Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I don’t want to be “that guy”, but I just completed the six purchases via fragments alone. I am a very disciplined hoarder though. Something I’ve mentioned in other posts. I didn’t even get into my legendary or mythical souls. Lots of epics, several stacks of rares, lots of five stars from this past four weeks of events, which included damn near twenty five star hearts. I’ve also finally got around to burning through daily dungeon keys, so I had over a full stack of precious souls. I will also take the time and open all petty souls. Spending in store just screws yourself. Far better rewards sacrificing nine two stars and one three star. Tedious as hell, I know, but worth it in the long run.

It’s been stated many times that resource management is the key. Same goes with all this awakening business. I could awaken a lot more than I have, but unless that character becomes an end all, be all character, I don’t get in a rush. Hell, I don’t have one maxed LoL, but that’s because I hate those characters. Granted, I have maxed Cyborg, Lilith and Lucifer, so I’m not hurting on teams to get things done. And yes, I drop money on the game, but I’m still stingy as hell with any and all resources, and never try to leave myself short in any area.

On that note, it’s been so long since there has been a toon I need in Heroics that I’m sitting on tens of thousands of fragments and stacks of rare, lengendary and mythic souls. They really need to be putting in characters that you can’t get anywhere, like the passive Eddies, instead of the same ol crap you can actually pull from a normal soul. I could probably pull another 7500 frags from those souls alone.
    Last edited by Saigrim; 01-13-2020 at 04:10 AM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    This does seem a bit egregious. I can’t imagine there is a player out there with enough resources to hit this goal via sacrifices. Probably only a handful can get there including the 3 ironite shards.
    I did.. I didn't buy any frags or ironite and didn't spend ironite on anything.......

BUT... get this..

I used every mythical frag I had (which was a lot) to get 5 star characters.. powered them up to level 100 and then used over 300 skill shards on the character I was going to sacrifice. This let me pull a couple 100K+ essence sacrifices/vortex fills which doubled the rewards.....So I got away with 10 vortex fills I think, maybe 9. I just happened to have been sitting on 500+ skill shards with nowhere to use them, and a ton of mythical frags...... skill shards boost sac value for anyone unaware.

I seriously doubt many players will have ~300 skill shards to throw on characters they are sacrificing, assuming they have the characters. Without the skill shards.... I MIGHT have made it eventually.

All this did cost over 15 mil gold as well.

There is a week to complete all 12 vortex fills.. but that still seems very costly to me. It would appear they are specifically setting the occult items out of reach for 99.9% of the player base.

So.. I now have Max Awakened Alchemist.. tried him in PvP.. nope.. not better than what I'm using.. so... yeah... there's that as well.

I am up roughly 1000 ironite from the vortex rewards as well.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-13-2020 at 04:07 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Well I stand corrected - folks are pulling it off but at an enormous cost. This begs the question is max awakened alchemist worth it? Also - what other characters will need these oxcult shards?

OS
    iOS
    I was able to get to 7,500 via sacrifice. I converted a lot of class specific regular souls into Precious Souls to get a ton of gold and few 5 star hearts, but the gold offset the cost of event. Dumped a lot of regular heroic souls too. But months of hoarding souls was for a situation like this. I can’t get any new characters from souls, everything is a dupe, so I don’t need to open anything. It was a good opportunity to dump a lot of souls and start saving up again...

OS
    iOS
    Wow, Yup. You didn’t need to do all that, and to be honest, I don’t think I did more than seven full vortex’s. There’s a lot of frags to be gained on the path to a vortex. Most of my sacrifices were ten four star characters which puts you just shy of a level six sacrifice for max rewards. I’ve never used skills shards for sacrificing either. Even though I too have over 500 of the damn things. When I want a level seven sacrifice, I just level up four five star characters and the rest are unleveled four star, and maybe a heart if needed to push it over.
    Saigrim-3244

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Well I stand corrected - folks are pulling it off but at an enormous cost. This begs the question is max awakened alchemist worth it? Also - what other characters will need these oxcult shards?
    Probably none, which means they’ll probably sit in my inventory. Not a big Alchemist user, but should he all of the sudden become the Golden Child, I’ll be ready.
    Saigrim-3244

OS
    iOS
    Well 4 5stars with skill shards is a tier 7. I am not a fan of the tedium in the smaller tier sacs. Hate spending 3-4 hrs doing that .

Skill shards were just sitting there anyway.. I still have over 200... and they'll build up again before I need any. .

I do have enough Alchemist frags for 4 more of them... but I just can't see awakening more than one... heck even using more than 1 at a time is a stretch. And, well, .. picked up another alchemy talisman set and talisman keys.. so that's good.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-13-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I could drop enough souls to earn all the frags needed, but I dont have enough awakening materials to level to 5*. I still need to awaken the little fellow and cyborg. I am hoping that the occult shards will be available in awakening souls. It's hard to determine what to fully awaken, especially since prisoner and horus are coming along with who know what else.

They just keep amping up the arms race with no end in sight. Maybe be we will see a full disarmament somevmaddening day.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I did pick up one of the Beast awaking things somewhere.. so I had 7... it MUST have come from an awakening soul.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Will "Occult Awakening Shard" be put in "Awakening soul" in the future?