Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    If you aren't looking at Arena and Gauntlet, sure, Moonchild isn't an issue because you won't encounter him anywhere. However, there are a few issues on that end as well. Moonchild's design has affected how the devs have been actively changing the game as a whole. For instance, The Alchemist's Awakened passive. This ability is solely balanced around the idea of countering characters like Moonchild; disabling Labyrinth talismans and inflicting passive disable. Rather than have interesting mechanics similar to Oni Eddie's Empowered sword, we got something that is very niche in design. True, talisman disable is really interesting, but it's still very specific in its uses. The devs have seemingly focused away from actually interesting new things in the game in order to fix the problem that is Moonchild. His release has caused a rift across the entire game. In addition, there are characters that are better for farming than Moonchild if you really need him to get through frontier dungeons.

OS
    iOS
    Some really great points raised here and I largely agree with them all - some ace ideas on points systems for example. It may be a step too far - what is top tier, middle, bottom etc that will take ages to figure out as it changes on each new character release.

I still largely feel that nerfs are not of any use at all unless something is broken. I do not think Moonchild is broken - he does what he is supposed to. For me if players spend a lot of time/resources/real money to get him top top tier awajen then they should not in any way suffer from a nerf. Mine is not there yet but is one step away. if I spent all my gold and ironite or awaken souls to get him to the top then he should stay as he is, all powers in tact and no nerf at all. That goes for any character that is out p do not nerf unless they are actually broken in some way as that is fraud to me. Why pay all that resources out just to lose its worth? It makes no sense at all even if, like now I am on the receiving end in arena if I face off against him at full awaken, or Best for that matter - they are both doing what they were designed to do and will eventually face a new character or talisman that stops them being the must have....that is the way of this game to me. Power spread week after week, character after character and tally after tally - it cannot or will not change.

I know how much time and effort I spent getting Lucy and Lilly - if they were nerfed I would be annoyed as spent ages and resources getting them. In no way should any of these characters be nerfed - in fact I agree with some that Lucy needs buffed - he is not that great at the moment.

I also think the game loot needs revised up the way - we need to see increases in sands coming out way to catch up with the massive rise in sands commitments required to play. Same for awaken drops and ironite drops - both need to be boosted in line with changing game requirements - as others have said, it is the same for slots for tallies and characters - they need to increase each month to keep up with what is being put out each month. That is just so basic a requirement and cant believe it takes this long to address.

I generally like the inclusion of all of the different dungeons. These test skills and rosters and also often help to use old allies - I think we could go further down the line and make really tough limits on them though - 1 star based for example, 2 star and so on as then everyone is more likely to be able to have a chance at them. One other thought I had on making them different is to have different routes to victory - not sure we have seen that yet but have a routing in the dungeon - maybe two routes or three that trigger based on doing something in a certain way or by using a certain approach. For example if we can use a points system - have an easier route for lower points based teams and then a route for mid level and so on - so kind of like normal/medium/hard but giving different options in the same dungeon - it could be using an all magus team does something or a certain talisman - might be too complicated though but I see something like a normal level being maybe a 1 star team based thing, then a 2 star etc - some class or star limits kind of like Gangland for example. Maybe link this to awakening - have variants of each dungeon and have each one tied to a awakening brick colour and only that colour?

Anyway, the main thing for me is there are less server issues - that was a pain in the ass and for me it is mostly a load better than it was.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Remember when they put in the Eternal Dungeon? That’s what most of us on my server assume it was.

OS
    iOS
    Glad to see a post like this. I agree with just about all of it.

I want to talk a bit about Awakening. I like the potential it has to make older characters relevant again. I was delighted to hear Horus was joining the club as I once used him constantly. He was a valuable ally in Night City but newer and more OP characters came along. So I'm glad to see him ascend.

However, here's the problem. I've awakened several characters but I haven't gone past the first awakening with any of them. I could if I put my mind to it, but it's SO much grinding, SO much ironite and SO much gold to pull it off. Plus, after the excitement of the first upgrade, the second Awakening is usually just a small stat boost. Seriously? I know that once you max out, you can get some insane abilities but come on. If I'm going to spend millions of gold and melt my phone trying to get those damn one-star awakening shards, I need more than just a little jump in ATK. The process needs to be scaled better, imo.

As far as Moonchild goes, he can be infuriating in the arena but my Moonchild is also kicking some serious ass in Gauntlet, so I'm not sure I want him nerfed too hard.

Clans are nice. Even if they never got upgraded, it's a welcome stream of currency that you can get some pretty awesome stuff with.

I actually like most of the events. Most. I really don't care for the "spend all your resources" events. The "grind 24/7 for weeks to get a palette-swapped Eddie" ones are iffy too, although I really enjoy seeing new dungeons. On that note, the Frontier key dungeons are okay. Most of them are too aggravating to run hundreds of times but once in a while, sure.

For the love of God, please do something about the ioS issues. Having people locked out for hours after a new update is fuckin' ridiculous. And I'm sorry, I don't really buy the idea that it's 100% Apple's fault.

On the whole, I enjoy the game very much. It can be aggravating but it's still a lot of fun. Up the irons.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Some really great points raised here and I largely agree with them all - some ace ideas on points systems for example. It may be a step too far - what is top tier, middle, bottom etc that will take ages to figure out as it changes on each new character release.

I still largely feel that nerfs are not of any use at all unless something is broken. I do not think Moonchild is broken - he does what he is supposed to. For me if players spend a lot of time/resources/real money to get him top top tier awajen then they should not in any way suffer from a nerf. Mine is not there yet but is one step away. if I spent all my gold and ironite or awaken souls to get him to the top then he should stay as he is, all powers in tact and no nerf at all. That goes for any character that is out p do not nerf unless they are actually broken in some way as that is fraud to me. Why pay all that resources out just to lose its worth? It makes no sense at all even if, like now I am on the receiving end in arena if I face off against him at full awaken, or Best for that matter - they are both doing what they were designed to do and will eventually face a new character or talisman that stops them being the must have....that is the way of this game to me. Power spread week after week, character after character and tally after tally - it cannot or will not change.

I know how much time and effort I spent getting Lucy and Lilly - if they were nerfed I would be annoyed as spent ages and resources getting them. In no way should any of these characters be nerfed - in fact I agree with some that Lucy needs buffed - he is not that great at the moment.

I also think the game loot needs revised up the way - we need to see increases in sands coming out way to catch up with the massive rise in sands commitments required to play. Same for awaken drops and ironite drops - both need to be boosted in line with changing game requirements - as others have said, it is the same for slots for tallies and characters - they need to increase each month to keep up with what is being put out each month. That is just so basic a requirement and cant believe it takes this long to address.

I generally like the inclusion of all of the different dungeons. These test skills and rosters and also often help to use old allies - I think we could go further down the line and make really tough limits on them though - 1 star based for example, 2 star and so on as then everyone is more likely to be able to have a chance at them. One other thought I had on making them different is to have different routes to victory - not sure we have seen that yet but have a routing in the dungeon - maybe two routes or three that trigger based on doing something in a certain way or by using a certain approach. For example if we can use a points system - have an easier route for lower points based teams and then a route for mid level and so on - so kind of like normal/medium/hard but giving different options in the same dungeon - it could be using an all magus team does something or a certain talisman - might be too complicated though but I see something like a normal level being maybe a 1 star team based thing, then a 2 star etc - some class or star limits kind of like Gangland for example. Maybe link this to awakening - have variants of each dungeon and have each one tied to a awakening brick colour and only that colour?

Anyway, the main thing for me is there are less server issues - that was a pain in the ass and for me it is mostly a load better than it was.
    Agree with all. Above all about Moonchild. I'm fighting my way in arena with a non maxed Moonchild an I can't wait for him to be fully awakened. If when I get it they are going to nerfe him, you bet I'll feel really frustrated and angry. I'm sure there's a lot of players in my situation.
    Too much resources wasted awakening a character to see him nerfed.
    And that takes me to the other point. It would be greatly appreciated if the devs put events to gain gold. Awakening a char is too expensive. That's the reason why I can't fully awaken my Moonchild and my Cyborg Eddie.
    Thanks for reading and sorry for my English.
    Up the Irons 🤘