OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier December 19th 2019

Welcome Troopers, to this week's Updates from the News Frontier!

This will be the last update until after the New Year, so I will try to leave as much information in here for things that are coming in the coming weeks. Along with that, we have a Holiday themed Weekend Warrior!

The Alchemist Awoken

In today’s game update The Alchemist is now Awakenable and you can start the process right now! His final Awakening material will be dropped in January with the Forbidden Alchemy event.

Todays Tuning Notes

In case you missed it, we released some tuning notes with the aforementioned game update, you can find them right here - https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...ng-PRELIMINARY

Community Support on Vacation

Over the coming weeks until January 2nd, expect delays in responses to Support tickets. Members of the team will be working most days but will be prioritizing Purchase requests, missing rewards from Arena and Gauntlet resets, and current event issues.

Speaking of a Current Event

Get ready for 4pm PST today, the next Dungeon Event is dropping and you have already met the main protagonist, albeit by accident! There will also be one more Event before we are back in the New Year.

And now, Welcome to the Weekend Warrior!

Putting Tiny Tim to the Test

Tactic-trading Thursday, Troopers! It is I, your peerless penman, Durandal. With a penchant for playful Christmas pastimes, I’ve been pondering the pertinent possibilities of poor, underprivileged Puny Tim. *ahem* Tiny Tim. Does this peppy pauper pack a punch? Let's find out!

Name:  teamcomps.png
Views: 1664
Size:  764.4 KB

"A Christmas Peril"

- Pharaoh Ramesses Eddie w/ Impulse Talismans
    - Assassin Lord of Light w/ Starfire Talismans
    - Tiny Tim w/ Past, Sacred and Redemption (Cosmic) Talismans
    - Necropolis w/ Viper Talismans and a Cosmic Talisman (Any)

This all started when I discovered a fun interaction with Tiny Tim and Assassin Lord of Light. Since Tim starts the battle off with Golden Effects on both fronts, it was a devious opportunity for Lord of Light to turn all of these "gifts” into Marks on the enemy team. From there, Pharaoh Ramesses had helped to bolster durability while protecting poor Timothy from devastating Permadeath effects. Necropolis with Vipers was a fun way to add physical damage to the mix while supercharging the team's power generation. He's also a good Dark Ghost contingency plan.

While climbing, Orbit Talismans became more and more prevalent - so much so that a team with this much True Damage had difficulty landing killing blows. I found additional success by creating an alternative version of this team that continued to center around Tiny Tim while weaving my way around certain enemy defenses.

- Oni Eddie w/ Singularity Talismans
    - Cosmic Lord of Light w/ Starfire Talismans
    - Tiny Tim w/ Past, Sacred and Redemption (Cosmic) Talismans
    - Dark Lilith w/ Fallen and Sacred Talismans

Here, Oni Eddie and Cosmic Lord of Light can share the duties of dealing damage and removing enemy buffs while continuing to provide a means of keeping the effects of Singularity and Starfire/Quantum on the team. Dark Lilith can protect Tiny Tim from Permadeath while actively removing negative effects from allies. Tiny Tim continues to do his thing, ya know? I think there's some underestimation of how debilitating his reliable taunt can be against certain characters who need access to their power and/or fury attacks.

Name:  alternatives.png
Views: 1261
Size:  476.5 KB

While I won more matches than I lost in the brief period of playing around with this team, I did note some troublesome counters. These teams don't have the best means of handling characters immune to negative effects such as Alexander Eddie and Moonchild. I would also have trouble with teams who could reliably apply some form of passive disable on turn 1 or who could excessively out-heal my outgoing damage.

At the end of the day, Tiny Tim has proven to be reasonably simple but deceptively capable 4-star character. While it would be a tall order for him to help you topple the pantheon of Arena champions, he can bring a unique and chipper flavor to your team if you give him an honest chance to try his best. Once you awaken him however, the vengeance of a thousand demons will rip the souls out from your enemies and banish them into eternal oblivion. Jokes. I'm only kidding. Or am I?

Durandal

That’s it from us at Navigator Games, at least until the New Year. Happy Holidays, enjoy yourselves and we will see you in the New Year!

Signing off

Ceeg

OS
    iOS
    “Tiny Tim has proven to be reasonably simple but deceptively capable 4-star character. Once you awaken him however, the vengeance of a thousand demons will rip the souls out from your enemies and banish them into eternal oblivion. Jokes. I'm only kidding. Or am I?“

Interesting read Durandal! Awakened Tiny Tim??? Happy Holidays!!