Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Asgardian Assault - Complete Challenges for Valhalla Talismans and Thor Eddie Fragme

Name:  Asgardian-Assault-Interstitials_1200x676_EN.jpg
Views: 3146
Size:  347.9 KB

The Asgardians have arrived!

Thor Eddie is 5⭐ Warrior who calls upon the power of the heavens to deal devastating Magic Damage. Thor Eddie joins the cast of Awakenable characters in game. This Thunder God wields his hammer and strikes down enemies with a host of negative effects.

Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden is a 5⭐ Gunner who deals random damage and can heal and cleanse her allies! Her passive ability grants all allies with Ascension and will revive each ally once when they die!

Learn more about these characters in the compendium!

From now until December 17th at 4 PM PT, complete Event Challenges to earn rewards including Fragments for Thor Eddie and Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden!

Hold on to your fragments! This is the first of many events that will feature them as these new additions are meant to be characters you work towards over a long period of time making this event the perfect opportunity to jump start your Fragment collection.

These Fragments, as well as Unique Awakening material for Thor Eddie, are also available as a new permanent addition in the Clan Store:
    • 25x Thor Eddie Soul Fragments (50 Blood Tributes, 2x per week)
    • 25x Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden Soul Fragments (50 Blood Tributes, 2x per week)
    • 1x Norse Awakening Shard (100 Blood Tributes, 2x per week)

It will take a total of 1500 Thor Eddie Fragments to claim a soul that grants a GUARANTEED Thor Eddie, and 1500 Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden Fragments to claim a soul that grants a GUARANTEED Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden.

BONUS: The Top 3 players from this week’s Arena as decided at the December 14th Arena reset will make significant progress towards this character:
    • 1st Place will receive a level 1 5⭐ Thor Eddie
    • 2nd Place will receive 750 Thor Eddie Soul Fragments
    • 3rd Place will receive 500 Thor Eddie Soul Fragments

Our support team will reach out to contact our top 3 Arena players on Monday December 16th to distribute these rewards!

Completing event challenges will also grant you a full set of Valhalla Talismans and Snowflake Fragments.

Valhalla Talismans are yellow Talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to reduce Damage by 50%. These talismans also remove Perfect Immunity, Vanish, and Invincibility from enemies at the start of battle. They will also steal Perfect Immunity, Heal Shield, and Perfect Heal Shield from all enemies every action. Finally, this set will revive all dead allies with 60% HP and grant all allies Ascension and Immortality for 2 turns when you kill an enemy.

Snowflake Fragments are the event currency of our overarching Arctic Avalanche event that is running through the holiday season.

Save your Snowflake Fragments to spend in the Snow Store on rare rewards including Frontier Coins, Catalyst Souls, Awakening Souls, the Ghost of Giving and MORE.

You can learn more about the Arctic Avalanche and Snowflake Fragments in our Arctic Avalanche post!

This event also features a number of limited time items available in the Event Store for Gold, Frontier Coins and Iron Coins! See full list of available items in-game!

We are also featuring the following deals in store:

• Valhalla Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or as an in-app purchase. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Valhalla Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an in-app purchase.
    • Get a boost of Thor Eddie or Gunnr, Valhalla Maiden Fragments! Our Limited Time offer store found in the Cosmos is offering a one-time only purchase on packs that contain character fragments, Blood Tributes, Ironite and Gold!
    Last edited by Leviathan; 12-12-2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Added Arctic Avalanche post link

OS
    iOS
    Alright, there are a few issues with this event but I understand this isn't the first event to do this. 50 frags of those new characters is a very small amount, eliminating only one week of clan purchases (though it is stated that future events will also feature fragments for these characters). Second, the option to purchase 400 frags for $30 is also kinda sleazy considering this new Eddie looks like he's quite powerful. Thirdly, events that make us use up our resources are kind of annoying, the most recent one in my memory being the Pharaoh Ramesses event.

I am enjoying the new Eddie and the increased incentive to be active in clans is nice, but these "variety events" are kinda just a roadblock in moving forward.

OS
    Android
    Do the Valhalla tali stack eg in cyborg talis 75% damage reduction or does it somehow override the cyborg tali damage protection?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpan01 View Post
    Do the Valhalla tali stack eg in cyborg talis 75% damage reduction or does it somehow override the cyborg tali damage protection?
    This was explained in a old post; characters will automatically take the highest damage reduction effect they have. For instance, if Lucifer Morningstar's passive prevents 99% of damage and he has reapers which prevent 50%, he will only have the 99% buff.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    Alright, there are a few issues with this event but I understand this isn't the first event to do this. 50 frags of those new characters is a very small amount, eliminating only one week of clan purchases (though it is stated that future events will also feature fragments for these characters). Second, the option to purchase 400 frags for $30 is also kinda sleazy considering this new Eddie looks like he's quite powerful. Thirdly, events that make us use up our resources are kind of annoying, the most recent one in my memory being the Pharaoh Ramesses event.

I am enjoying the new Eddie and the increased incentive to be active in clans is nice, but these "variety events" are kinda just a roadblock in moving forward.
    If you don't spend spend spend, how else would you be incentivized to buy buy buy?
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    If you dont spend, spend, spend then you will lose, lose, lose in the long run. That is thier incentive to make you buy, buy, buy.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I haven't made any purchases in a while.

OS
    Android
    Thirdly, events that make us use up our resources are kind of annoying, the most recent one in my memory being the Pharaoh Ramesses event.
    One of the earliest events I remember being able to properly participate in was one of these variety events. The one that gave Singularities. Had to spend the 500 ironite to complete the set, but was worth it. Anyway, that event taught me not to spend too much currency outside of that style of event!
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    I haven't made any purchases in a while.
    Not just IAP but anything in any of those store tabs. Spend all those IC you've earned in the arena and gauntlet so that you have to buy more. Spend those spare Sands of War on Talisman frags so when the next arena event comes you have to buy some ironite so you can buy some more Sands of War. These events are designed to make us spend all of our resources in the hopes we will buy more for the next event. Why do you think they literally just put out a "Currency Pack"? So we would buy it either to replenish after finishing the event or to give us a way to complete the event as we had already spent them on any of the dozens of items they keep adding to the stores.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Those currency packs were a joke.. sure 99¢ is a good price.. but is 100 ironite really worth that??? I'd think the value would be around 0.01¢ per.. not 1¢ per. According to the $99 ironite purchase for 4k ironite, that would put the value at roughly 0.4¢ for 1 ironite. So for 99¢ they should have returned ~300 ironite. Although math is NOT my strong point, it seems they are horribly inconsistent with how they value their own currencies.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-11-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..