Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Gunner Caria, Woman in Uniform

Name:  Caria-Event-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  282.2 KB

Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4⭐ character!

From now until January 23rd, 4 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Gunner Caria Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4⭐Caria, Woman in Uniform!

Caria, Woman in Uniform joins the cast as a new 4⭐Gunner in Legacy of the Beast. Caria never leaps into combat without making all necessary preparations. She automatically starts with full Power and Fury, and gains Perfect Trap for the duration of battle. She is also able to remove Shield and invincibility effects, and inflict Perfect Death and Heal Block to enemies!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Gunner Caria Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

This Fragment event will also feature 3 Event Challenges that will reward various Frontier Key Souls, XP Shards + MORE.

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS:
    Trade extra Fragments or Common Souls for additional rewards in the Event Store!

During this event the following additions have been made to the store:

3⭐ Viper Talismans (Fierce) x1 (300 Gunner Caria Fragments, 5 per event)
    3⭐ Viper Talismans (Safeguard) x1 (300 Gunner Caria Fragments, 5 per event)
    3⭐ Viper Talismans (Skilled) x1 (300 Gunner Caria Fragments, 5 per event)
    3⭐ T1 Red Cosmic Cyborg Talisman x1 (1250 Gunner Caria Fragments, 1 per event)
    3⭐ T2 Red Cosmic Cyborg Talisman x1 (2500 Gunner Caria Fragments, 1 per event)
    3⭐ T3 Red Cosmic Cyborg Talisman x1 (5000 Gunner Caria Fragments, 1 per event)
    Talisman Soul Fragments x50 (250 Gunner Caria Fragments, 10 per event)
    Epic Talisman Soul Fragments x50 (500 Gunner Caria Fragments, 10 per event)
    Legendary Talisman Soul Fragments x50 (750 Gunner Caria Fragments, 10 per event)
    Frontier Coins x50 (200 Lilith Fragments, 3 per event)
    T1 Evo Rune x1 (250 Common Souls, 4 per event)
    Iron Coins x125 (125 Common Souls, 8 per event)
    Skill Shard x1 (175 Common Souls, 3 per event)
    Skill Shard x1 (10 Rare Souls, 5 per event)

CYBORG TALISMANS ARE BACK! For those who missed them in November, trade Caria fragments for character specific Cosmic Cyborg Talismans! These talismans provide exclusive bonuses to either Bounty Hunter Eddie or a fully Awakened Cyborg Eddie.

When equipped these Talismans increase all stats in battle and reduce incoming damage. They also grant a random offensive effect to the wearer for 2 turns and inflict Passive Disable on an enemy for 1 turn when the enemy heals. Finally, this set will also grant Immunity to Sleep and Perfect Sleep to all allies.

In addition to this, for the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

• Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5⭐ Lilith!
    • All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4⭐ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Caria, Woman in Uniform:

• Get a FREE 10 Caria, Woman in Uniform Fragments to start you off!
    • Grab the “Gunner Experience Pack”! This provides Ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5⭐ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Caria, Woman in Uniform!
    • Grab an additional boost of Gunner Caria Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This Fragment Mega Pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
    • Various talisman packs are also available that work well with Caria, Woman in Uniform, including Light Talismans, as well as a T2 Gold Cosmic Talisman with a Dominance Set Effect!

Light Talismans are yellow Talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to grant Grant Perfect Immortality to all allies every turn for 1 turn. These Talismans also permanently increase a random defensive stat on each ally by 1% whenever you take damage and will heal you for 50% of your MISSING HP when taking damage while below 50% HP.

The T2 Gold Cosmic Talisman with the Dominance set effect gives a 35% Chance to gain a random offensive buff when you take damage. It also has a 50% Chance to Heal for 20% of your Max HP when you take damage.

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Gunner Caria, Woman in Uniform will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit her, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

OS
    Android
    Nice, she looks good!

I might have missed it, but is there an increased frag drop rate in the LoL Frontier Dungeon again this time?

I'm increasingly concerned with how grindy these events are becoming though. It's good that newer players can still get a good character without too much difficulty, the natural sot refreshes were usually enough for me to get them in the past. But all these new and expensive things you've been adding lately is diluting things. Wonderful to have another chance at Vipers and the Cyborg Cosmic, but three days of non-stop grinding, for non-guaranteed drops, is a big ask. Please don't over do it.

And I know it'll be more difficult for you to work out rewards, but could you split up the 2,500 frag spending stretch goal into 10x 250? Huge gap between the two. Really liked how you did that in the Powerslave Frontier launch event, with all the little goals working together.
    Last edited by Azagthor; 01-21-2020 at 12:26 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    The relation between the fragments drop rate and cost of the items in store, and the fact that this is a 2 days event, is absolutely ridiculous.

I got 15 Caria frags with a full refill.
    Last edited by SyTreXx; 01-21-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    Aviv-2226

OS
    Android
    The LoL Frontier Dungeon has increased chances of frag drops (Floor XI to XV) compared to Floor X and below.
    Also in terms of quantity Floor I to X drop 5, 10, or 50 compared to Floor XI to XV which drop 10, 20, or 50 fragments for character event fragments.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_LOTB View Post
    The LoL Frontier Dungeon has increased chances of frag drops (Floor XI to XV) compared to Floor X and below.
    Also in terms of quantity Floor I to X drop 5, 10, or 50 compared to Floor XI to XV which drop 10, 20, or 50 fragments for character event fragments.
    Awesome, thanks Ruby!

Will use this as an excuse to pop a couple of LoL Keys
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Why is she named Caria? Is that just a name made up by the developers or is it related to the song or one of the girls with Eddie on the original album cover? It’s one of my favorite songs and there are specific names in the song, but not this one. So I’m curious.
    Last edited by RobG-9641; 01-21-2020 at 03:49 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Why is she named Caria? Is that just a name made up by the developers or is it related to the song or one of the girls with Eddie on the original album cover? It’s one of my favorite songs and there are specific names in the song, but not this one. So I’m curious.
    This!

Also, did the servers just do a reboot? I got kicked with a MACL11 and said I had to restart....
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Was wondering about that when January's events were revealed. There are some differences in the lyrics between the original song and Maiden's cover, but neither mentions a Caria. Didn't have much luck googling either, other than the name of a place in Ancient Greece. Will be interesting to learn the names of the other characters in the cycle, to see if there are any patterns.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_LOTB View Post
    ...but..... 8 SOT vs 35 SOT You'll get 6 times more runs in on LOLX...that 6 times the chance for 50 frags... so... it's a user's call Every run does not drop frags.. it's random. If every run did drop frags, then sure LOL XV.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Anyway you can get enough frags for the toon by running your troopers in X. Personally I needed to grind XV anyway, but 2,500 frags worth is ridiculously excessive of a next step after 250. Think I'll stop at the 3 Powerslave keys.

If there were some intermediate steps I would be in XV all day tomorrow, but no way I'm putting out the SoT to hit 2,500, so why bother?
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic