OS
    Android
    Entertaining
    This is when I stopped using this setup
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by alekos View Post
    it was a difficult challenge but it was fair...
    This is exactly why I have a problem with lame players putting up this particular defense - it's not clever, it's not good, it's just unfair because the game is broken.

JKarras's defense, on the other hand, is incredibly tough - because he (presumably, since there seem to be few female players, apologies if I'm wrong) put together a great concept, probably tuned it a bit, and wound up with something that was incredibly hard to beat - and that with like 3 turns left until draw.

I LOVE taking on difficult defenses that challenge me. I hate dealing with peoples' shitty abuse of bad coding.

Speaking of which, raise your hand if you think that a bug that stops people from making real-money purchases in the store would be allowed to persist for weeks on end... anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    iOS
    Agree 100% with you, and it is ridiculous that this has gone on for so long and that there are so many players out there using this for defense. I just tend to avoid Beast teams.

OS
    Android
    THE POINT OF PEOPLE USING THE BEAST ON DEFENSE IS SO THAT THEY DONT GET ATTACKED. If you attack them and lose, well then they get free points because you are a dumbass. FFS people it isnt hard to fix this problem, just ignore it until they release the patch to fix it.

Next, I personally think that the JKarras defense team is complete SH!T. There is absolutely zero chance that team ever wins a defensive fight. The team isnt even designed to win. All it is meant to do is slow down your progress to a complete crawl while trying to beat it. I can play 15 matches in the time it takes to beat that team. Is it creative? maybe a little bit... I tried it as soon as i got green ghost, but it CANT WIN. So I scrapped it. IMO, it is no better than a Beast defense. It is just dragging out the match times for no purpose other than "Please dont attack me".
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Honestly, people putting this bullshit combo on their defense team are weak players. I totally understand using overpowered combos where they exist - it's part of the game - but this is a glitch that causes the game to crash after 45 minutes if you don't want an autoloss from it if the Beast starts looping. Not an overpowered combo.

I don't get why the devs haven't bothered to fix this, since it's an error with the turn counter. Supposedly, they're professional programmers. Find the if->then conditional in Warlords which grants the extra turn and insert (if turn>10 then no fucking extra turn) into the code.

But moreso, I'd like an answer from the players actually playing this baloney - do you honestly think you've earned the points you're getting taking wins from this shit? It's not like you have a good team, you're exploiting a glitch which forces an autoloss on attackers. Do you get a hard-on from that? It's lame, and just shows that you can't build a good defense without broken toons...

Devs, please step it up on this crappola.

EDIT: Add in broken killer, and you have a non-passive-disabled gunner pope doing nothing:
    Attachment 7571

Seriously, please prioritize fixing this shit over finding new ways to hock colorless XP shard packs for $9.99...
    I see you are showing a picture of my defense set up so I guess you are referring to me being lame...
    The purpose of Deference is to DEFEND and if this is what it takes to defend myself so be it.
    And as you can see from my info when I joint this forum, you can do the math how long I have played the game. Call me old dummy for still playing it but unfortunately I still do.
    And I read a few posts where people give you a hint how to beat a defense like mine, you should read them.
    With a couple of Eternal titles under my belt, I don't really like being called names from people who just don't have the creativity to find a counter for a defense like mine.
    Last edited by Bradata; 01-29-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    What is the purpose of playing a game. If you cheat, it kind of ruins the game, especially when others know you are cheating. That's my point. It's really nothing personal. I'd like the game to be better. I put the number one responsibility on the developers to fix a bug like this, but players are also responsible to play fairly. Same thing on a forum. I don't see any reason to cheat because I see the game as better if I (and others) don't cheat. So, I try to set a good example. For the same reason, I would not be insulting in a forum. What's the point?
    I did just beat your team natasar, with the Beast. The teams can be beat as long as you don't get unlucky and get into the bug loop (which happens about 50% of the time even if you take in an anti burn character--because of passive disables). But it just makes Arena more sucky. I think anyone with an Eternal (and I know this does not apply to you Bradata) who uses a bug to get there, should have an asterisk by their Eternal award.
    I've posted on this several times. I'm kind of tired of it all, and the response from the developers and players has been generally disappointing. Way too many cheat Beasts out there. I can see 6/10 Beasts in my attack slots. I don't want to attack any of them because of a bug. I could do the same, but I care more about the overall game and see the bigger picture. But yeah, it's only a game that I waste too much time playing...

OS
    iOS
    If it has about 50 different ways to counter it, it isnt really a bug is it?

That said, I have always said that unlimited extra turns probably shouldnt be allowed.

@Horus, Stop calling it cheating when in reality things like this are always going to be part of the game. It was the same when gambler first came out, it was the same when red lol first came out, going back it was the same when primordials first came out. There will always be times when characters/talismans are particularly difficult, but they are only ever really a problem if there is no real counter. Beast with lanterns has counters available to players who arent even level 100 yet!
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 01-29-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    If it has about 50 different ways to counter it, it isnt really a bug is it?
    Whether or not there are counters, it's still a bug since it causes an infinite loop.

So yes there are end user methods that prevent hitting the bug but that doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Definitely a bug since it goes on forever. Wikipedia definition of software bug is : "A software bug is an error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways." OK--maybe I'll stop calling it cheating.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus-2545 View Post
    OK--maybe I'll stop calling it cheating.
    Maybe "cheating" isn't the right word for it. I'm happy with "shitty, dishonorable tactics".

The devs have acknowledged that it's not supposed to work this way, and there are plenty of us who have maxed our Beasts, have our Lanterns and Warlords, and refrain from putting this comco on defense - not because we don't want to win, but because it's just dishonorable to take a win in a situation where the only options are to use sub-par characters to counter (which fail when passively disabled) or to lose to an infinite loop, often after not even getting a turn.

Honor - some people get the concept, and some don't give a damn, and that's honestly disappointing from a gang of people who listen to Iron Maiden - let's think kids; "what would Bruce do"?
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan