Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arena Etiquette

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    We're not talking about me, we are talking about you. Clearly you weren't "good enough" to win the (insert prize you want here) so instead of trying harder you chose to complain about "fairness". That's all I'm saying. As far as I'm aware, no one "hacked" the game and played outside of the normal rules of the game. So it all seems fair to me.
    You don't get it do you? I wasn't even trying for Eternal. This is something That Romero's Legion and us put together. Do the math.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    What do you mean until frogs of war “claim our 2 Thors”?

Frogs of war did not have 2 players in the top 4.

How would you get a Thor before whoever “Crusader” is (I’m assuming It’s Patrick who placed 2nd place in arena) and before Patrice who was 3rd place in arena?
    Because just like everything else in this game, some things were bugged and certain people gain an advantage if they are willing to pay the cash for it.

Personally, I was able to buy the $1 ironite gamble box more than 5 times. It was the cheapest offering of ironite I've ever seen in the game, so I bought more than $5 worth. How did it happen? Why only for some people? Who knows, but as long as it's putting cash into the company's account, I bet they won't care. And if they do, feel free to give my cash back including taxes and a modest interest, and take the ironite it got from it. I'm betting that won't happen though.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by SDTull View Post
    You don't get it do you? I wasn't even trying for Eternal. This is something That Romero's Legion and us put together. Do the math.
    I know the math, I talk to the romero crew all the time. I understand their position (and yours I suppose). I'm just saying that position is 100% wrong. It's just my opinion. And maybe I'm a cynical a-hole, but if anyone thinks that this "gentlemen's agreement" means anything.... well then I have got a bridge to sell you.

OS
    iOS
    I know the math, I talk to the romero crew all the time. I understand their position (and yours I suppose). I'm just saying that position is 100% wrong. It's just my opinion. And maybe I'm a cynical a-hole, but if anyone thinks that this "gentlemen's agreement" means anything.... well then I have got a bridge to sell you.
    Posted a variant of this on Discord - but here for the forum: We tried to do something that we thought would benefit everybody's honorable play; most of us into this game got into it because we're into a band that sings about honor and righteous glory pretty constantly, whose fans are generally awesome people - I've never had a bad experience with a fan at Maiden concert - and who I'd have assumed to be cool people on the whole. Things seem different with Maiden fans on the internet.

Cleaning up the blatant cheating in Arena would have been nice. But I guess our clan will adhere to that code, as will Blood Brothers. And hopefully, some more clans will make the decision to join us.

Personally, I rather proud of having gotten the Eternals that I have, even when offers came in to boost me when one person was being a bit of a twat and spending ironite (!) just to knock me down a couple hundred points when they weren't even in the running for it. I had offers to get me back up over 8,000. I turned them down.

Personally, since my name ain't Barry Bonds, I'm not wanting asterisks next to my medals. I'd rather take a silver, or for that matter 4th or 11th place, and be happy enough with that.

Guess in the world of hiding behind screen names and posturing, the same rules don't apply to when we're all singing along to "Fear of the Dark" at a show. Or playing foosball at the pub afterwards. And that's fine. Those who want to cheat will cheat. Have fun with it.

And have fun with my constantly-changing Christmas defense team; I'm not planning on going for another eternal any time soon. Needed a distraction the last few weeks, and got one.

Cheers to those who decide they'd rather win by building better teams, coming up with interesting synergies, figuring out what works best on defense and what on offense, and likes to clear their lists.

Maybe that just proves my naïveté when it comes to online gaming; this is the only one I've played.
    Last edited by Discordian; 12-16-2019 at 06:40 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Discordian posting about honor is laughable.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    If there are folk who want to stack the deck using the mechanics of the game then this is what will happen is my view. This will never change, it is human nature that some of us always want to win, regardless of what it takes to get there. In some ways I am like this. If I face a team and get beat once in arena I want to try again, but if I get owned again then that is usually it for me unless it was really close. I will never 'drop' a match for anyone or anything except myself - like putting up a weak defence in an event - that is for me and the other people who put up a weak defence. Most of the time that works just fine.

I try not to beat weak teams unless U have a weak team and I get annoyed a bit when folk hit my weak defence with a strong attack team and have a strong defence team - but I get why that happens - they have not asked me to put a weak defence so why should they bother or care...and they are right of course.

It would be great to all be the same when it comes to general rules/etiquette etc but not everyone is the same and again if the game allows such actions then it is the game design that needs to be changes as there is always going to be folks who will do anything to win...and I guess that is their right if the game allows it to happen...and this one does.

I think the whole 'play fair' is a great idea but if there is one (or two or however many) dissenter(s) then it can't work...so this won't work as there is always someone out there, be it one or many who always have to win or at least try what they can to win. never mind those that just like a bit of chaos and a 'get it right up yae' (Scottish banter) vibe going on...we as humans will never change.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Because just like everything else in this game, some things were bugged and certain people gain an advantage if they are willing to pay the cash for it.

Personally, I was able to buy the $1 ironite gamble box more than 5 times. It was the cheapest offering of ironite I've ever seen in the game, so I bought more than $5 worth. How did it happen? Why only for some people? Who knows, but as long as it's putting cash into the company's account, I bet they won't care. And if they do, feel free to give my cash back including taxes and a modest interest, and take the ironite it got from it. I'm betting that won't happen though.
    Pretty much yeah it happens with a lot of purchases like the black friday tali packs ect it just happened i was able to buy 2 thor packs i still paid the same price for both of em so i dont see the problemm

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Discordian posting about honor is laughable.

Ahh there we go the sarcastic wanker who picks fights without a reason

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Posted a variant of this on Discord - but here for the forum: We tried to do something that we thought would benefit everybody's honorable play; most of us into this game got into it because we're into a band that sings about honor and righteous glory pretty constantly, whose fans are generally awesome people - I've never had a bad experience with a fan at Maiden concert - and who I'd have assumed to be cool people on the whole. Things seem different with Maiden fans on the internet.

Cleaning up the blatant cheating in Arena would have been nice. But I guess our clan will adhere to that code, as will Blood Brothers. And hopefully, some more clans will make the decision to join us.

Personally, I rather proud of having gotten the Eternals that I have, even when offers came in to boost me when one person was being a bit of a twat and spending ironite (!) just to knock me down a couple hundred points when they weren't even in the running for it. I had offers to get me back up over 8,000. I turned them down.

Personally, since my name ain't Barry Bonds, I'm not wanting asterisks next to my medals. I'd rather take a silver, or for that matter 4th or 11th place, and be happy enough with that.

Guess in the world of hiding behind screen names and posturing, the same rules don't apply to when we're all singing along to "Fear of the Dark" at a show. Or playing foosball at the pub afterwards. And that's fine. Those who want to cheat will cheat. Have fun with it.

And have fun with my constantly-changing Christmas defense team; I'm not planning on going for another eternal any time soon. Needed a distraction the last few weeks, and got one.

Cheers to those who decide they'd rather win by building better teams, coming up with interesting synergies, figuring out what works best on defense and what on offense, and likes to clear their lists.

Maybe that just proves my naïveté when it comes to online gaming; this is the only one I've played.
    And thanks for a great battle last week!
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints_sin View Post
    Pretty much yeah it happens with a lot of purchases like the black friday tali packs ect it just happened i was able to buy 2 thor packs i still paid the same price for both of em so i dont see the problemm
    Thanks for explaining. Yea there’s no problem with that at all. If something is for sale and one chooses to buy it that’s completely up to the individual.

If there is a said limit to how many times something can be purchased, but the game “glitches” allows more to than the limit to be bought then that’s the developer’s “problem” (wink wink) and I’m sure they’re all running around trying to fix it as we speak! 😂