Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Allied Bomber Boy (Sentinel)

Accurate as of PVP Update

Considering this guy's a Top Prize according to the Sentinel Rare Soul in the Trooper store, I thought I'd see more on him.

I pulled him a week or two ago and he's quite decent. Here are his skills:

Bomb
    Deals AoE magic damage, 45% chance to inflict up to 2 Magic Burns. Skill Shard use increases the burn chance to 70%
    Damage increases based on DEF and HP

Fortune (5 PWR)
    Heals all allies for 25% of Current HP, with 45% chance to Raise Accuracy. Skill Shard use increases the Accuracy chance to 50%

Flex (Passive)
    Raises DEF & MR of your team for 1 turn at the start of the battle.

He's got 3 colorless and 3 green Talisman slots. He drops as a 4* character

He's quite nice, especially since some of the post-October updates streamlined him and the Gunner and buffed them. His biggest downfall IMO is that his heal is based on his Current HP, so he won't heal much if he's in the red. In that regard, he pairs up well with a Blocker (Desert Guardian, Dog of War, Angel of Strife), or a taunter. Damage is pretty decent too for a Sentinel.

For Talismans, there are a few options for the Bomber. Either:

- 3 Green and 3 blue (Power). A Freeze set gives you decent damage and great support in stuns and extra burniness. A Paladin set and a random blue is better for damage. As with the above section, go for 3 Health for better heals, or 3 Energy (or Blind) for support.
    - All green. Pile on 6 Health (either Mystical or Ward), or replace 3 with an Energy or Blind (Mystical or Ward) set for extra support. You could also try an Ascension set (strictly better than a Stone set because the Bomber Boy's MAGIC stat scales more than his DEF stat). This is nice if you want him to be an especiall powerful healer.

An interesting damage-focused loadout would be 2 Power Paladin Talismans, and either 4 Health or Ascension Ward Talismans.

I've done a test on Talisman subtypes and the damage they Bomber Boy produces, and I found out that Ward Talismans outdamage the Mystical and Overwhelming Talismans. Of course, Mystical Talismans are a good option if you want extra DEF to protect against Warrior characters. Furthermore, blue Power Talismans provide more offense than Ward or Mystical green Talismans, despite Bomb's HP and DEF scaling

My own Bomber Boy uses a Freeze Power and an Energy Ward set.

I think this guy would synergize great with Wicker Man Eddie. Bomber Boy burns everyone so that Wicker Ed can consume the burns, and he helps keep him alive. Anyone with the Strike skill (the basic attack for Run To The Hills Ed and the Assassin Eddies) can also profit off the Accuracy boost. People with Stuns like Mummy Eddie and Corrupt General are also fine partners.

There's also a Gunner variant who drops as a 3*. His skills:

Bomb
    Deals AoE magic damage, 45% chance to inflict up to 2 Magic Burns. Skill Shard use increases the burn chance to 70%
    Damage increases based on DEF and MAX HP

Decay (4PWR)
    Deals AoE magic damage that increases based on your DEF with a 50% chance to lower ATK. The attack also inflicts additional true damage for every Damage over Time effect on the target. The ATK drop is increased to 2 turns with Skill Shard use.

The best Talismans for the Gunner Bomber are probably similar to the ones on the Sentinel Bomber: 3 green (Mystical or Ward) and 3 blue (Power). You might also want to use a Thief (Bulwark) set instead of a green set to have extra Fury generation instead of extra Power.
    Another interesting possibility for the Gunner Bomber would be a Holy set, a Shock set and a Health set. This would give you good damage and another damage over time effect for Decay. The subtype for the Talismans is tricky though. The Gunner Bomber has a lot more DEF than MR. While Power and Ward subtypes might give you the best offense, a few Arcane Talismans might not be a bad idea.

He has 3 colorless, and 3 blue Talisman slots (used to be 3 colorless, 2 yellow and one red)
    Last edited by Kardas; 02-28-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    you made a pretty solid analysis about this character.

but he deals magic damage, that's why i also put some ward talismans on him. the overhelming boost the attack stat, and i this is useless for him. on the other hand the overhelming got approx. 2500 more healt per talisman, in total this is+12500 health. so i wonder if it would be smart to sacrifice the magic damage to push his health...if the demage scales with max. health i think it means that the basic damage gets an x% boost if the hp is higher than usual. but the magic stat should also be important, but i'm not entirely sure about this. i would like to experiment with that, but it's too hard to upgrade talismans...any other opinion is appreciated :-)

EDIT: his heal is great imo. yes you have to take care that he doesn't get too much damage...mine has got 40k hp if he has 30k left he gives every ally 7500 hp, that's huge...if you boost his healts to the maximum (52 k) you could have a realistic heal of 10k-11k for everyone
    Last edited by slauki; 09-07-2016 at 11:30 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

I went for as much health as possible as majority of his damage comes from the true burn and that scale with your Max HP.

OS
    Android
    So I thought that both his AoE AND True burn scaled off his Max HP, so I went testing.
    My Bomber Boy is a 4* lv 80, and I played Reign of Terror on Battlefield Madness (all Talismans used are maxed 4*)
    With 5 Health (Overwhelming) Talismans, he did 902 damage to the purple and yellow Meatheads on the stage
    With 2 Health (Overwhelming) Talismans, 2 Paladin (Power) and 1 Holy (Power), he did around 1100 damage to the yellow and purple Meatheads

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I would have really preferred if everything ran off his Health.

But I suppose Kaijester's right in that the True Burn does better damage, especially if you increase that trigger chance with SKill Shards.

As a result, I've updated the Talisman recs

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    i was ignoring this guy almost for a month,even with bunch of health talisman on him,he wasn't helping much in battle..
    until yesterday, i replaced his 3 talismans with freeze talisman set.. yay!
    Last edited by MetalWarrior; 09-30-2016 at 04:28 PM.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    Android
    Ack, how could I miss that? I love it, will add it to the Talisman recs

I was actually thinking of running him on a burny team for the upcoming PVP update. Team would have:

- Wicker Man Eddie for extreme single target goodness.
    - Allied Bomber Boy for heals and Burns
    - Warrior Pyro Soldier for AoE damage, defensive buffs and more Burns (plus, he's got buffs incoming!)
    - Sentinel Soulless Demon to keep people away from squishy Ed and to keep Bomber Boy's heals up

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kardas; 10-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    I've also got a gunner type of this character,same basic skill as the sentinel unit,power ability is good too.
    wasn't using it since i received it few weeks ago,still at (3* lvl 1)
    i don't see any dedicated thread for that,so it's probably easy to have it in same thread,anyone using that character ?
    i just want to take a peek at the talisman build.

Name:  ABB-gunner.gif
Views: 851
Size:  1.52 MB
    Last edited by MetalWarrior; 10-07-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    iOS
    My brother got the sentinel bomber on day one... i personally thought he was shit (and i still do), but in early levels with a bunch of level 1 rank 1 talismans he can kick ass!

I also got mine from the legendary soul...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    My brother got the sentinel bomber on day one... i personally thought he was shit (and i still do), but in early levels with a bunch of level 1 rank 1 talismans he can kick ass!

I also got mine from the legendary soul...

try it yourself,take a magus talisman build from your any max magus character and give that to your sentinel ABB,it will become a different character.
    since i'm already convinced with sentinel one,now i'm back to my team listing,and thinking for gunner version.
    my thoughts,instead of running behind rare soul and established top class character,make the best use what I've already got.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWarrior View Post
    try it yourself,take a magus talisman build from your any max magus character and give that to your sentinel ABB,it will become a different character.
    since i'm already convinced with sentinel one,now i'm back to my team listing,and thinking for gunner version.
    my thoughts,instead of running behind rare soul and established top class character,make the best use what I've already got.
    Idk if he would fit in my team, alliance general, the nomad, soldier eddie and the angel of strife (i replace the angel with the assassin golden son depending on the LOL color), the angel of strife almost always freezes my enemies or stuns them! Hes amazing wih freeze talismans, a double set te be exact...

I dont use magic damage, i never do... i find it weak... ill try equipping this guy with double freeze thou...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!