Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Maybe "cheating" isn't the right word for it. I'm happy with "shitty, dishonorable tactics".

The devs have acknowledged that it's not supposed to work this way, and there are plenty of us who have maxed our Beasts, have our Lanterns and Warlords, and refrain from putting this comco on defense - not because we don't want to win, but because it's just dishonorable to take a win in a situation where the only options are to use sub-par characters to counter (which fail when passively disabled) or to lose to an infinite loop, often after not even getting a turn.

Honor - some people get the concept, and some don't give a damn, and that's honestly disappointing from a gang of people who listen to Iron Maiden - let's think kids; "what would Bruce do"?
    I imagine the first thing he'd do would be not to take this game quite so seriously as you seem to be taking it in this post...

Name:  TMNTHonour.png
Views: 1931
Size:  371.3 KB
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    For shame upon thee
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    let's think kids; "what would Bruce do"?

OS
    Android
    Lol osiris,i love your memes. Hey where u been? I dont see u on the server much anymore

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post
    Lol osiris,i love your memes. Hey where u been? I dont see u on the server much anymore
    It's been busy with real life lately, still alive
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    I think Bruce would say leave that nonsense game and start doing something with real value and purpose!
    Learn an instrument (also singing), do sports (like fencing), have a great "second job" (pilot), and so something social that brings joy to the people (be part of the best band in the world, craft beers, write books and give talks, etc.).

But no illusions - there will only be one Bruce
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    True that Blade! I guess we're all kind of losers in a way for playing the game in the first place. Posting on the forum is like loser squared! Bruce (and the band) would want their game to be a good one though. And as a business person he would likely not like how the game has progressed. He is a perfectionistic and it is examples like this that reveal how imperfect the game is. Although I'm sure he has greater things to care about, as do I...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus-2545 View Post
    True that Blade! I guess we're all kind of losers in a way for playing the game in the first place. Posting on the forum is like loser squared! Bruce (and the band) would want their game to be a good one though. And as a business person he would likely not like how the game has progressed. He is a perfectionistic and it is examples like this that reveal how imperfect the game is. Although I'm sure he has greater things to care about, as do I...
    Ah don't be so hard with us players Ed-Hunter would not exist, if the band would not have some relation to video games!
    For sure the band wants their game to be good - really good! But compared to their status as a band, this game lags behind a bit

As a busines person he (or more the management) might really like how the game has evolved with so many new (and stupid) offers in the shop and more and more expensive dungeons so that people need to buy SoT, especially newer players that want to catch up. BUT the band really does not need that money! And indeed he (/the band) might have a problem to see that the game needs so much attention and time (and often also money) nowadays, so that we all have less time for other things in life. I can only speak for myself, but I saw e.g. a significant decrease in time playing the guitar because of the game.

He being a perfectionist could be seen recently in that small vid about the moveset for the new Eddie, just great to see that love for the details!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    The sad thing is Blade--I've had the same issue. I've added this game to other computer games that I play, and it has come in lieu of time practicing on guitar. I think the wisest thing to do for me is to avoid Arena. That tends to be the biggest time sink of the game right now. I gotta check that video out that you mentioned.

OS
    Android
    I don't remember such a bitching fest when Killer Prime + Warlords was a thing everyone did. Maaaybe I didn't notice it.

In any case, when the patch of 30-Jan-2020 hit, the beast broke. It removed beneficial AND negative effects, didn't apply burns. No extra turns at all with the Lantern + Warlords. Now today 31, a patch was applied aaaand he still does the thing. At most 1 extra turn from the initial healing. So rejoice, I guess?
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.