Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Somewhere In Time, still my favorite! I still have the big wall poster of the cyborg Eddie busting through the wall rolled up in a box somewhere. I think I need to paint a wall off-white and hang it up.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    Somewhere In Time, still my favorite! I still have the big wall poster of the cyborg Eddie busting through the wall rolled up in a box somewhere. I think I need to paint a wall off-white and hang it up.
    I used to have that on my bedroom door (facing into my bedroom). It was perfectly door-sized. Somewhere in Time was my first album as well. (I think I posted my introduction to Maiden story somewhere on this forum, but it seems to be gone now). I had a big Seventh Son poster (the art from the front/back album cover) and a giant powerslave mummy eddie black tapestry as well.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    iOS
    okay, I'll post it again:

One night circa 1987 - I was fourteen, I had my VCR ready with a blank tape to record this documentary on Heavy Metal scheduled to play on Mtv (back when Mtv was about music). I don't remember the name of the documentary, but it had great interviews with people like Ozzy, Dio, Scorpions, Def Leppard, AC/DC, etc. I was glued to the set and periodically making sure that my VCR was recording.

When the documentary was over, it went right into a very dramatic booming sound with a massive crowd cheering and dimmed lights... then I heard Churchhill's speech over the low roar of engines... A few moments later he says "We will NEVER SURRENDER!" and the fucking stage explodes with light, sound, pyrotechnics, and an enormous amount of energy. I glanced away for a moment at the VCR to make sure it was still recording (and it was). It was the World Slavery Tour. I soon became worried that I had enough room on the tape to record this entire concert (which I did). I remember watching these guys on stage, and they looked like they were having such a good time together, smiling like they was nothing in the world they enjoyed more than playing this music. It's like they didn't take it too seriously, with playful stuff like Dave Murray getting up on Bruce's shoulders and Bruce running around with an endless supply of energy. Also, I was a huge Indiana Jones fan (still am) and so the whole Egyptian theme stage really got my attention. My head officially exploded when the giant Pharaoh head over Niko's kit split apart and a larger-than-life Mummy Eddie came out and loomed over the stage. I think from that point on, Iron Maiden was my favorite band.

I immediately went out and bought their latest album, which at the time was Somewhere In Time. Then I bought Number of the Beast, Peace of Mind, Powerslave, and Live after Death. I got Seventh Son as soon as it got released. I spent countless hours looking at all the amazing details of Derek Riggs' fantastic artwork which can really only be fully appreciated on an LP sleeve.

To this day, I can't get sick of listening to any of those albums, no matter how many times I play them.

OS
    iOS
    Damn, after reading that i gotta go to atleast one maiden concert...

Also the artwork is like one of the best things IM has, the cover of number of the beast, powerslave, somewhere in time and ESPECIALLY dance of death (best cover ever) are one of the reasons many people started hearing IM!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    You really do... there is no band in the world that can touch Iron Maiden live!

lol--Poor old Dance of Death... that artwork gets no love at all.

Name:  LD.png
Views: 394
Size:  124.0 KB
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Dance of death is easily the worst iron maiden artwork ever for me.

Its unfinished, this was only a draft model, which with no shame Maiden used (why?)
    Even the guy who designed it asked maiden to remove his name from the copyrights, that's not what he had in mind when finished

and you nekro think its the best ever? you were clearly drunk with trooper BEERS.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    I could be wrong, Aristo, my friend... but I believe ol' Nekro may have been using sarcasm in that post.

Also: Yeah, Dance of Death is the worst Maiden artwork in the history of ever, easilly, imho.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I could be wrong, Aristo, my friend... but I believe ol' Nekro may have been using sarcasm in that post.

Also: Yeah, Dance of Death is the worst Maiden artwork in the history of ever, easilly, imho.
    Don't know, maybe he likes it so much, he's from Jupiter
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    lol--You've got a point there!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    iOS
    okay... I'm glad someone said something. I was biting my tongue on that one. To even mention the Dance of Death album cover among the work of Riggs made me cringe hard. That album cover ranks as low as "The Angel and the Gambler" music video. Have you seen this thing? SO embarrassing.

ouch!
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"