Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Arena Etiquette

OS
    iOS
    Yes, Yump, the world is unfair and we're all singling you out, angel you are, because we're mean-spirited people who want to "make [you] feel bad", "hurt another person", and so on. That's exactly what's going on here.

Oh wait - SDTull and I worked together on an idea that we though might lead to better, more enjoyable gameplay in the arena. And it didn't happen to be popular, but you win some, you lose some. We decided to carry on in our own clans by having it as an internal policy. And then you jumped in with:

Discordian posting about honor is laughable.
    But you know, you didn't start anything. You're an innocent lamb, and the people who you blatantly spam attacked while we were trying to get our clan up on the podium are all lying jerks who just want to be mean to poor little you because you're such a nice and lovable guy. And Zugzwang, who is not a member of our clan but merely pointed out that you're a liar, well he's just a devil to pick on poor helpless Yump.

But yeah, you're right, we're hilarious.

Now go away.

OS
    iOS
    For emphasis: As seen in this thread itself...... Discordian posting about honor is laughable.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-17-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Dear mods,

Please close this thread and throw it in the trash.

Sincerely,
    The users of this forum

OS
    Android
    I read through this entire thread and all I remember are cropped images of what could easily be regular arena back-and-forths and pathetic name-calling.

But it was one of the most interesting things to happen on this forum in a while.
    Last edited by Bapper; 12-17-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    Azov is best girl =W=

Domingo-9948

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapper View Post
    I read through this entire thread and all I remember are cropped images of what could easily be regular arena back-and-forths and pathetic name-calling.

But it was one of the most interesting things to happen on this forum in a while.
    Mine was an image from yesterday which showed how the point total of the attacker would always show as one number rather than change each battle. And I don’t think this thread should be locked. Maybe some posts could be deleted, but the main idea of the thread should stay. It’s a good idea to talk about this and whether or not the devs intended this to happen or not.

OS
    Android
    To put in my own 2 cents, I think it's entirely up to everyone to follow their own personal honor code when it comes to the arena.
    I personally will not be participating in the arena boosting as this is not the place. The arena was never intended to be a group effort, it's a marker of personal achievement. Having others prop you up doesn't prove your ability, it just gives you nice things. If your code allows for that, then power to you but mine does not.
    I would also like to say that this was never the place for the childish squabbling on both sides I've been privy to. This thread was started to address an issue and your personal bullshit was never wanted or needed here. It didn't add anything to the debate and only resulted in watering down an otherwise useful discussion. Perhaps some day the devs will weigh in as well but until then this never should have gotten here and it's silly that you all let it go so far.
    PvP in mobile games always has the inherent risk of someone gaming the system, breaking, exploiting, etcetera. If people want to declare that they'll be following a certain code to how they approach this system then it isn't for one or another to judge them, but simply do the same or don't. Petty arguments are for children and politicians.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohvar_nashtok View Post
    To put in my own 2 cents, I think it's entirely up to everyone to follow their own personal honor code when it comes to the arena.
    I personally will not be participating in the arena boosting as this is not the place. The arena was never intended to be a group effort, it's a marker of personal achievement. Having others prop you up doesn't prove your ability, it just gives you nice things. If your code allows for that, then power to you but mine does not.
    I would also like to say that this was never the place for the childish squabbling on both sides I've been privy to. This thread was started to address an issue and your personal bullshit was never wanted or needed here. It didn't add anything to the debate and only resulted in watering down an otherwise useful discussion. Perhaps some day the devs will weigh in as well but until then this never should have gotten here and it's silly that you all let it go so far.
    PvP in mobile games always has the inherent risk of someone gaming the system, breaking, exploiting, etcetera. If people want to declare that they'll be following a certain code to how they approach this system then it isn't for one or another to judge them, but simply do the same or don't. Petty arguments are for children and politicians.
    Valuable insight! But I categorically disagree. The devs should either condone this happening or patch it as an exploit. There shouldn’t be a “one day maybe they will address it”. If you read the thread from 2017 they fixed where one could be attacked without limit by setting limits. Now it needs to be revisited and there are new issues with the introduction of clans beta. In my view, the devs should either fix it as an exploit as part of their working on the next phase of clans or condone it as part of the idea with releasing clans—to have players team up in the arena (for high level rewards).

OS
    iOS
    Just took the time to look through this thread and well...there's good insights in here for sure but all this name calling and whatnot just makes these points way less valuable. I feel like it's an important topic for sure. However, conversations should still stay civil, even when the two sides have a disliking towards each other. I get that it might be difficult at times but still, we are grown ups, not some 12 year olds. Bottom line: if you want to go to war against each other, do it in DMs. Going after each other publically could just lessen your reputation.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    The devs should either condone this happening or patch it as an exploit. There shouldn’t be a “one day maybe they will address it”. If you read the thread from 2017 they fixed where one could be attacked without limit by setting limits. Now it needs to be revisited and there are new issues with the introduction of clans beta. In my view, the devs should either fix it as an exploit as part of their working on the next phase of clans or condone it as part of the idea with releasing clans—to have players team up in the arena (for high level rewards).
    I couldn't agree with you more. I just know that, historically speaking, the devs here are rarely quick to fix things or implement changes to their systems. I don't know how long The Silent Planet and Isle of Avalon have been "Coming Soon" but I know it's been well over the 7 months I've been playing and the most recent update is that they're still a long ways off. Night City was announced within months of launch and only came out last Christmas, so while the previous PvP fix may have been implemented fairly quickly I'm not holding my breath on this one.
    I do agree there should be an official statement or something as to whether or not this is condoned and I'm unsure why there hasn't already been one. Perhaps it's being debated at a higher level as well before a final decision is made.

Maybe they'll mention it in the next "Update from the News Frontier".
    Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far!

OS
    iOS
    Listen everyone, we've heard the feedback on this. We need to have a more in depth discussion on this in the Studio. The implementation of Clans has brought it to the forefront but I would not set the onus on it as the reason this came about.

To be clear, a fix for this is not on our Roadmap and we will have to wait and see if it is something we can bump up in priority.