Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android

What was the first Iron Maiden Album you ever heard?

Since there are literally no threads yet in this part of the forum, this seems like a reasonable place to start. What was the first Maiden album you ever heard?

For me, it was The Number of the Beast, back when I was just 6 years old, the year after its release. My dad and cousins used to play it on their record players, and it seemed equally cool and scary to me at the time. I've always found the artwork of that album particularly fearsome... especially the image on the record itself (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/W6h7LU4GY5M/hqdefault.jpg)

What came first for you?

Mine was the 1st album. I was browsing through a record store (yes, it was 1980) and saw Eddie on the cover. My friend and I went "halves" on it because the back photo looked like they were rockers. When we got it home and threw it on the turntable ... wow! I've bought every Maiden album on the release date since. And I've seen them live a few times.
    My Maiden Dates:
    7/17/82 9/4/82 7/5/83 3/20/85 7/4/85 2/22/87 6/5/88 3/13/91 6/30/92 9/16/00 8/28/03 8/29/03
    8/30/03 8/15/05 10/21/06 5/28/08 5/31/08 6/20/10 8/3/12 8/4/12 Las Vegas 9/12/13 & 2/28/16

OS
    Android
    Sweet! I've only had a chance to see them live four times, but they were the first concert I ever saw, at age 11 (Seventh Son Tour), and they blew me away!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    I think the first album I remember hearing was Dance Of Death back in 2003 when I was 10. Saw them live for the first time in 2006 with AMOLAD. Incredible show!!

OS
    Android
    Mi first aproximation with Iron Maiden was with the Best of the Beast compilation.... then I started to explore the albums and still I do it

The first time I ever heard Iron Maiden was the Piece of Mind album in 1983 when I was in high school. I remember the very first song I heard was The Trooper and since then I was hooked and have been a fan ever since.

OS
    Android
    The Trooper is a hell of a first Maiden song to hear! If that didn't hook you, pretty much nothing would. \m/

Best of the Beast was a great compilation... I remember being glad for it at the time because most of the Maiden I had was on cassette, so it was worth buying the songs again on CD. Greatest Hits are definitely the best way to get into new bands, as far as I'm concerned. I remember especially doing that with Cradle of Filth (Lovecraft & Witch Hearts).

Dance of Death is a great album. Quite underrated, I'd say. It wasn't the monster that Brave New World was, but still, lots of great tunes!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

I was in Greece with my parents on holiday when I was 10 years old. I bought Powerslave from a local record store because all of the big guys 'round the town played and listened to Maiden.

There was no turning back Still remember when I first put the CD to my Sony stereos and Aces High started... Oh man...

OS
    Android
    One of the best lead off tracks they've ever done, for sure... if not THE best.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    While working as a projectionist a colleague was playing Somewhere in Time this was my first introduction to Maiden, I went and bought Iron Maiden then Killers without knowing they were First and second release's