Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soldier Lord of light help

I'm really struggling with level 8, 9 and 10 Lord of light. Somehow last time i was able to clear them with trooper help but tonight I've given up after 5 revives on 9 and 10 each. Can't beat the guy when he's popping 2 turn immunity and invincibility every 3 turns. Was using level 100 troopers and mid 80s 5 star magus allies

OS
    iOS
    My team if the nomad, alliance general, magus soldier (lvl 60 no talismans...) and soldier (BAD IDEA DOMT USE SOLDIER FOR THIS) just won 10 for the first time, used 3 revives, i wouldve used a maxed out holy smoke for his amazing reduce heal, stuns and op dmg, but none of my troopers had him. Basically it works like this, general attacks and maybe steals fury which delays the lord's fury for 1 turn, i use either roullete or war-torn depending on hp, and in the end i use the nomad to vanish everyone, and with the remaining 4 energy i would reflect all with the magus soldier.

I wouldve used holy smoke cuz wrathchild not only does amazing dmg, it also reduces healing (essential), cuz with the maxed out soldier i only one when i got lucky and he didnt heal for 2 turns and general stole his fury 3 times.

Is not easy
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    The tbred things that need dealing with are the Sons reviving themselves, the boss stealing buffs to heal and the boss going immune. My usual team for this is Soldier Eddie on the first two waves changing to Pharaoh on the boss, possessed rockets for the blocks beneficial effects debuff, allied soldier for big hits all damage and red CotD to clear up any revived mobs the AOE didn't get. I try avoid buffing on the boss wave (so no Fury ability and lots of swearing when Allied Soldier profs a buff).

Another approach is to use something to reduce fury to counter immunity and block healing so the buff stealing isn't a killer. Regular Eddie blocks healing for two turns with his Fury ability for example. I haven't tried using green allied soldier to dispel Immunity as I think the loss of damage would be crippling.

OS
    Android
    my angel of fear helped me here a lot. i could smash the first two waves (due to his extra turn) without taking damage and without filling up too much fury of the enemy team.
    so i had effectively two rounds instead of one to kill all enemies. Now we are alone with the lord of light:

block his heal with the standard eddies fury and beat the shit out of him. you have got two rounds before his fury fills up and he becomes invincible.

you can also have a speed of light eddie in petto to block the beneficial effects, so he cannot get invincible.

there are countless strategies but you need to have the right composition of characters also. imo this is the hardest dungeon.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba-8301 View Post
    and lots of swearing when Allied Soldier profs a buff).

LOL been there, got T-shirt.

Crossing my fingers every time he fires.

OS
    Android
    The boss heals himself using his power move (damage + 50% steal buffs and heal 10% of max hits per buff stolen).
    You have 3 way teal this: no buffs, no power (his power of course) or no chances (soldier's Eddie acrid smoke reduces the percentages of buff stolen from 50 to 15 percent).

OS
    Android
    I use wickerdog king to steal the boss immunity. Works great

OS
    Android
    Combining Assassin golden son and Speed of light Eddie makes soldier dungeon walk in the park. Both are quite common chars and their level doesn't matter. Golden son Immortality should be up all the time. And combining Speed of Light Eddie Compile and Error 404 makes boss a very sad little man. Compile blocks beneficial effects. But whats makes it very nasty is "Error 404" witch extends Negative Effects for 3 turns. It means boss cant use any of his buffs. And using Immortality guarantees you have 1 hp all the time. So he can't steal you hp because you don't have any. For 2 other char pick whatever heavy hitters you like. Don't use any skills giving buffs to your team because boss will steal it. Only critcal time is 2 first turns in final round. If boss steals you Golden Sons Immortality and other enemies are able to attack, then you are outta luck.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 09-11-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

Personally I use a mix of "extra turn" chars... Ángel Of fear, Warrior COTD, and the Tailgunner, Plus the Nomad..
    Doing the right moves, the another team never has a turn... (this works in any Dungeon...)

OS
    Android
    Speed of Light Eddie at Level 80 with some HP boosting talismans(so he can survive) made this fight a joke. Blocking his ability to get Invincibility/ Immunity, then extending it with Error 404 prevents him from benefiting from the buffs he steals from you. Thanks, Olevipoeg!