Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arena Etiquette

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Oh the lies...... I can edit images as well.

Note how the POINTS ARE THE SAME IN ALL THREE items... poor image editing there.... If I beat you 3 times.. why would my points be the same???? You just showed your hand Dicksordian.

Same "pay me" clan.. against TOS.. no surprise, kid.

You are all quite pathetic.
    The points will always the same in an image like that. They show the “current” point total of the attacker. How long have you been playing again?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Holy shit - I've figured out who Yup is - he's Donald Trump playing LotB!
    Yes it seems that we do have a Trump Crybaby on board....go ahead and stomp your feet when you don't get your way and blame everyone but yourself for the failure....meanwhile we are all having fun with this game! Maybe one day you can be GREAT again, in the meantime leave your antics at the door....thx

Name:  trump 5.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  295.2 KB
    “Seven deadly sins, seven ways to win, seven holy paths to hell, and your trip begins..."

OS
    Android
    Nice try, sweaty. Did you forget I have a copy of the un-doctored image?

Name:  Nope2.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  96.3 KB
    Last edited by Ydex; 12-17-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    Name:  E232E45F-3BF8-4977-95BA-731C2F29F0AE.jpeg
Views: 402
Size:  343.9 KB
    In all seriousness. You recently attacks me and lost then attacked again then won. Your points are the same as are everyone elses. Just the way the game is.

OS
    iOS
    Keep things civil or the thread will be locked/closed. Thanks

OS
    Android
    Yes all 3 of us,as soon as we turned on tricksters you jumped all over us. Thats what arenas for tho. Attack the shit outta me if u want. Im just confirming it did happen and discos screen shot is real.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    Yea that seems to happen a lot in threads I comment on! 🤔 Gonna keep my mouth shut. This is a good thread. Wouldn’t want it locked.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    On these very forums, you admitted to knocking down Discordian’s rank below 8k so he wouldn’t get a gold medal out of spite when you weren’t even in the running that week and you did it by refreshing and attacking only him in the / hours before reset.

Does that bring you enjoyment? If so, why? I mean you saw what he wrote about us all being Maiden fans and how we would be friendly after a show or at the pub (except Natasmai of course—who said he would stomp someone who’d fallen in the pit rather than help them up). I wouldn’t want to fall down in a pit at a Maiden show near him I guess!
    LOL basically, IMO there isnt really a reason to have a pit at a maiden concert. when I go, I get a seat and sit back and enjoy the experience. but a maiden pit isnt a rowdy pit. So if your ass falls in a softcore maiden pit.... i mean I'm just gonna stomp ya for spite. Now in a REAL pit? Lamb of God, Amon Amarth, Power trip... Then you help a brother (or sister) out!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday667 View Post
    Don't mix things up with double purchases like thor packs etc.
    That's a totally different thing compared to the arena "push". Also weak defense during events is different.

Stuart appeals to our good sense to keep things fair arena, after some collected points and raised high in the sky on the leaderboards.
    Sure, the game allows to re-attack and lose. But that's why the topic came up.

See it as an unwritten guideline between the player.

As it is a controvers discussion and some disagree, I decided (with my clan) to keep it fair like stuart said.

I can't follow some argumentation of players, who can't accept fair playing unless unfairness is forbidden. But that's my opinion. I don't want to blame anyone.

I mean, could you be proud of "your" performance others do for you? (Just my thoughts)

Doomsday
    Leader of BloodBrother2
    Why wouldnt you be proud that your team worked together "the best" and won over some other players/teams? I dont understand why it should be shameful that a team game (since they introduced clans, they are insinuating that they want it to be a cooperative, team game) was won by great teamwork and planning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    I LOVE how you guys always need to pop in here and tell us to keep it civil.... except the only reason it is aggravated in here is because you guys wont simply step in, say "this is what we feel on the subject" end of story. You have differing opinions of people arguing over what they think should or shouldnt be acceptable. Meanwhile, the company running the game COULD simply make a statement saying "We are fine with things as is" or "This was an unintended effect of the games design and we are looking into possible ways to fix it" End of story, no more arguing, no more malice.

Same thing goes for the problem with Zug and me over the Moonchild materials. YOU GUYS screwed up. I asked for a clarification in a public forum. You answered me in a private message. People publicly noticed the moonchild was maxed and asked questions. Now comes the controversy. Handling things in private as you guys did, made things look shady and underhanded, like you were showing me some level of favoritism. I had nothing to do with any of it. I just wanted to know when and how I could get the materials. Instead of simply making an announcement in public, you caused days worth of malice between groups of your players.

How many times will this happen before you guys learn the basic concept of customer service and customer relations?

You want us to calm down in here? Do your damn job and tell us whether the arena "bumping" is acceptable or not, as an official game statement. If it is not, tell us whether you intend to work on a fix for it. tell us whether there will or should be punishments and consequences for doing it. Or, tell us it is all good and shut up the whiners. I dont friggin care either way personally, just put an end to it, not by threatening to lock a thread and censoring us, but by answering the question.
    Last edited by Natasmai; 12-17-2019 at 01:32 AM.

OS
    Android
    There was a similar type problem a few months ago. A certain player was hitting only weak defensive teams during an event. The problem wasnt the actual attack it was the number of attacks in a short period of time. I was personally hit 5 times in seven minutes, which was a mathematical improbability.

The LotB team said they would look into the matter and it would be taken care of in the near future. The situation stopped , but with no explanation of how the fix was accomplished.

I know the mechanics of the game of using ironite to refresh repeatedly is a bonus to your bottom line. Is there a way to limit the number of times someone can attack another player in a day similar to the revenge attack limit?
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Since they introduced beta clans I had this idea on how they could fix the arena problem and I’m sure they have too, but it’s hard to explain and would take work to implement. It’s not flashy like the graphics (which are really an improvement over when the game started) and would be all “behind the scenes coding” without anything cool looking or money making when it was finished.

Anyway the super short version is if you have 2 clans: “A” & “B” and the players in each clan; player X, Player Y etc... In any 7 day arena week all 30 players in “clan A” could only attack player X in “clan B” say 25 times for a combined total for example.

Another way to put it is; all 30 members of the clan Bloodbrothers could only attack Discordian in Romero’s Legion or Natasmai in Jom’s Vikings 25 times total. So if I sat there and refreshed to hit Discordian like Yup did 25 times then nobody else in BloodBrothers would be able to do so for the remainder of the arena week. The number and time frame are arbitrary and I’m not a game designer so I don’t know the logistics of something like this at all, but I suspect whatever they did would take a lot of work and would not necessarily bring in revenue. What fixing it could do though, is prevent people from being discouraged and leaving the game out of a sense of frustration as many have done.

The 24 hour waiting period between leaving a clan and joining a clan would have to be increased as well so this idea may be completely unrealistic, but LOTB developers and programmers would be able to figure something like this out if they wanted to. Maybe they don’t — I don’t know.

A simpler idea which was mentioned in the past was to to put a cap on the max number of total battles per week that could be played by any player.

Winning % for attack and defense would have been used to rank players. Instead of the point system currently use. The cap could be 500 battles, 800, 1,000 whatever. But this idea would cut revenue (slightly) by limiting battles per week. But there could have been an ironite “fee” or charge each players based on what tier they were in, so If someone wasn’t playing and was in a bottom tier they wouldn’t be charged any ironite—they’d just get the satellite 15 type reward. This may also have been a terrible idea to fix the arena mechanics, but the point is that they could be fixed by a team of people that design mobile games for a living if the desire to do so was there. This particular idea would not be adopted they said, because the base code wouldn’t support it and writing new code for it wasn’t a priority, nor was it cost effective.

But I happen to agree with Natasmai on his one point about the customer relations team finding out how the development team feels about what’s going on and whether or not they approve of it. If they do there are some clans full of legendary players that could surely “out cheat” the clan I’m in, but we could also beat out some other clans depending on who was playing that week. I personally don’t like the clan boosting that goes on at all, but if the dev team feels it is a fair part of the game then I’d be on board to try it—even though it would make me feel like a toffee-nosed, shriveled husk, a rapscallion and ne’er-do-well.
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 12-17-2019 at 05:18 AM.