Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier - January 16th 2020

Welcome Troopers, to this week's Updates from the News Frontier!

This week saw our Game Update on January 14th which included the Powerslave Frontier Dungeon, the Newly Awakenable character Horus, 8 new Achievements, Compendium Updates and the addition of Lamia, Reaper Boss to the Book of Souls character pool.

We also released our first State of the Nation last week as well as our January tuning notes which you can find at these links if you missed them!

January Preliminary Tuning notes

January 2020 State of the Nation

The Powerslave Dungeon

This week we added the Powerslave Dungeon where you can complete Dungeon Achievements to earn Pharaoh Ramesses Eddie. Along with this release we added a 6 day event to give you a chance to earn Powerslave Awakening Materials and 2 character specific Talismans, the Horus Cosmic Talisman and the Nomad Cosmic Talisman.

After completing the dungeon for the first time, you will receive a set of rewards including a Legendary Soul, Talisman Soul Fragments and more. Completions after this will reward Evo Shards as well as a chance at Eternity and Fortune Talismans. Completing the Dungeons 5 Achievements will earn you a fully skill sharded Special Edition of Pharaoh Eddie.

Hotfix Incoming

With consideration of your feedback regarding the newly released Powerslave Dungeon and it’s limited accessibility, we have released a hotfix to help improve this. In addition to providing 3 free Powerslave Frontier Key Souls, we have reduced the difficulty of the final wave of enemies. We hope this will allow for more opportunities to claim victory in this exciting new dungeon. See full hotfix details here.

If you haven’t had the chance already, be sure to visit the Event tab in the store to claim your free keys. They will be available until January 20th at 4pm PT;.

The Compendium

We have added more functionality to the Compendium with more to come in future updates. Here are some of the features added with this update.

• New characters will have a ‘New’ tag appear on their profile image
    • Players can now filter by newly added characters, talismans and effects
    • The Character page can now filter by rarity, class and Eddie/Ally. We also have filters for Awakenable and Special Edition Characters.
    • Talisman page can now filter by set sizes and class.
    • Status Effect page can now filter by Effect colours.
    • Added a ‘Where to Find’ section to character pages
    • Added Max stats to character and talisman pages
    • Power abilities now state the Power cost
    • Performance and styling improvements.

We want this resource to evolve with the players needs. So if you have any features you would like to see added or improved, please let us know in this thread!

That’s it for the Weekly Update,

Signing off

Ceeg

OS
    Android
    The new Compendium is NICE. The filtering, e.g. "Sentinel, Ally" is priceless.

I feel that the #1 missing feature is TALISMAN SLOTS on the character pages. What can they equip? It's very important to know!

Next would be the characters Awakened skills. Followed by an improved "which characters have this effect," plus adding which Talismans have the effect.
    Last edited by Ydex; 01-16-2020 at 11:46 PM.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    I've been "out of the loop" since yesterday. If this was a "server push" why is the app update in Play Store? At 103 MB, I don't have enough space to install on my tablet!
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    The problem with making a dungeon easier halfway through the event is that those of us who spent time figuring out the original, more difficult form of the dungeon and did all the achievements for it are now out resources we might otherwise have held onto.

It's too late to consider this for the Powerslave dungeon and event of course. But developers, c'mon - can't you guys beta test these dungeons a little bit and see if your playtesters can beat it reliably by the end of the 2 hours with a test key? If not, or if it takes unreasonably long, perhaps adjust it so that it's easier before half of us have completed all the goals for it. That way, it doesn't feel like a complete ripoff when everybody gets keys (which are now unnecessary, and we already paid for) and an easier dungeon (thus meaning we'd have spent less gold / FC in the first place).

Just something for the development team to think about. This was among the harder dungeons, but it could be done on autowin without much trouble. I don't see why it needed an adjustment. But this isn't the first key dungeon to be nerfed after some of us had already been running it - how about doing proper playtesting ahead of time?
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    I clicked on the "3 free key package" but an error window popped up and I didn't received the keys. I restarted the game and the package is gone and no keys in my inventory.
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    I've been "out of the loop" since yesterday. If this was a "server push" why is the app update in Play Store? At 103 MB, I don't have enough space to install on my tablet!
    Hi there kkkreg5,

The update noted in the Hotfix notes is a server push. Yesterday we also released a small update to the Google Play Store only. The update you are seeing there has no gameplay impacts and is meant to meet upcoming requirements from Google.

Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    I clicked on the "3 free key package" but an error window popped up and I didn't received the keys. I restarted the game and the package is gone and no keys in my inventory.
    WTF?
    Hi URock!

If those keys still aren't showing up, be sure to open up a support ticket. Our team can help you there.

OS
    iOS
    I love the compendium... One thing I find is missing though - upgrade materials and where to get them. Any chance of some additional info like that?

For example I find myself wondering the best place to farm for 2* evo runes for upgrading cosmics. Ive been mucking around in several places, but some info as to the best location(s) even if not in highly accurate descriptions but only general, would be awesome!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Really like how you're now using the full fancy talisman images on their individual Compendium pages now. Although all the talisman stats seem to be quite wrong at the moment, something must have gone wrong when you transferred the data into the tables?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Could you please start to work on the problem of storage? Each update only brings more and more Data, bloating the app. I'm now at 3 GB and actually I don't want to reinstall the App after each update.