OS
    iOS

Arena is stupid now

And I don't like to complain. I generally have a positive attitude. But it is true. Right now the problem is Labyrinth on Moonchild. I destroyed a team (getting by the typical combo of fully awakened Cyborg, Lucifer and Lilith (or maybe it was the blue LOL). Anyway, the team gets down to Moonchild against my team of the Prisoner, Cosmic LOL, A Werewolf, and Bounty Hunter.
    I killed the whole team in about 3 turns. That left how many turns to destroy Moonchild. But for whatever reason he regained his passive of shutting down all my skills, so I was left with my high damage primary attacks.
    Nope. Couldn't kill him. And I can't tell you how many times this has happened. I really think Labyrinth is the problem even more than Moonchild. If you look on the top Arena teams, they are all fully sharded Moonchild. Is there a problem here? Sure, I'll get him this week and have him awakened in a month, but it is a poor game design.
    At least allow Arena not to automatically end after only about 30 turns. But I think a memory problem develops. Notice how each turn gets slower and slower until there is an automatic draw.
    C'mon designers, get these simple mechanics fixed--Labyrinth on Moonchild is a shame. An Arena has completely lost interest.

OS
    Android
    how does his passive shut ur skills down? i though it was immune to all negative/beneficial effects and atk's miss unless perfect

OS
    Android
    That's why I use a fun-X-mas-defense Team.
    Going down into rankings = more wins = more relics = more fun to play

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by razgriz View Post
    how does his passive shut ur skills down? i though it was immune to all negative/beneficial effects and atk's miss unless perfect
    It also blocks all power and fury attacks and makes every non-perfect attack miss. Maybe something else but I forgot.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Now? Arena has always been heavily reliant on being able to play within the meta. It's always been the case with any game of this type. There will always be a combo that reigns supreme. Just now it's more easily obtained with money.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Mateja has it--you cannot use any power or fury attacks. I can only rely upon basic attacks, which should be able to kill him, but labyrinth is broken. GOOD games (unlike this one) make sure that the new character is not too OP--which destroys the strategy of the game. I don't mind an edge for those who have worked hard to get the better characters, but in this case I happened to have knocked out all but one. One character should not be able to not be destroyed by 4 characters. The characters I am using are no joke. Bounty Hunter. Fully awakened Cosmic LOL. Assassin Werewolf. Had to throw in the Prisoner merely to go against Moonchild, which worked at first. The way that passives work in this game (and how some talisman function) are ridiculous.

OS
    Android
    Bring someone wearing quantums. If you have a second set, 2 is better. As an alternative bring a multi hitter or two. When going vs labyrinths, only thing counts is hit amount. Which is the disadvantage of labyrinths for the wearer: 10 hits to die. A successful hit deals 10% of max hp as damage. Doesn't matter how hard is hit or how much HP wearer have. It has 60% to avoid damage, so more hits better odds.

OS
    iOS
    Thank you Osiris. I have tried Quantums, but that does not give much survival (HP) in the kinds of teams we are now facing. But good point. I have gotten good at getting perfect hits. So, I'm assuming 80% of my hits are perfect. 40% of those should land. Which means that I should be able to kill him on 31 hits. That is 8 rounds for a team of 4. So, why am I not killing him in 30 rounds? That's broken mechanics. Multi-hitters are a good point.