Hybrid View

OS
    Android

Character and Talisman chance packs....

In a nutshell I normally don't spend money on this game. But in a couple of moments of holiday cheer I spent money on the game. Twice none the less. Why you might ask? Because I really wanted that nice Magus Hierophant critter. So I spent the money on a Christmas pack and a rank up II pack. 40 chances at the blue hierophant... got 0 5 star characters. 2 or 3 - 4 star characters (all crap)... 3 or 4 sets of light talisman.... and you might go ick but at least the holiday souls gave you something... and well no... 0- 5 star... 1? 4 star and the rest yeah..... so out of 50 souls a grand total of nothing.

How do I say this.... I get a bloody better drop rate out of the regular fecking rare souls. Note to self... next time I am tempted to spend money on this game refer to this post.

OS
    Android
    Banner packs, souls packs and event souls are the worst way to spend real money or in game resources. Some do get lucky, but for most it is a crap shoot and the house wins. The only time buying event souls is worth it is when you are completing a guaranteed frag event and you dont have the time to complete the event.

I just dropped a mythlc talisman soul and pulled a blue T2 with MR augement. If I spent money on that I would have been quite upset. The game is designed like a lottery a few get lucky while the majority get the goose egg.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Like most games with in app purchases, this one too is designed to be a money grabber machine. The thing is that RNG is extremely unfair, and like things are, most fresh accounts get a boost in scoring newest characters, while old players so rarely get a chance on a new character through event souls or other packs. This is why I stopped chasing the wind with that game. It will be annoying that I will not be able to compete in the top levels of arena etc, but I will not allow myself to get upset by a mobile game. This company is not trustworthy in its game politics at all, in my personal opinion, and they have proved it numerous times.
    However, a big thanks to those who decide to spend, because those keep the game live for us non-spenders.
    We get so near, yet so far away
    We were meant to fight another day

trooper206-9991

OS
    Android
    Sad part is if the return for the money was there I wouldn't mind spending 20$ a month, unfortunately the return is absolutely not there as I have just completely proven to myself.

The banner packs are a good idea yeah but if you only increase the possibility of getting the specific character 1% and the rest of the rules for souls apply than it isn't a good item. The fact I got 3 or 4 sets of talisman is probably the most annoying part about it. Since that should be the same "rarity" of a drop as the character itself.

And something that just occurred to me.... ya know those banner packs say an exclusive chance at whatever talisman (all sub-types). Shouldn't that mean if it is a gunner set of 5 talisman I should be getting 15 talisman not 5?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by drrchmnd View Post
    Sad part is if the return for the money was there I wouldn't mind spending 20$ a month, ...
    If you want to spend a little money on something that actually has value, get the 7-day time boost for $2.99 and the 30-day Ironite pack for $9.99

That's $21.95 a month, and it will increase the amount of time you can play, per-day, EVERY day, without draining your Ironite.

And something that just occurred to me.... ya know those banner packs say an exclusive chance at whatever talisman (all sub-types). ...
    Exclusive chance means "no other soul drops this talisman"
    Last edited by Ydex; 12-31-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Exclusive chance means "no other soul drops this talisman"
    Yes yes... but its the (all sub types) that I am getting at. Cause if it is a gunner talisman that means there are technically 3 variations of the talisman. So that should mean if it is a 5 talisman set you should get 15 talisman not 5.

OS
    Android

Arrow

Yes yes... but its the (all sub types) that I am getting at. Cause if it is a gunner talisman that means there are technically 3 variations of the talisman. So that should mean if it is a 5 talisman set you should get 15 talisman not 5.
    No, it means that you can get any sub type, not all sub types, all sub types are available.
    Last edited by Mateja; 12-31-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateja View Post
    No, it means that you can get any sub type, not all sub types, all sub types are available.
    that is what you get yes... but like a lot of things around here the wording in the description (or the intent) isn't very good. A literal interpretation of it is you should get the set with all sub types. It should however say something like this... one set of "X#" of "X talisman" of a single sub type. (all sub types are available). Or something like that... am i splitting hares... figuratively yes....

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    the 30-day Ironite pack for $9.99
    Oh yeah, easy to forget that one exists. Slow, but guaranteed ironite.
    Azagthor-0732