Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Personally I run 3 Energy instead of 3 Paralysis. Really depends on what you're looking for. Blind is probably better than Paralysis in a PVE context though. If you're mostly interested in damage, run an Ascension or Health set with a Paladin set. 3 blue / 3 green seems to be accepted as the best damage-focused loadout, but 6 greens is still superior for the heal.

I don't know whether the Sentinel or Gunner is better. Sentinel's a 4* and Gunner's a 3*, which seems to point as the Sentinel being better but IDK. Sentinel is better at defensive support, while the Gunner is more offense-focused (especially in a damage over time team). Judging from their stats, it's hard to say, especially because Bomb scales off 3 different stats. Sentinel has about 1000 extra HP, and about 40 extra DEF, but the Gunner's MAGIC is higher by about 25 points. Once I bring my Gunner Bomber to lv100 I could check.
    Sentinel Bomber probably has better 1st turn damage due to his Passive's DEF buff, but Gunner at least neutral damage to all classes
    Thanks for the insight! Will definitely give your suggestions a try once I have the talis available.

OS
    Android
    Does the Sentinel ABB outperform the Sentinel Soulless Demon in terms of raw damage output?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Does the Sentinel ABB outperform the Sentinel Soulless Demon in terms of raw damage output?
    As for my experience, having both, scaling is a tad different as maxing magic/defense scale almost as much as HP on ABB, while SSD mostly scale from HP...
    As far as raw DMG output, true DMG ignore defense so in many cases SSD do relatively more damage, it's harder to buff & burns do damages over time so in absolute total ABB probably do more anyway..

**If you PvP , remember that against a void shield ABB can suicide your team real bad with his heavy magic damages..**

Both are excellent choice!
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Oh boy that's a difficult thing to tackle, considering there are so many variables out there that depend on it. Fortunately I got my Demon to lv 100 yesterday and I found the time to do some testing.
    I've given both the Demon and Bomber Boy what I imagine are their most powerful offense Talismans. The Bomber Boy had 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power, 2 Ascension Ward (haven't compared with Health Ward but MAGIC scales better than Health) and a random green Ward. The Sentinel Demon had 2 Health Ward and 4 Health Overwhelming (would have done 3 of each but I had only 2 maxed Health Wards). I tested on Blackened Pride Madness. All Talismans lv 50, characters lv 100 and no Skill Shards. Only Perfect Hits recorded.
    Results were surprising:
    Bomber Boy
    5421 vs Wolf Cultist
    6024 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
    8675 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist

Soulless Demon
    2040 vs Wolf Cultist
    2550 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
    3750 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist

I would have never expected a difference this staggering, I thought the Demon would have done better. Will definitely replace my Freeze set with a Paladin set now (especially since Freeze stinks now). The Bomber Boy's Passive may skew the data though due to DEF scaling.
    As for the Soulless Demon, I think I'll go full 6 Blinds on him now.

EDIT:
    Here is the Bomber Boy's damage without the Passive
    5194 vs Wolf Cultist
    5738 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
    8265 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist
    So about 300-400 difference in damage without that Passive. Still a world of difference compared to the Demon though.

I tested 2 Paladin Power, 1 blue Power, 2 Health Ward, 1 green Ward on the Bomber Boy again, and here are the results (Passive was active):
    5317 vs Wolf Cultist
    5908 vs Ox and Corrupt Ox Cultist
    8510 vs Owl Cultist and Corrupt Owl Cultist
    So Ascension instead of Health adds about 100 extra damage in this scenario.

EDIT2:
    Was wondering whether this difference is also on a way higher difficulty, so I tried again on Eagle's Nest Madness:
    Bomber Boy had the Paladin/Ascension loadout, and the Demon 2 Health Overwhelming, 1 green Overwhelming and 3 Blind Wards (couldn't be bothered changing him back)
    Bomber Boy
    4634 damage versus Assassin Undead Axis Gunner / Possessed Machinegun / Assassin Axis Soldier / Light Voidling (4414 without the Passive)
    3707 vs Warrior Possessed Mine

Soulless Demon
    2548 damage versus Assassin Undead Axis Gunner / Possessed Machinegun / Assassin Axis Soldier / Light Voidling
    2038 vs Warrior Possessed Mine

Yup, still way different.
    Last edited by Kardas; 02-14-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: fixed unclear bits
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Hey so I recently got this guy from a soul maybe a few days ago. Anyway I was wondering after all the updates and time has passed what would be a good setup for me to put on this guy?

Btw I run usually with SoL eddie, pharoah dog, or corrupt rescuer (assassin) as my setup so a pretty heavy magic team. I haven't invested in him yet nor do I have that many talismans maybe you guys could guide me a bit on the best setup for this dude.

Thanks again everyone!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    Hey so I recently got this guy from a soul maybe a few days ago. Anyway I was wondering after all the updates and time has passed what would be a good setup for me to put on this guy?

Btw I run usually with SoL eddie, pharoah dog, or corrupt rescuer (assassin) as my setup so a pretty heavy magic team. I haven't invested in him yet nor do I have that many talismans maybe you guys could guide me a bit on the best setup for this dude.

Thanks again everyone!
    I've done a fairly extensive write-up of his Talisman routes on the first page but I guess I can clarify a bit here.

Your first question should be: do I want to focus on damage, or party heal and survivability? If the former, go for 3 blue & 3 green. If the latter, go for 6 green.
    - For blue Talismans: As of the most recent patch, Freeze Talismans are very lackluster and proc Talismans in general are bugged. You might want to try a Shock or Penetrating set with third random blue Talisman, but I currently recommend the Paladin set most of all as of now. Make sure all your blue Talismans for this guy are of the Power subtype, as it helps defend against Warriors' physical attacks and its 3 stats (HP, DEF, MAGIC) are all used in calculating your normal move's damage
    - For green Talismans, ask yourself again: do I want to focus on damage, or support?
    -- If focusing on damage, use an Ascension set. A Health set is also interesting, as you trade a little bit of damage away for fair health bonus and as a result a slightly better heal, compared to the Ascension set. Personally though, I like him with an Energy set so he can help you with your Power moves. If you're not interesting in extra Power generation, you might want a Blind set instead. I can't really recommend Paralysis Talismans, and Blind and Energy are also bugged currently so they'll trigger a lot less than they're support to. The Ward subtype gives you maximum offense but if you're more concerned about Warriors' physical attacks, use Mystical instead.

I still need to replace my Freeze set, but once I do I'm running mine with a 3 Energy Wards, 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power
    Finally: remember that his heal scales of his CURRENT HP, so his heal weakens as he loses health

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    I've done a fairly extensive write-up of his Talisman routes on the first page but I guess I can clarify a bit here.

Your first question should be: do I want to focus on damage, or party heal and survivability? If the former, go for 3 blue & 3 green. If the latter, go for 6 green.
    - For blue Talismans: As of the most recent patch, Freeze Talismans are very lackluster and proc Talismans in general are bugged. You might want to try a Shock or Penetrating set with third random blue Talisman, but I currently recommend the Paladin set most of all as of now. Make sure all your blue Talismans for this guy are of the Power subtype, as it helps defend against Warriors' physical attacks and its 3 stats (HP, DEF, MAGIC) are all used in calculating your normal move's damage
    - For green Talismans, ask yourself again: do I want to focus on damage, or support?
    -- If focusing on damage, use an Ascension set. A Health set is also interesting, as you trade a little bit of damage away for fair health bonus and as a result a slightly better heal, compared to the Ascension set. Personally though, I like him with an Energy set so he can help you with your Power moves. If you're not interesting in extra Power generation, you might want a Blind set instead. I can't really recommend Paralysis Talismans, and Blind and Energy are also bugged currently so they'll trigger a lot less than they're support to. The Ward subtype gives you maximum offense but if you're more concerned about Warriors' physical attacks, use Mystical instead.

I still need to replace my Freeze set, but once I do I'm running mine with a 3 Energy Wards, 2 Paladin Power and a random blue Power
    Finally: remember that his heal scales of his CURRENT HP, so his heal weakens as he loses health

I see I'm probably definitely gonna go for a damage output as I have a good 2 healers on my team already. Also I'm not that sure I have the same sentinel allied bomber boy because mine has decay as my 2nd skill.. I don't have a healing skill or a passive on my allied bomber boy weird.

OS
    Android
    I see I'm probably definitely gonna go for a damage output as I have a good 2 healers on my team already. Also I'm not that sure I have the same sentinel allied bomber boy because mine has decay as my 2nd skill.. I don't have a healing skill or a passive on my allied bomber boy weird.
    is it yellow or green? :P
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    is it yellow or green? :P
    Oh lol I just realized I had the yellow one. Thought for a second sentinel was yellow :l sorry guys lol. I guess this guy is useless.

OS
    Android
    Oh lol I just realized I had the yellow one. Thought for a second sentinel was yellow :l sorry guys lol. I guess this guy is useless.
    Nah. From what I hear the Gunner Bomber's pretty good. Possibly the best 3* Gunner character there is. I don't have mine at lv100 yet so I can't compare him to the Sentinel directly, but the 3 green / 3 blue on the Sentinel should also work great on the Gunner. Just replace the Paladin Talismans with Holy ones.
    Another possible option would be 2 green / 4 blue, or even 1 green / 5 blue (or 6 blue if you don't mind being a bit fragile). Once the Talisman proc rates are fixed, 1-2 Shock sets might be a nice combo with his Decay skill.
    A gimmick option would be 3 blue / 3 Thief Bulwark. Reasonable damage and health, and the chance for Fury steal.

Kardas-1158. Retired