OS
    Android

"Gatekeeper" effect in dungeons, gauntlet, etc.

Something I've noticed happening more often, is a sort of "gatekeeper" effect in some of the event dungeons, and in the gauntlet too.

Like, I got past the AAA level of gauntlet for the first time recently. And then in the S level of gauntlet, I found the first battle to be very difficult and took two or three attempts, but the rest of them were very much easier, easier than the battles in AAA.

Same for some dungeons too, where there's a wave, sometimes the first wave sometimes not, which is extremely hard, and the rest are a lot easier.

Is this a trend, or am I just noticing it more ? Or am I imagining things ?

OS
    Android
    I don't know about the Gauntlet, but the past dungeons I noticed this. I still have nightmares about the ghosts of the first wave from the last Dungeon. This new too. I can only do Insanity on Manual and the only losses I have are from the first first wave. After that, it's a piece of cake.

OS
    Android
    Yes, it's true for both Gauntlet and Dungeons. For dungeons it is good, as you can usually see in the first wave if your team setup works or not.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    This effect is definitely real, and in Gauntlet, it has been this way from day 1, especially at the higher levels.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Yes, it's true for both Gauntlet and Dungeons. For dungeons it is good, as you can usually see in the first wave if your team setup works or not.
    For event dungeons anyway, Frontier Dungeons behave more like regular Cosmos levels, with the boss wave often being the most difficult. It's nice having these event dungeons start with the most difficult wave though, let's you play around with your team composition quickly, instead of wasting time fighting through a bunch of 'easy' waves to reach the tricky part. It doesn't waste your time
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    for the most part AAA has been the crux for me as there's usually 2 thats are hard and i've started saving best toons till the end so i dont waste them; though they gave me assassin class which is my largest pool of toons so it was a cake walk this time though the 3rd and 5th in s got me, so thats where i'm at. Name:  SmartSelect_20200202-154745_Video Player.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  400.0 KB
    Razgriz-1173