Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    In an awesome relative case, my youngest son (now 10) got hooked when he found my old Number of the Beast record and threw it on. He has all my old Maiden posters (which are roughly 25 years old!) hanging in his room now. He has since decided to take guitar lessons for one purpose - to play Maiden songs, specifically The Trooper. My other son (11) is huge into the Brave New World album, hooked on Wickerman and Blood Brothers (thanks to legacy).

Now we play the albums, and all sit around playing Legacy, pumped up about who we're unlocking, etc. It would be really great if you could challenge Troopers in the PVP, something to consider down the road?

\m/
    Really nice thing man
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    Android
    Mine was live after death, when I was 13.. Since then Maiden is my favourite band!
    Make you an offer you can't refuse,
    You've only got your soul to lose
    Eternally,hehehehe
    Just let yourself go!

OS
    Android
    Blimey. There wasn't a first album but a first song, Fear of The Dark. From there it was Maiden mix tapes on my walkman to and from work.
    To this day I guess I'll never know
    Just why they let me go

aXe-4895

Senior Member TheAlbatross-1864's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    It was either powerslave or piece of mind for me at about 15. Not sure which. From there on I really got into exploring them. I think the book of souls holds the most special place for me though as it was the first album that released after I was super into the band, and then the book of souls tour was the first time i saw them live.

OS
    iOS
    The first time I ever saw anything Maiden was my uncle's room when I was maybe 10 (he is only about 7 years older than I). It was the Number of the Beast album and he had a huge velvet poster of the same. It was so scary and cool at the same time. The first time I heard maiden though was at my cousin's house who also had a velvet Piece of Mind and Trooper posters. I would listen to the intro to Still Life over and over cause it was awesome. The first thing I ever bought though was Live After Death. My friend had lent me the tape and I played it so much I wore out the tape and had to buy two. One for him and one for me. That is when I fell in love with Maiden. Had to be 1986 or 1987. It is still my all time favorite Maiden album. I love it so much I have it tattooed on my ribcage.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    I didn't buy albums.. they travelled poorly. I bought cassettes so I could use my Walkman ... imagine that.. and it was Piece of Mind when I was around 12.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    First album was Killers, bought Piece of Mind the day it came out.

OS
    Android
    my first listened was notb
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    What a bunch of old farts we all must be!
    Mine was Powerslave I won a record voucher at a church disco dance event when I was 14...
    That's where my life of metal began, in Particular Maiden.
    There wasn't a bare patch of wall in my bedroom that didn't have an Iron Maiden poster on it including the ceiling...!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Number of the Beast was first, but it was not long after Piece of Mind had already came out, so that was my second. All of course on cassette.

After a while tho I sort of fell out of the metal scene, which I think was sometime mid 1993. Was definitely after Metallica toured Aus for the Damaged Justice tour, and then the black album came out, which felt like a bit of a letdown, so that was probably the start of when I fell out of the scene (even tho around that time Fear of the Dark came out, which I had). I was in my mid-20's at this stage, and work wasn't a very metal-friendly place. :/

Then I had most of my CD's and tapes stolen from someones car, which didn't help.

And then about 8 yrs ago fell back into it. Mainly thanks to BangerFilms `Metal: A Headbangers Journey`, quickly followed up by `Metal Evolution` (remember seeing that in mid-2012), which suddenly dragged everything full circle cos of the use of The Trooper as the intro music. So once again I was hooked on Maiden (and metal in general).
    Last edited by Cefiar; 06-05-2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War