Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    As a fan of the game, it pains me to say this, but the game is completely unplayable at this time. There needs to be a full stop until the server issue is addressed.
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

OS
    Android
    Well, there are some parts of the graphics that appease me a lot (please, please - don't tell me this is also only a bug ( )):
    Name:  2019-11-23 11.08.55.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  944.0 KB

I agree that there should be no more new content (and definitely not in such large volumes and so fast) as we keep seeing every other day.

On the other hand, I even tried to think of the matter from the devs point of view, although I am no coder. Just in a vain attempt to see the problem from the other side, too.

But what really got under my skin was the admins' post just few weeks ago, saying something like "We know that it is bugged and you cannot play. So instead, give us your artwork so we can continue to have fun all together"

This was such a nonsence, copy-pasted from book 1984 - forget what is was like just yesterday (not even think what we would it like to be), enjoy the new current "state of the art". Because tomorrow - tomorrow it will be worse again and we will celebrate it anew as a fresh start and the new state of the art piece of work.

NOTHING in my whole life was a greater kick in my balls telling me we don't give a s....t about you.

And to top that, admins on these forum keep radio silence and refuse to take whatever lending hand is offered to them. Or just to simply communicate.

I am a paying player (there is no other way, anyway), so don't disregard this as a rant of cheap player. Although there is no doubt that I spent on it way less than most of you here, but on the other hand, I spent more on this game than on my complete IM collection and stuff, or on any other game in my whole life (39). So I think that we, paying customers, should be treated in a far more honourable way, than the devs and admins do.

But don't worry about the problems, send some more of your beautiful art works of Iron Maiden, because we don't want to see the ugly truth (that we need a rescue plan), we only want to see a shiny bright pink future and nice things.
    Last edited by Segoy; 11-24-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Segoy-3652

Proud member of Order of Eld clan.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Segoy View Post
    On the other hand, I even tried to think of the matter from the devs point of view, although I am no coder. Just in a vain attempt to see the problem from the other side, too.

But what really got under my skin was the admins' post just few weeks ago, saying something like "We know that it is bugged and you cannot play. So instead, give us your artwork so we can continue to have fun all together"

This was such a nonsence, copy-pasted from book 1984 - forget what is was like just yesterday (not even think what we would it like to be), enjoy the new current "state of the art". Because tomorrow - tomorrow it will be worse again and we will celebrate it anew as a fresh start and the new state of the art piece of work.

NOTHING in my whole life was a greater kick in my balls telling me we don't give a s....t about you.

And to top that, admins on these forum keep radio silence and refuse to take whatever lending hand is offered to them. Or just to simply communicate.

But don't worry about the problems, send some more of your beautiful art works of Iron Maiden, because we don't want to see the ugly truth (that we need a rescue plan), we only want to see a shiny bright pink future and nice things.
    As a fellow dev I think I can make some reasonable guesses at what's happening here.

The artwork thread actually started out as a light-hearted thread that wasn't shitting on the devs/game. The admins saw that and wanted to draw attention to it and hopefully bring up the mood. Unfortunately all that did was bring down the mood in that thread since we don't hear anything on the critical issue threads.

I do know if someone started acting this way towards my work I would get very offended and mad. If they are too, then hopefully they are purposefully not talking so as to compose a non-emotional response.

But please do not take this as defending the frogs. My first act on the state of the game would have been to halt or at least slow development of new content. Not this weekend but weeks ago when it became impossible to play for more than 10 mins at a time. Shiny new things don't mean shit if you can't see them. They really should be thankful that we are mad but still playing. I am just curious how many new players we are actually keeping when they haven't had the weeks, months, or years of smooth gameplay that the rest of us have.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 11-24-2019 at 09:52 PM. Reason: missed word
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    As a fellow dev I think I can make some reasonable guesses at what's happening here.
    Hi MuzakMaker

Thanks for your opinion. I know the truth is somewhere in the middle and I would gladly get to it - by constructive communication with devs on any topic, even, as I said, trying to see things from their side. If only they'd let us and communicate.

Not being a coder I haven't dared to say a thing about quality of program itself. I have no idea how difficult that might be or what HW is necessary to run it for thousands of players. But I know a bit about communication.

I am a nuclear lawyer and in our industry the safety comes first, hand in hand with honest communication with the public. We saw what happens if these two core values are not adhered to. Based on this experience I would expect honest communication and sincere aim to make things right, when there is a problem. There's no more toxic (legal) issue than nuclear, so talking about game development and wins and losses of this process can't be more difficult.

I don't condone anyone, but expressing my opinion (although one-sided, for sure, as there are no means to get to know the other side and its opinion), based on actions I see and consider wrong.
    Last edited by Segoy; 11-24-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Segoy-3652

Proud member of Order of Eld clan.

OS
    iOS
    I would point out that I started this thread out of frustration... a new event is launched and the app is completely unplayable due to server issues. I missed out on #1 in PvP last week ONLY due to these same server issues.

It's fairly long-standing knowledge in my perception that you update web-based content on Monday or Tuesday morning -- why? Because that way you have the work week to sort out bugs. These devs continually update things on a Friday.. this last update occurred on a Thursday. Better but still not good..... It's poor practice and does nothing but serve user frustration because the initial 3-4 days after an update is ALWAYS full of problems with a quick 3-4 "hot fixes" released over the next few business days.. but rarely on weekends. I've been "playing" this app for over a year and the devs have REPEATEDLY used the same poor procedures. They don't seem to learn from their mistakes or they choose to COMPLETELY ignore the user base rather than adjusting procedures. I'm sick to death of reading "we've corrected many of the server issues" only to be faced with them again.... There is clearly some incompetence somewhere - either in an employee or in a server farm they are using. Pointing that out is NOT meant to be an insult to anyone... but devs should be aware that users "see" this incompetence. If my work sucks it will never improve unless someone tells me it sucks.. and why.

While the title and first post here are admittedly snide (clearly). I was not, in any way, trying to insult or defame the actual artwork within the app. The artwork has always been great for the most part. It is the server issues that are, and always will be, the #1 factor in anyone's opinion of this app. All the best artwork in the world means diddly if you are continually forced to quit the app due to a hang, or can't even get in to see the artwork. It's like building the fastest, most beautiful car in the world, but the tires continually go flat.... a problem in the wrong area continually WILL and DOES alter the perception of users.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-24-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    As Yup stated the major concern has been connectivity issues the last few months. There are always bugs and misunderstandings which can be worked out, if not frustrating at times

I cant understand why you had to release the arena event when it was pointed out the PvP part of the game was almost unplayable before the launch. Is strictly adhering to a schedule that important over players concerns?
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

It's fairly long-standing knowledge in my perception that you update web-based content on Monday or Tuesday morning -- why? Because that way you have the work week to sort out bugs. These devs continually update things on a Friday.. this last update occurred on a Thursday. Better but still not good..... It's poor practice and does nothing but serve user frustration because the initial 3-4 days after an update is ALWAYS full of problems with a quick 3-4 "hot fixes" released over the next few business days.. but rarely on weekends.
    In my years as a developer I've followed 4 different schedules and I'll rank them as best to worst for the user and then again as best to worst for the developer and I'll let you guys draw your own conclusions as I already know which ones I prefer. At least in my app we have it set for code to be live but not used until a certain date. This allows us to take some time and fix underlying issues (like servers) while still pumping out our "events". I can't claim to know their set up, staffing, or culture so maybe none of these work for them. However I can claim that the current way of things is not working for us as the user base.

1. Monday & Thursday(reserved for minor changes such as QOL fixes and bug fixes from Monday)
    2. Monday Only (people are in the office for 4 days after it goes live)
    3. Wednesday Only (staff is only available for 2 days after)
    4. Every night (Constantly changing production environment leads to stability issues)

1. Every Night (stuff can move up when it's ready and not backlog fixes)
    2. Monday & Thursday (Next most times to move up stuff)
    3. Monday (gives you the work week for fixes)
    4. Wednesday
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Muzak. That all makes sense here.

I do feel given the trouble updates to this app provide, using #3 for "major" monthly updates makes the most sense. If updates weren't notoriously problem-riddled, then I could see more Thursday updates.. but history kind of shows it's not working for Navigator and this app.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I am an IT professional in the healthcare industry. My applications CANNOT fail. So admittedly I have a pretty extreme view on this. But this is something that my colleagues and I universally adhere to:

NEVER change ANYTHING on a Friday.

If you are so foolhardy as to commit a change, expecting, "hey, it will probably go just fine," then you are either #1 dangerously inexperienced, or #2 someone who just doesn't give a fuck.

I believe the MANAGEMENT TEAM over the developers of this game are of type #2. They just don't care. Not about the quality of the game, and ESPECIALLY not about the players.

OS
    iOS
    It’s making this game feel like one of those terrible movie tie-in games except there’s Micro-transactions everywhere