Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    They have yet to hit a happy medium....

The Xmas event.. REQUIRED grinding for the possibility of all the characters... You could not purchase frags past a certain amount. If you were lucky, you might have gotten all the characters from the frag purchases. Or subsequent souls garnered from grinding. You were guaranteed at least 1 of every frag option if you purchased all the frags you could.. so the highlighted Eddie was a guarantee if you purchased enough. But there was absolutely no guarantee anyone would get any other character. The guarantee was only for ONE character in each frag set.. and since frag sets contained more then one character.. it was random. I didn't get the gunner ghost. Nothing I can do about that. After two weeks of grinding and 4 tries with the frags.. I gave up.

The Dark Omen even REQUIRES purchase (most likely) to get all the characters. But it also guarantees all the characters at a certain purchase amount (typically around $200 US).

What they need.. is the Xmas event style with changes.... Allow purchase to a point, and then one must grind.... BUT.. and this is IMPORTANT... STOP putting multiple event characters in the same frags. It is nothing short of infuriating to grind for two weeks and see the same character drop repeatedly out of a poole of ONLY 2 characters. That's NOT a 50/50 chance. It's borderline abusive. Either split the characters into their own frags.. or implement some sort of mechanism to toggle which character drops... if Character A dropped last time for UserX, then Character B should drop next for UserX.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Well I got 7 of the 10 souls, and as expected 3* crap. To be honest I don't mind these events.

They used to bother me, but I figure there's no way they're getting $200 from me for a few mobile game characters. So this gives me a break and time to work on achievements and actually try out some of the characters that I already have from the past few crazy grind months.

I'm actually enjoying the game for the first time in a while, as long as I avoid Arena, feels like a clone nightmare in there. Every team is either VHE with moonchild, or BHE with moonchild.

I'm still keeping my week team up for all those chasing those 10 3* dupe crap souls.

So ya f*ck this money grab event and enjoy the game again...

Up the Irons.

OS
    Android
    The Halloween and the Christmas events were the best, IMO.
    I got all the characters from both events.

Even though your phone is taken hostage by grinding endlessly, it's still more worth it than outright spending $100+.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    The Xmas event.. REQUIRED grinding for the possibility of all the characters... You could not purchase frags past a certain amount. If you were lucky, you might have gotten all the characters from the frag purchases. Or subsequent souls garnered from grinding. You were guaranteed at least 1 of every frag option if you purchased all the frags you could.. so the highlighted Eddie was a guarantee if you purchased enough.
    I might be remembering this wrong, but I didn't think you could buy Scrooge. The $20/30(regional pricing) fragment packs contained 1,500 possessed snowman fragments each, but you needed 2,500 fragments for a 10-pack of souls. Which means you could only buy 6 of them. Think there were about 30 souls given out for various rewards and challenges? Which was still only 90 souls over all. Even spending money, you had to grind a little.

The Cyborg event let you buy enough fragments to buy BHE directly, but you still had to grind if you wanted the talisman.

Agree with you about needing to find a happy medium though. Have both grinding and purchasing options be "reasonable" and let the other method speed things up for those who want it.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    You couldn't outright buy scrooge.. but you could buy enough frags to get enough souls to then get Scrooge via those frags. But, I'm also just remembering.. so I won't argue. i could definitely be incorrect. I thought you could buy 10 packs of frags, not 6.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I have given up trying to be in the top tier. I know I will not have every toon/talis combo and I am comfortable with that. Since the focus of the game went from pay to win to outright pay to compete the appeal has diminished.

With the influx of so many new players who can buy their way to the top in a short time they will lose many long term players who grinded their way through the game. Once the newness of the game wears off they will loss many of those new players who spent money.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    You couldn't outright buy scrooge.. but you could buy enough frags to get enough souls to then get Scrooge via those frags. But, I'm also just remembering.. so I won't argue. i could definitely be incorrect. I thought you could buy 10 packs of frags, not 6.
    You could buy the frag pack 10 times, but I don't think each one gave you enough frags to buy a full 10-pack of souls? I could also be remembering it wrong though, I didn't take any screenshots.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    I love the Scrooge, BHE, VHE, Krampus type events where you work hard but you get a reward. I hate these types of events where you pay to get the character. If we can earn 100 fragments, and Madam Fortune is 500, then that is 900 iron rite for 100 fragments. Thus, I would need to spend 3600 Ironrite to get her and Plague Doctor. I don't know how people accumulate so much Ironrite in this game. Every month I buy the $9.99 daily iron rite. Once in a while I will spend a little money for a bulk of Ironrite. But with the New Years special, $60 gets you 3000 Ironrite. So, these characters are costing somewhere between $70-$100 total. So, it becomes a pay to win sadly, except for the people who are lucky enough to roll the 10 souls to get one of them. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. It seems crazy to spend that amount of money for characters. These characters are the VHE, BHE and Moonchild counters that we have all wanted--the passive destroyers for the uber passives.

OS
    Android
    With the money it would take to buy all the latest toons & talis for 3 months, a person could have bought an Xbox and 2 or 3 console games, roughly speaking.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    And guess which would give you more fun...