Green Bats have the Block passive. Same as last time, use Passive Disable or a strong multi-hit attack to break through. If left alive the Green Bats can grant themselves Invincibility, which will slow down your runs. While Beelzebub can give himself Vanish, which could slow down single-target auto-runs, the actual boss of the fight is the second blue bat. Killing the bat, once you've dealt with the Blocking green bats, will end the fight.
    Name:  FWBats.png
Views: 546
Size:  299.3 KB



    TEAM SUGGESTIONS- Who should you take?

    Remember the enemies deal more damage than you might expect, so unless you can kill everything in one turn, be sure your Eddie can take a couple of hits in return. Once you're certain you can survive, you'll want to kill things as quickly as possible, to get the most out of the unlimited runs. An aoe multi-hitter will see you through, or two strong aoe attackers. A way to deal with Immunity, and at the worst, Endure, could be helpful.

    This is what other people have been saying:
    Player Team Suggestion
    Ip4 I am using DOOMSDAY EDDIE and LILITH MOONLIGHT [ed: Max Awakened version] and always win with 30 seconds.
    Yup Guy Fawkes Ed will beat it by himself as well. Takes around 40 seconds because of that dog with Endure in the second battle, but that's the only slow spot.
    Celobeast You can try dragonscale talismans, since they cause extra damage after the main damage. Navigator + Killer Prime 18-22 sec.
    Blade685 My best is always 17 sec too with Navigator.
    Muzzleloader I also got 17 seconds with a lone Navigator. Chance, blight [ed: Blight prevent your character from wasting time with power and fury moves] and attack cosmic.
    scott-5496 17 seconds is also my fastest - that was W LOL [ed: His basic attack hits all enemies once awakend the first time] and Magma... between 17-26 seconds is fine!
    Me-Azagthor I'm using Flight of Icarus Eddie with Lanterns & Warlords, along with W LOL wearing Orbits. Lanterns let FoI's basic hit multiple times with a chance to heal and trigger Warlord's extra turn. Everything usually dies in the first turn, and the Orbits help remove Endure and Immunity if needed.
    Bakura Final Frontier Eddie can solo the dungeon. 20 seconds with NotB Eddie and Killer Prime.



    GOOD LUCK- Have Fun
    What team have you been using? How fast are your runs? Have you found any good Icy Talismans yet?
    Last edited by Azagthor; 12-11-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    232
    Reserving this post for potential future updates.

    UPDATES:
    24/11/19Enemy wave image has been updates to show the correct enemy order.
    11/12/19 - Added Quick Reference image at the top of the guide. Should allow people to easily know which colour evolution shards drops more often.

    KNOWN ISSUES:
    Enemy wave image needs to be updated to include relevant strategic advice.
    The key duration may have been severely reduced. Will update once confirmed.
    Last edited by Azagthor; 12-11-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    232
    Reserving this post for potential future upgrades.
    Azagthor-0732

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    31
    Weird thing is that for me the boss is the second blue bat and not Beelzebub 🤔

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCatzo View Post
    Weird thing is that for me the boss is the second blue bat and not Beelzebub ��
    Thanks for pointing this out. I had swapped those around when putting the images together, as I'd thought the game has incorrectly mislabelled the boss. Have just gone back and tested it with single target attackers, and killing that second blue bat ends the fight. That is a very strange decision having the bat as the boss, but he is the boss, so I'll go change that image.

    Update: Image fixed, including the enemy order in Waves 1&3.
    Last edited by Azagthor; 11-23-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Azagthor-0732

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Texas, U.S.A.
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    806
    Nice job! Very informative.

    Best thing is I don't have to now... thanks.

    I did get screenshots and info, but have been grinding this cool dungeon 8 hours at a time everyday, that it's hard to do much else.

    I actually have images for many other dungeons ready to document, but wasn't sure if I should cuz of the way the game has been, and my care factor has dropped.

    You have inspired me as well.
    Keep up the good work!

    I am sure many new people months from now will continue to find this valuable.

    My best time is 0:20
    Name:  Screenshot_20191120-164349.png
Views: 414
Size:  327.2 KB

    Also, a lone Eddie works!
    Name:  Screenshot_20191119-083938.png
Views: 412
Size:  233.1 KB
    Bakura-0090

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    Best thing is I don't have to now... thanks.
    I did get screenshots and info, but have been grinding this cool dungeon 8 hours at a time everyday, that it's hard to do much else.
    I actually have images for many other dungeons ready to document, but wasn't sure if I should cuz of the way the game has been, and my care factor has dropped.
    Hahah, glad I've saved you the bother. I probably should have asked you first, made sure you weren't already half through making one. I thought Frozen Wasteland would be a good one for me to start with, as the dungeon is so much easier than the others, there wouldn't be much demand for a guide. A low-stakes opportunity to try learning something new. I now understand just how much work it is to put these together!

    I had a lot of fun editing the images for this, and playing around with BB Code formatting. Going to spend a bit of time this afternoon coming up with a template I can use to easily make more of those Wave Guides in the future.

    Which dungeons were you thinking of doing next? I wouldn't mind working on another of the easier dungeons, and would be more than happy if you wanted to collaborate in the future. Or at least make sure we're not both working on the same ones at the same time
    Azagthor-0732

  8. #8
    Senior Member GrimDusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    461
    This is honestly the best dungeon to farm overnight. 8 hours, unlimited plays, good resources, and easy achievements. True, it's not great for awakening characters as much as the other dungeons are, but this works for me.

  9. #9
    Member Brickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    35
    Azagthor, this is an awesome guide. Looking forward to more of this quality stuff in the future! Thank you!
    Brickster-6355

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    82
    Great job, Azagthor, really really great. Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •