Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    Souls have # locked in them... If a new character is added which causes numbers to change.... then it is possible to pull a new character from an existing soul. However, the odds of that happening are very slim. The character numbers don't change that much. If they add an assassin character.. it may add 1 to the assassin table.. that 1 may cause a shift in souls... say the new character is at position #3 in the table. If a soul is already assigned #3, it'll open #3. So, If that #3 is the new assassin character.. there ya go... It's rare, but can happen - you could also win the lotto... so.. yeah.... 99.9% of the time you won't get new characters from OLD souls.. you have much better chances of getting new characters from NEW souls.

Everyone that got, for example, the werewolves before the event started did that with new souls .. not old souls.

It's always better to horde frags than it is to hoard souls.

As for the crashes and seeing the same souls.. the souls don't change their assigned number once they are generated.. so if the app crashes.. you still have the souls with the exact same #s assigned to them - thus the same characters. If you think about it, it makes sense in terms of preventing exploits. If the souls were a different # each time they were dropped into the BOS.. you could drop.. not like the characters, force quit the app, relaunch and drop again until you got characters you wanted.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-11-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Souls have # locked in them... If a new character is added which causes numbers to change.... then it is possible to pull a new character from an existing soul. However, the odds of that happening are very slim. The character numbers don't change that much. If they add an assassin character.. it may add 1 to the assassin table.. that 1 may cause a shift in souls... say the new character is at position #3 in the table. If a soul is already assigned #3, it'll open #3. So, If that #3 is the new assassin character.. there ya go... It's rare, but can happen - you could also win the lotto... so.. yeah.... 99.9% of the time you won't get new characters from OLD souls.. you have much better chances of getting new characters from NEW souls.

Everyone that got, for example, the werewolves before the event started did that with new souls .. not old souls.

It's always better to horde frags than it is to hoard souls.
    Thanks for the explanation! Since learning there are events for pretty much everything, I've been holding off on using souls/currency/etc, including converting my fragments into souls. While I've not heard of any frag -> soul events, it seems like I've been making the right decision accidentally
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    They haven't really had any frag -> soul events...

...in the past I've gotten a new Eddie merely by converting my class-specific Mythical frags into souls and dropping them. And same for the others. That's how I got 3 of the 5 werewolves before the event officially started. Just make certain the new character is part of the souls.. they aren't always.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    They haven't really had any frag -> soul events...

...in the past I've gotten a new Eddie merely by converting my class-specific Mythical frags into souls and dropping them. And same for the others. That's how I got 3 of the 5 werewolves before the event officially started. Just make certain the new character is part of the souls.. they aren't always.
    Hmmm... interesting point... let's see if I can use it. I always change my frags into souls when I have enough frags to form one or two souls