Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    On a positive note, this is basically free stuff for just farming as usual.
    Maybe for you, running those dungeons is completely abnormal for me since I spend most of my time farming whatever event is running. On the off time I'm either running powerslave for Ironite/leveling or LOL dungeon for those elusive awakening materials.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu316 View Post
    They don't need to change images or anything else: just specify the currency used IN TEXT on the pop-up and allow you to cancel from there. "You're about to spend 100 Holiday fragments. Are you sure?"
    That would be cool, give people a final warning before making the purchase. I like how they were recently able to include a timer for the time-limited store items. Hopefully they'll be able to build upon what they came up with making that possible, to make other changes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    However, as I was thinking on this event, I realized OMG-I am replaying my magic the gathering addiction all over again, just in a different format. Decks had a certain number of common, uncommon and rare cards in them, but it was rng what you would get.
    Hahah yes, MtG is a real-life gacha game! And it's only got worse in recent years with all the newer higher rarities and special editions and limited collections. I used to be a bit of a collector myself, but the constant and increasing stream of new releases slowly drained my passion for it. These days I'll just buy the cards I want from the secondary market, not going to waste time or money buying the random packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Probably you're aiming to a big group of people whos not doing the dungeons (which is comprehensible) but itīs a bit too much for the middle players who already have some dungeons done... I feel this one is not designed for a lot of us, shame.
    Yeah, the more I look at this event, the more confused I get. Only end-game players can complete this one without having to spend money. And those players probably already have at least a couple of the reward characters. Newer/middle players likely don't have any of those characters and would benefit the most from the reward soul, but also wont stand a chance in the high-level frontier dungeons.

This next section is mostly theoretical, as I've not done most of these dungeons key, and may be massively over/under-estimating their difficulties.

400 is the cut-off you want to reach so you can complete the reward soul with only a single purchase.

Looking over the list, 290/600 shouldn't be too hard to reach:
    Daily (40), Trooper(40), Airstrip(50), Viral(50), Raven(50), & Gangland(60) = 290.

Cosmic (40) would add another 40, but could take multiple keys, unless you've got a team that can handle all possible class-restriction variants. That would brings us to 330 fragments.

Then you've got Labyrinth (60), Mayan (60), Infernal (70), and Eternal (80). Infernal or Eternal plus Cosmic would reach 400. Or without Cosmic, you'd need to combine any two of those dungeons. Mayan and Eternal both require multiple keys.

Are my difficulty-estimations correct? Which dungeons would you recommend to reach the 400 mark? Is Infernal doable?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Azagthor, I did all but infernal and eternal. I accidently wasted 50 frags in the store so I'm at 400 and will buy the last 200. I had never run Mayan or Labyrinth before. Mayan isn't too bad if you have the toons, but 3 run limit means at least 5 keys, and I had 3 losses. Didn't have Necropolis for achievement but did run Mayan priestess for that credit.
    Labyrinth was a bitch trying to run all toons for the 3 achievements. Lots of losses but I got the runs I needed for this. Not sure if I could have completed infernal or eternal, bit after wasting those 50 frags there was to point in trying.

OS
    Android
    I think that if you are missing some or most of the available characters in this event, you should try a different strategy. Instead of trying to reach achievements simply try to complete the number of runs needed in the dungeons to get your holiday fragments. If you have the right teams, of course try to also complete achievements along the way.

OS
    iOS
    Infernal is pretty easy with most newer Assassin class 5 stars.... Eternal Champ, Dark Lilith, Prince Wrath, Beast, Van Helsing, Cosmic Shinobi, etc. It's do-able without these, but if you have these, it's kind of a snap.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Bought the last 200 frags needed and pulled Pharaoh Ramesses. With all the grinding, SoT, keys, and $20 cash that was a very expensive pull. Just happy as hell it wasn't another Van Helsing.
    Back to grinding Tiny Tim dungeon for a few days. Have all the toons except for Coalgiver, which kinda pisses me off. About 140 souls opened so far and think the odds are about half a percent to get him on each soul, so 5% for each 10 pack.
    Last edited by DeathDealer-5301; 12-25-2019 at 03:47 PM.

OS
    Android
    The daily dungeon is the one you get from a key earned by completing all the daily challeges.

The cosmic dungeon is from a talisman key. It's the dungeon you have to use a specific ific class only team.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Did some first runs in the Maya "dungeon" because of this event. What a stupid coin toss "dungeon", really. Thanks Bakura and Stromseye for your other post. I used Strom's team, but also have several defeats (when I lost the toss and/or magus crimean soldier did not get an extra turn). Labs on Shaman often block all 6 attacks from my Necro...they get one extra turn after the other. This level is a pure rip-off (50 SoT!?!?) in my perspective and I am happy if I never need to go here again (despite dropping some keys (even for maya, lol) as rewards is a nice thing).
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Darkmoon Lilith wipes out the Shaman team easily. Add Prince Wrath and get the atk boost, and crave from his passive, plus his Perfect Death infliction. Use VHE (or Celestials) to block damage in case you lose the coin toss.

For the achievements (not just this event) I found fighting in the Necropolis dungeon easier. I used the Necropolis dungeon to complete both achievements.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-27-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Thanks yup, but I have none of these (apart from VHE...see my sig), and of course I also want to do the missions to use a priest and necro....

As I said, I use storms team with Alex (Orbit), magus crimean (greed/warlord), warrior maya (celest) and necro (viper). Works good, but it is not 100%
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020