Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Number of the Beast was first, but it was not long after Piece of Mind had already came out, so that was my second. All of course on cassette.

After a while tho I sort of fell out of the metal scene, which I think was sometime mid 1993. Was definitely after Metallica toured Aus for the Damaged Justice tour, and then the black album came out, which felt like a bit of a letdown, so that was probably the start of when I fell out of the scene (even tho around that time Fear of the Dark came out, which I had). I was in my mid-20's at this stage, and work wasn't a very metal-friendly place. :/

Then I had most of my CD's and tapes stolen from someones car, which didn't help.

And then about 8 yrs ago fell back into it. Mainly thanks to BangerFilms `Metal: A Headbangers Journey`, quickly followed up by `Metal Evolution` (remember seeing that in mid-2012), which suddenly dragged everything full circle cos of the use of The Trooper as the intro music. So once again I was hooked on Maiden (and metal in general).
    So your another old fart!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    My first contact with maiden was the trooper video. I was 10 or 11, and I remember being in the kitchen and saw it on a small black and white TV. In those days my elder brother had his metal moment, and he introduced me into WASP (1st album), Priest (defenders of the faith) and Maiden (The trooper). But my brother only picked few songs, never full albums. Then, 2 or 3 of years after my friends and myself were into live after death and somewhere in time. But the MOMENT was when my best friend gave me as a birthday present SSOASS. That changed my life, and I started to buy all the records. I still remember the order.. powerslave, Somewhere, Killers, number, Iron maiden and maiden japan. I couldn't find Live after death, so I bought it second hand of a mate at school. How many hours I spent looking at the amazing art, the photos.. And finally I got piece of mind, brought from England by a friend (it wasn't avaiable in Spain on that moment).. Then I started to buy the records when they where released. More than 30 years after itīs still my favourite band, once a month I listen to their entire discography from the begining (Iron maiden) to the end (book of souls), saw them live 5 times and only have gratitude and love for their music..
    Make you an offer you can't refuse,
    You've only got your soul to lose
    Eternally,hehehehe
    Just let yourself go!

OS
    iOS
    Well, for me, it was mate who had bought Piece of Mind on vinyl (as well as the singles) that got me into it all. I few weeks later I got the album (I was 13 I think) - not easy to get in the north of Scotland as it had dropped out of the charts a little when I got it. My mate and I took turns buying certain bands albums as we did not have enough cash to get it all each. He was very much Saxon and a little bit Scorpions and early Maiden - I got Scorpions and Maiden (and a few Saxon here and there) so it was a buying club to make sure we had everything that came out across the three bands. I also then got a lot of Dio Sabbath and Dio solo, Rainbow, Priest and the ball started to roll more when I was able to work to make some cash!

So the first Maiden album I got from new on release day was Powerslave (embossed sleeve too) as well as Aces High 12" single. Piece of mind was a few weeks after release. From Powerslave onward (Love at First Sting for Scorpions and Power and the Glory by Saxon) I bought everything released on vinyl that I could get (UK releases) though I never really liked pic discs so left them alone). Powerlsave was my first tour as well, then Somewhere in Time after that......I must say that I was never much into the Blaze era (X Factor is decent enough but just not into the vocals - Virtual XI i rarely listened to as I just did not take to it at all).
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Well, for me, it was mate who had bought Piece of Mind on vinyl (as well as the singles) that got me into it all. I few weeks later I got the album (I was 13 I think) - not easy to get in the north of Scotland as it had dropped out of the charts a little when I got it. My mate and I took turns buying certain bands albums as we did not have enough cash to get it all each. He was very much Saxon and a little bit Scorpions and early Maiden - I got Scorpions and Maiden (and a few Saxon here and there) so it was a buying club to make sure we had everything that came out across the three bands. I also then got a lot of Dio Sabbath and Dio solo, Rainbow, Priest and the ball started to roll more when I was able to work to make some cash!

So the first Maiden album I got from new on release day was Powerslave (embossed sleeve too) as well as Aces High 12" single. Piece of mind was a few weeks after release. From Powerslave onward (Love at First Sting for Scorpions and Power and the Glory by Saxon) I bought everything released on vinyl that I could get (UK releases) though I never really liked pic discs so left them alone). Powerlsave was my first tour as well, then Somewhere in Time after that......I must say that I was never much into the Blaze era (X Factor is decent enough but just not into the vocals - Virtual XI i rarely listened to as I just did not take to it at all).
    For me it was Piece of Mind. Still the best IM album form me. The beginning of my story was very similar. Only I was living in Soviet Union occupied territory. It was first real original ( not a cheap bootleg ) vinyl I ever touched. Any decent music was very hard to get. New LP costed about half of salary you get in month on black market.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    ST for me. That and especially Killers are still amongst my Maiden favorites. There is a special energy and vibe on those early records that I just love.

OS
    Android
    My first experience was in 82. They were the opening band and my friend bought the cassette to know what to expect from them. I dont know how many times we listened to the beast that summer. Killers and Iron Maden albums soon followed. Clive was an excellent drummer . Unfortunately I don't remember the concert, a little to much imbibing.

OS
    Android
    So they released IronMaiden in 79' right? Then came Killers, NotBeast in 82', Piece of mind in 83', Powerslave in 84', Somewhere in time Around 86'?, Seventh Son of a seventh son, then I lost touch a bit but I think no prayer for the dying 90', fear of the dark 92', X factor 95', I think brave new world is in there somewhere, and the others I don't know..
    Anybody know the remaining ones?
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    number of the beast was the first maiden vid I watched on mtv. piece of mind was my first maiden record 83 I was 14 lol
    kmadd69-5636 is my trooper name I rotate maxed out eddies constantly

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Number of the Beast was first, but it was not long after Piece of Mind had already came out, so that was my second. All of course on cassette.

After a while tho I sort of fell out of the metal scene, which I think was sometime mid 1993. Was definitely after Metallica toured Aus for the Damaged Justice tour, and then the black album came out, which felt like a bit of a letdown, so that was probably the start of when I fell out of the scene (even tho around that time Fear of the Dark came out, which I had). I was in my mid-20's at this stage, and work wasn't a very metal-friendly place. :/

Then I had most of my CD's and tapes stolen from someones car, which didn't help.

And then about 8 yrs ago fell back into it. Mainly thanks to BangerFilms `Metal: A Headbangers Journey`, quickly followed up by `Metal Evolution` (remember seeing that in mid-2012), which suddenly dragged everything full circle cos of the use of The Trooper as the intro music. So once again I was hooked on Maiden (and metal in general).
    I loved Headbanger's Journey too. I like to say that it is to metalheads what The Passion is to hardcore Christians. lol I often watch it to "come down" after a live metal show. I trust you've also seen the sequel, Global Metal?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    For me it was Seventh Son of the Seventh Son when I was 9 and it had just came out...

Still my favorite...

MetallicA-8309