Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    So you get your loot eventually, but seriously, do they not test these things before they go live?
    This is my "broken record" comment for all time: the game literally PLAYS ITSELF so I can't understand how every new feature, every new character, talisman, and achievement isn't AUTO-PLAYED by the devs, on a test box, before releasing. The effort required seems minimal.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ydex View Post
    Opening 10 Torrential at a time dropped decent batches of Bricks and Skill Shards. The way I figured, Sac event coming up soon (save Gold on opening souls at that time), and anyway I haven't been thrilled with Rare Souls as a "currency" so what else am I gonna do with them?
    Save them for Sac or a better deal? From time to time there are really good events in which you would wish to have more souls to use, but hey just my opinion.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Yes, I'm going to use them in the Sac event later this month.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    This is my "broken record" comment for all time: the game literally PLAYS ITSELF so I can't understand how every new feature, every new character, talisman, and achievement isn't AUTO-PLAYED by the devs, on a test box, before releasing. The effort required seems minimal.
    Ydex, I was working on a theory for how this game is made, and considering your comment, I think I have it. Let's look at it in terms of this current event. This event is based around getting a new talisman set, right?

Name:  Theory-2.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  34.6 KB

Oooh! A new talisman set! Now that's exciting... so how to get it? Well tons of grinding of course! And what do you need for grinding a ton? More ironite than many players have stored up! So my initial theory was that the developers were expecting players to go to the store to buy ironite... ENABLING THEM TO BUY MOUNTAINS OF COCAINE! Because if the developers were snorting mountains of cocaine, well that would explain the shoddy craftsmanship of the game and lack of playtesting, right? So to confirm my hypothesis, I went to look at the store. But imagine my shock when I saw this:

Name:  Theory-1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  45.0 KB

Holy crap! Not only is the player base deeply stupid for paying $20 for 675 ironite, but that's the MOST POPULAR. But if that's the MOST POPULAR, then my hypothesis fails! Because, you see, $19.99 - even lots of $19.99 purchases - that ain't getting you a mountain of cocaine. That would require the $99.99 ironite pack to be the MOST POPULAR.

Okay, so what other clues do we have from the event itself? Well, there's the Hypnosis Talismans themselves. They're clearly designed for a specific character. Maybe there's a clue in the fact that these are obviously meant for Iron Maiden Eddie? Let's take a look at him:

Name:  Theory-3.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  74.2 KB

HOLY SHIT! He's a meth head! And now it all falls into place. $19.99 can't get you mountains of cocaine, but it can sure get you some primo Crystal! So here's the business model: Event gets released -> players buy Alexander's Amphora, catapulting it into MOST POPULAR! status -> developers have enough money to buy a TON of glass. So now the whole development team looks like Iron Maiden Eddie, and their coding skills fail, but who cares, because there's this really fascinating concept in Star Trek that they need to figure out...

Case closed.
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    iOS
    anyway I haven't been thrilled with Rare Souls as a "currency" so what else am I gonna do with them?
    I pulled Screaming Ed and M Women in Uniform from Rare souls. So.. there's that. I didn't need to grind the event much at al and skipped 80% of the achievements. Granted it's odd for devs to place such characters in souls until some time after an event is over. So that event was rare in itself.

But I kind of agree with you. Using Rare Souls as currency is nice, but when they limit it to 10 or 50 souls, it's as helpful as it appears when you've got stacks of 99 to burn off. I understand why some store items have a limited amount of purchases, but I honestly don't understand why there are limits on the "souls as currency" items.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Like your theory there Discordian :-))

Now it makes more sense as to why the artifact talismans just didn’t drop in the previous event. The devs were high in the sky.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    What characters are best for achievements?
    Off coures the characters other players suggested are fine as well ...

but I believe the WARRIOR ROBO SCOUT is faster for flame. His power move cause 3 flames on each opponent. Even on autoplay, certainly when paired with scrooge ed who's basic attack steals pwr and inflicts freeze, other move inflicts both curse and smite

I don 't have the major for time bomb so I have to use Sent Derby Demon and Mag Pyro Soldier. Also from their power move but if you give them energy or power talisman it works fine. Or Warrior Shinobi's power inflicts both blind and time bomb

Sent Shinobi with artifact or quake t for stun

Mag Valkyrie for smite

Krampus with snow tal for freeze, also chance to curse ... and I have 2 x krampus (only gunner) ... the other i gave limbo t for echo and chance to inflict perfect stun and perfect blind

Sent ONYX SON for both perf blind and perf accuracy down
    Last edited by BennySalazar; 02-02-2020 at 12:12 AM.

OS
    Android
    Kari, Mag Valkyrie Siren has smite in basic
    Last edited by BennySalazar; 02-02-2020 at 12:22 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I understand why some store items have a limited amount of purchases, but I honestly don't understand why there are limits on the "souls as currency" items.
    Exactly. Let's say you're saving stacks of low-value souls, waiting for a "souls as currency" event. Then, the event comes, and you can't spend them. F%ck it, I'm burning every Rare Soul I have for whatever I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    Ydex, I was working on a theory for how this game is made, ...

Case closed.
    It's a convincing presentation. I agree, better quality coding is gonna come from a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. The thing is, you can get that from your doctor so I don't know what the hang-up is...

OS
    Android
    [QUOTE=Ydex;118852]To reiterate, and warn anyone else who isn't aware-- the Compendium does NOT list all characters who apply an effect.

Warior savage reaper wasn t listed for the time bomb but he does inflict them