Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    Android

January 2020, Part 2 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    Android
    Awakenable Gimp and 600 character slots. Best news of 2020 so far! Could you guys start working now on growing beyond 600 slots? . I have a feeling we'll be needing them soon.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Nice change on that Moonchild! It should really help Arena be more interesting again. I hope that Moonchild will just be part of some builds instead of all builds. I still do not see the biggest bug in the game fixed--The Beast with Warlord/Lantern and endless turns. That should be #1 priority IMO.

OS
    Android
    While 100 added inventory slots is a good start, those better be free(like the shards were) and we will quickly grow out of 600 with the rate that characters and talismans are still being added.

Plus I don't see anything about your blatant disregard to colour blind players. You have different artwork for keys, use them instead of these virtually identical images.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 01-23-2020 at 11:58 PM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    While 100 added inventory slots is a good start, those better be free(like the shards were) and we will quickly grow out of 600 with the rate that characters and talismans are still being added.

Plus I don't see anything about your blatant disregard to colour blind players. You have different artwork for keys, use them instead of these virtually identical images.
    Why would they be free? They are expanding your capabilities. You had to buy all the others, you will need to buy these. You have never had to buy space for the shards/runes. seriously...

Also they have always had an answer for color blind people.... its called WORDS. FFS, every damn key, every damn soul, is labeled in the Book of Souls. It takes less than a second to scroll to the key and let it show you the words of what the key is named.

EDIT: I just considered the shards and runes.... im not sure they have names. So I'll give you that, they should add some labeling system for those, perhaps. Although I think the runes at least each have a different symbol on them so you could differentiate that way, but the shards are F'd...

ALSO!!! The moonchild nerf is complete crap, dont be fooled! Aside from the direct moonchild foils (basically Alchemist) there is no advantage to having your power abilities after 7 turns. Here is what you will see... Within the first 7 turns, the 2 teams will be completely dead and all that will be left is a pair of moonchildren staring at each other. Currently, at this point you hit autoplay and maybe you get lucky and pull off a win, but most likely it's a draw. After this nerf... Moonchild can each use their power move. The stun and passive disable from the power move wont do jack, and the cleanse and heal wont do jack.... So congrats, you didnt change a thing!
    Last edited by Natasmai; 01-24-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post

Also they have always had an answer for color blind people.... its called WORDS. FFS, every damn key, every damn soul, is labeled in the Book of Souls. It takes less than a second to scroll to the key and let it show you the words of what the key is named.

EDIT: I just considered the shards and runes.... im not sure they have names. So I'll give you that, they should add some labeling system for those, perhaps. Although I think the runes at least each have a different symbol on them so you could differentiate that way, but the shards are F'd...
    I'm not colorblind but for me the most confusing part is in the Store where you can buy things with fragments. Sometimes, those fragments pictures are the same or are very similar to others. It would be nice for them to add the name of the fragments when you click to purchase the item. Even better, they could add our current frag count to save us a round trip to the BoS. I think this would help everyone.
    Bobby2613-8511 / Order of Eld

Current champion: Gambler Eddie

I play all my troopers everyday. Champion Eddie prefered

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Yes, they always costed. But I can't remember the original price, I think they increased it a lot compared to that. So it's nice to see a reduction there. Still, I would also love to see let's say 25 slots for free as a small "sorry, we have been really late doing this slot increase".
    I am not color blind, but I think we all aren't too happy about the system with the keys and that they look so similar but different than in the e.g. reward screens and that they are in the BoS, which can be very laggy when you have many souls and keys.
    As I said in the other post: A new own place for the keys with a different style than the BoS would be a great solution!
    DUDE! A Book of Souls for souls and a KEYCHAIN for the keys!!! yes please! separate them!

Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    Let me be clear, I couldn't care less about the advantages/disadvantages of Moonie in Arena or anywhere else. My problem is WE spent our resources to completely awaken a character that was sold as is or was. This character is now being changed, devalued to a certain extent. I can't help but feel ripped off...AGAIN!
    I mean, if you spent the resources, then you have gotten some amount of use out of that pre-nerf. I dont see it as an issue. Eventually if you have a toon that can be awakened, you are going to max it out. you just are, we all will. I would rather have a working game I enjoy that complain about spending resources on a detuned character.

Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    My view still stands on Moonchild - nerf bat is not needed. He is not broken. he does what he is supposed to however much of a pain that is. I can see what they did what they did but again it is like some have said - you spend time/money etc to focus on that character because they are strong or at the tip of the current meta and as such they should stay that way and not be nerfed unless they actually break the game in some way - sort of like Beast and his Lanterns/Warlords - that is broken and should be fixed as that was never intended I am sure. Moonchild was intended and he does no cause loops, just really long and boring battles - that wont change much I don't think.
    There is actually an infinite loop with Moonchild + another toon, technically...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby2613-8511 View Post
    I'm not colorblind but for me the most confusing part is in the Store where you can buy things with fragments. Sometimes, those fragments pictures are the same or are very similar to others. It would be nice for them to add the name of the fragments when you click to purchase the item. Even better, they could add our current frag count to save us a round trip to the BoS. I think this would help everyone.
    The frags as a resource is a major pain in the ass! I completely agree with this. Again, they should be able to have a "hover over" effect on the frags that tells you what is needed. Or simply words!
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby2613-8511 View Post
    I've been saying this for a while too. This wouldn't be a difficult addition to add to the game.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    Why would they be free? They are expanding your capabilities. You had to buy all the others, you will need to buy these. You have never had to buy space for the shards/runes. seriously...

Why would they be free? Because they have MASSIVELY expanded the character roster beyond the original intentions of the space. When they realized they needed to expand the evo materials we got that for free. If this expansion had come MONTHS or YEARS ago when it became obvious they had no intention slowing down the influx of characters ago I would have been willling to pay. Now, 100 slots is too little too late.

As for "Slow down and just read". I take it you aren't colour blind. Yes I can read but that is ZERO excuse for having souls/keys that are virtually the same colour. I would love to be able to see at a glance what key I'm looking at instead of waiting for text that takes for ever to show up (and sometimes doesn't which I have opened an unanswered ticket for).

Your response was almost as insensitve as the CS rep I talked to when I first addressed this who said he didn't see a reason they should care about their colour blind players and insulted me on top of that.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Moonchild nerfs are fine; they likely will not change the game as a whole, but still. As for Hell and Cyborg awakening shards, that makes them a hell of a lot easier to get. Now I don't have to worry about using the Hell Awakening shards on beast or prisoner and leaving the other in the dust. Samurai dungeon is expected, which pretty much confirms all passive variant eddies will either get their own dungeon or end up in the Frontier Store. Overall, good changes and nice new content.