Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OS
    Android
    I think the podium is good.
    Players who put time and effort in getting top 3 like to be recognized for that feat. Maybe some don't, but I think it's safe to say that at least most people do.

Your point about making a "podium" for Gauntlet is really good. I'm completely behind the idea!

Ceeg, forward this message up the chain and make it happen, please!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    Also, a few points... Why post the "podium" of arena each week? Make a big deal about it and of course some will start to brag about it. Or, on the other hand, why isnt Gauntlet celebrated in the same way? Quite frankly I agree with the majority here... The only thing it takes to podium arena is LOTS of time. Especially in this miserable meta with moonchild draws and more bugs than I have ever seen. But Gauntlet? That takes a ton of effort, knowledge, planning... that is the real "test" IMHO.

So if you want to post pictures of the Arena podium, why not Gauntlet Podium also?
    While I strongly disagree on the supposed lack of skill needed to rank in Arena, I think you're absolutely right that Gauntlet is even moreso a test of skill, and ought to have its own podium. It takes hours of planning and tons of creativity just to reach top 10 - so reaching top 3 is quite an accomplishment. I don't see why there shouldn't be a podium for Gauntlet just like Arena - anybody who puts in the time and mental energy to tackle either and come out on top should get some recognition.

Hell, even Hitler gave Jesse Owens props when the White House wouldn't... not that I'm making a reductio ad Hitlerum argument about the development team's lack of love for Gauntlet winners... :P
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    iOS
    Honestly, I just wish we all got along decently. By the end of reading the thread, it makes quite a few people seem bad in some form. But as long as I'm kept out of this mess, I'll allow you to keep doing your thing I guess. Maybe some day, we can all be chill together.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    Android
    This is not Candy Crush.
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    iOS
    Just because you CAN hide behind an internet connection and be try to be a bully that doesn't mean you HAVE to treat others that way.

[Edited by Moderation]
    Last edited by Durandal_LOTB; 01-28-2020 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Escalating Harassment
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    "I like all the mixed emotion and anger
    It brings out the animal the power you can feel
    And feeling so high on this much adrenalin
    Excited but scary to believe what we've become"

Rivals yesterday, enemies today and bloodied tomorrow. Rivalries can be exciting, but let's not drown ourselves down a river of bitter feelings. Please be mindful of your fellow Maiden fans. Thank you for your consideration.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."