Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    For some users, the issue was caused by repeatedly pressing the button while waiting for their page to refresh (during moments of server instability). For others, it was caused by a short sequence of repeated requests from the device to refresh the page before the server had been able to register the change.
    Thanks for the long reply! The first one there is the more well known of the issues right? Has seen a few people say not to hit the refresh button again if the first time failed.

That second one sounds like it happens regardless of what buttons we press? Like we press the Refresh button, but due to instability, the message gets resent a few times as it tries to connect? I'm wondering if that was how I managed to lose over 200 ironite. I knew not to press the refresh button twice, so I left the connection trouble pop-up open for a while, and hit the OK button every minute or two. Have since stopped that, and force quit the app the moment that pop-up happens, and have luckily avoided losing any more.

Glad you're aware of this, and hope you're able to come up with some solutions. Without knowing how your code works, don't now how useful this suggestion is, but would changing the stage of the process where ironite is charged be a potential fix? Have the ironite cost occur at the final stage, when everything else has been confirmed to have worked? Could potentially mean connection errors allow refreshes to happen without charging, but at 'only' 10 ironite, you wouldn't be losing out on too much. Certainly not compared with the bad will us players feel when already frustrating connection errors come with an additional cost.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    I can add some context to this issue.

So far in my investigations, the cause of these mysterious Ironite losses has been unanimously due to the "Refresh" button in Arena when viewing your attack list. For some users, the issue was caused by repeatedly pressing the button while waiting for their page to refresh (during moments of server instability). For others, it was caused by a short sequence of repeated requests from the device to refresh the page before the server had been able to register the change. Once again, this only occurred during moments of high instability.

As a result, a sequence of multiple refreshes can occur (usually within 15 seconds of each other). If you try refreshing your Arena page and notice that it doesn't update within a few seconds, try force closing the app and restarting to see if it had gone through successfully before it tries to refresh again.

More importantly, we had released a small update this past Saturday that may have fixed this issue, but we have not force-upgraded everyone to avoid additional interruptions over the weekend. If you have not already checked your respective app stores, please do so now to ensure you are running on the most up to date version of the game.

If these excess refresh purchases are happening despite our fix, please send in a support ticket describing your experience so that we can assist you while we wait for a better solution to be developed.

Thank you for your support and patience everyone. It's been a wild few weeks but we won't run out of steam so easily! We're paying close attention to all your feedback and know how much work is ahead of us. Back into the wild I go!

Word from the wise don't use phrases like "Unanimously" especially when there are posts all over the place showing that it's happening elsewhere.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    They issued an update that may have fixed the refresh problem. That doesnt sound to positive. This problem has been around for over a year, just more prelavent the last week with the connectivity activity problems. It doesnt seem to be a priority to stop unwanted use of ironite.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    Glad you're aware of this, and hope you're able to come up with some solutions. Without knowing how your code works, don't now how useful this suggestion is, but would changing the stage of the process where ironite is charged be a potential fix? Have the ironite cost occur at the final stage, when everything else has been confirmed to have worked? Could potentially mean connection errors allow refreshes to happen without charging, but at 'only' 10 ironite, you wouldn't be losing out on too much. Certainly not compared with the bad will us players feel when already frustrating connection errors come with an additional cost.
    While I am by no means an engineer, I can definitely ensure that these points are shared with them if they have not already been considered. I'm glad you've found a way to help prevent these losses for the time being, but please do write in if you have unresolved Ironite losses. It's important for us to not allow for such frustrating losses to occur without recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Word from the wise don't use phrases like "Unanimously" especially when there are posts all over the place showing that it's happening elsewhere.
    Every single case I've looked at in regards to mysteriously disappearing Ironite in the past month or so has been a result of this particular issue, regardless of the assumption of the player. Some might say it's reason X, Y or Z that's taking their Ironite, but when I comb through their account history, the culprit has always been the same. That said, since the losses vary based on how long you sit to wait for a refresh, it can be easy to let small losses go unnoticed for a period of time before having to wonder what happened.

Keep in mind this is unrelated to perceived losses due to caching errors and devices that are trying to catch up with true information as well as clearly defined resource losses due to disconnecting while in a battle.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    I´ve updated to 6.01 (maybe I lost one zero along the way:P) and until now pvp screen seems to be safe... well as safe as you can be in pvp xD No rly, until now not ironite lost, thks for the advice!
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    While I am by no means an engineer, I can definitely ensure that these points are shared with them if they have not already been considered. I'm glad you've found a way to help prevent these losses for the time being, but please do write in if you have unresolved Ironite losses. It's important for us to not allow for such frustrating losses to occur without recourse.

Every single case I've looked at in regards to mysteriously disappearing Ironite in the past month or so has been a result of this particular issue, regardless of the assumption of the player. Some might say it's reason X, Y or Z that's taking their Ironite, but when I comb through their account history, the culprit has always been the same. That said, since the losses vary based on how long you sit to wait for a refresh, it can be easy to let small losses go unnoticed for a period of time before having to wonder what happened.

Keep in mind this is unrelated to perceived losses due to caching errors and devices that are trying to catch up with true information as well as clearly defined resource losses due to disconnecting while in a battle.
    Then I guess I'll go ahead and submit a ticket because I have lost ironite without even opening arena in that session and I know I'm not alone. Submitting tickets has been an exercise in futility so I wouldn't be surprised if all the ones you've looked at have only been the arena as that's the most common and you have users who either don't submit (futility) or don't even know submitting is an option as it is advertised no where in the app as an option.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Cool, thanks Durandal. These various problems are frustrating for us, but I know they must be equally frustrating for all of you too. The more I learn about coding and game development, the more it all sounds like arcane magic, impressive that anything ever actually works! I'm sure you're doing your best with what must be a surprisingly difficult problem. All the best with working it out

I sent through a support ticket in the app the other day when I noticed the missing ironite. No rush, help the people with more pressing problems first.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Sorry for my English.

Problem continues.
    In arena screen, press free refresh, error, error and -10 Ironite. Didn't touch refresh button.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigo View Post
    Sorry for my English.

Problem continues.
    In arena screen, press free refresh, error, error and -10 Ironite. Didn't touch refresh button.
    Have you checked the Google App store and downloaded the last version? They put another one almost with no notice. I updated that and solved the situation until now.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"