Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    Yeah glad to see people getting Ramesses
    You're the master of 1-line comments

Yeah it's nice to have the next Ed for the collection. So we see a Tour, Ed-Hunter, Fawk, Lone Star and Sirius dungeon aswell?

BTW the powerslave key brought me to 297/300 runs with Ramesses! Nooooo! So again only 51 runs with that key, damn!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    You're the master of 1-line comments
    Thanks for that
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    FYI:
    - the powerslave dungeon key is in the frontier shop, same prize as during the event. No bad surprise this time!
    - if you claim a soul and open it, it costs 50k and gives 1x 1* gold idle (selling price 50k) and the 200 frags back. Perfect cycle.

I decided to take the T1 Nomand cosmic. Better than nothing or the few precious frags.
    Now I run one last key in the powerslave dungeon to finish the 300 ramesses runs. After that I can finally get the tallis back to other characters.

Concluding remark:
    In general it was a nice idea to have an event to introduce a new permanent dungeon. Personally, I don't like these 2 hour dungeons (or even longer), I'd prefer 1 hour for more flexibility to use the phone for phone stuff. Difficulty was very high in the beginning, the tuning of the nasty last wave was highly appreciated. At least one free key to start with to have time to get to know the dungeon and to work on strategies would have been really cool. Maybe let this very first key just run for 1 hour or so if you are very stingy. The reward system was great with all the smaller steps. Event duration was a bit short for me. I tried to get the 10k frags and used almost all free time (in a rather busy weekend), but could not reach it although I wanted to spend the ironite for hitting the 10k. One (or two) days more would not hurt anyone.
    A big thanks to the community - again a great work and many helping players to find good strategies for that dungeon!
    Technically, keep in mind it costs 100 gold to create the soul, so every time you do the loop you are losing 100 gold.

Also, from my perspective (similar to what Discordian posted earlier) I was kind of pissed off about the retuning. Not only did we spend lots of time and resources fine tuning a team to clear it in a reasonable time, but the retuning actually hurt my times causing me to redo the work I already did so I could fine tune it back to the time I already had worked out.

I can understand tuning it down so more people have access to the event, but like Disco said... Do the work BEFORE you release the event. Next, I would rather see the event be a bit hard, a bit challenging... then a few weeks later, release a detuning patch to make it easier for regular farming. This is how the Labyrinth Dungeon was handled. Was I a bit upset that I put in the effort to completely clear all the challenges and then have the dungeon nerfed hard? sure, but I made that choice knowing it was likely to happen and I enjoyed the frustration of figuring out the puzzle. Now, the Labyrinth dungeon is a key farming location so I completely understand the nerf. Same with the Powerslave dungeon, but I think it could have been handled better.

OS
    Android
    Concluding remark:
    In general it was a nice idea to have an event to introduce a new permanent dungeon.
    The reward system was great with all the smaller steps. Event duration was a bit short for me.
    Was nice having an event for this, but please include them in the Event Calendar in the future, so we can better plan how to spend our ironite and time. Duration certainly felt a bit short too, especially for the character-exclusive cosmic rewards.

The reward system was really cool, with clear milestones and multiple small goals to reach. With every 10 runs giving something, it felt doable, and you were constantly rewarded for every bit of extra effort you put in, with larger payouts every 25, 50, and 100 runs. Contrast that with the current character fragment event, where the two fragments challenges are for 250 and 2,500 fragments. It's a huge jump between the two, and you have to fully commit without knowing you'll be able to make it. The Powerslave system encouraged you to keep going with guaranteed rewards and pacing. Was still a long grind for people who wanted to get everything, but there were plenty of rewards for everyone and multiple drop-out points, and encouragements to continue. Not sure how difficult it was to set up and balance, but hopefully we'll see more of it in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    Technically, keep in mind it costs 100 gold to create the soul, so every time you do the loop you are losing 100 gold.
    Probably not worth it, but if you're close to one of those "Claim X Souls from Fragments" achievements, and you absolutely can't wait...

Also, from my perspective (similar to what Discordian posted earlier) I was kind of pissed off about the re-tuning. Not only did we spend lots of time and resources fine tuning a team to clear it in a reasonable time, but the retuning actually hurt my times causing me to redo the work I already did so I could fine tune it back to the time I already had worked out.

I can understand tuning it down so more people have access to the event, but like Disco said... Do the work BEFORE you release the event. Next, I would rather see the event be a bit hard, a bit challenging... then a few weeks later, release a detuning patch to make it easier for regular farming. This is how the Labyrinth Dungeon was handled. Was I a bit upset that I put in the effort to completely clear all the challenges and then have the dungeon nerfed hard? sure, but I made that choice knowing it was likely to happen and I enjoyed the frustration of figuring out the puzzle. Now, the Labyrinth dungeon is a key farming location so I completely understand the nerf. Same with the Powerslave dungeon, but I think it could have been handled better.
    You know I love you both, and I wouldn't be able to do half the things I now can in this game without the patient advice you've both offered me and many others. If we didn't have people like you able to solve those initial near-impossible pre-nerf puzzles, what hope would the rest of us have?

It is a tricky problem though, and despite being someone who would not have been able to beat the dungeon before the nerf, I understand where you're coming from. If our places were swapped, and I'd spent a lot of time and resources only to have everything change a couple of days later, I'd be somewhat put out too. The challenge wasn't broken, it was just aimed at the 1%. But when so many people were struggling, the devs are put in the position of deciding who they want to upset, and the option that allows them to sell ironite to the highest number of people will often win. It is a little concerning how often this happens though, with dungeons (both frontier and event) requiring nerfing only a couple of days after launch. Not quite sure how they test these dungeons, or if they're able to see what percentages of players have access to the various teams needed to beat those pre-nerf versions? When nerfs are needed though, as opposed to reducing the difficulty weeks/months later to aid farming, the sooner the better. Wait too long, and there will be more players in your situation, and less time for everyone else to catch up in time-limited events.

Perhaps if there were two difficulty levels in the dungeon, or if it wasn't tied to a short event with character-exclusive rewards, or the long awaited source of blue 3* evo shard, this may not have been such a problem? Blade's suggestion of offering an introductory "free key" with the launch of each new frontier dungeon is another good suggestion. Allowing players to more accurately gauge the level of difficulty and make informed decisions before having to spend resources on keys is always good thing. Would need a significant UI overhaul, but having a way to look into each dungeon, and only using a key when you start the first battle could achieve this?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    I remember when i was in your position and being "annoyed" at all the 1% who always said how easy the stuff was or whatever. I wanted to be sure that when i got into the 1% I wouldnt forget how hard it is for the rest. I try to post alternative options when I suggest teams or talisman that are harder to get. Still, I find myself losing touch with the struggling lower players. I was irritated with the "randomness" of the sacred talisman on the final wave* adding tons of time to some runs and not others. Otherwise, I didnt think this was a difficult dungeon and it never occured to me that anyone was really struggling with even clearing it. Honestly, while I figured it would eventually get a detune for farming purposes, I was truly shocked that they released an emergency nerf patch.

SO I guess I have officially lost touch... sorry guys. I'll continue to try to suggest "easier access" options for teams when I can and keep in mind how huge the power gap really is between the haves and have-nots.

*Sacred Talisman need a SERIOUS rework. They are insanely powerful for a 2 set, they have WAY too many options for what they trigger, and on top of that none of the options are actually listed or described in anyway. This is EXACTLY the perfect example of complete shit communication that we players hate and desperately want to be corrected. There NEEDS to be better descriptions of abilities and effects in this game. For instance... Did anyone know that one of Sacred's options is a direct heal of an unknown amount to a random ally? That is how Moonchild is getting random heals when he clearly shouldnt.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    SO I guess I have officially lost touch... sorry guys. I'll continue to try to suggest "easier access" options for teams when I can and keep in mind how huge the power gap really is between the haves and have-nots.
    I don't write often but I read the forums everyday. All I can say is many of you guys (and I don't want to name everyone cause I'd fear to forget some) are very, very helpful. You help us understand things and always give helpful advice. But I think one thing that might help the "disconnect" is the relics. If I'm not mistaken having all relics give you +180% Health, +120% Attack/Magic, +80% Def/MR and +65% Fury. This is easily forgettable and even though the player might have all the right characters/talismans being under par for those relics can make a world of difference between "easy" and "crazy". For me, these are the tougher thing to get cause you can get IC almost only by playing PvP which isn't the priority when you start playing this game. Well, only my 2 cents and again, thank you all for being the ones showing us the right path.
    Bobby2613-8511 / Order of Eld

Current champion: Gambler Eddie

I play all my troopers everyday. Champion Eddie prefered