Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: noob-ish

OS
    Android

noob-ish

cheers, been playing about 2 months now and seems i'm spending alot of time farming at this point. cant do night city hard or most of the key dungeons. any advice on what chr's i do have to keep/ invest in would be helpful. i have 543 frontier coins, should i buy trooper or another 500 cost one or keep saving for others? game name fragemall thanks in advance for taking a look.

up the irons!

OS
    iOS
    I had played the first 6 months of the game or so and took a few years off. When I came back, might as well have been a noob so heres my suggestion:

- The game is kind of built around farming. When it seems like you did too much its deceptive, you will need everything at some point and then some.
    - Don't spend the frontier coins at this point unless you really need to. Save them for some of the toons like Killer Prime, an Angel or Gambler Eddie soul (get the soul first for 2500 and then save up the 4500 for the one you didn't pull), and some of the LoLs. You can pull a Trooper Soul with badges if you get the fragments every week so not really needed. Same with the 500 FC toons which you can eventually get from Arena fragments. You can convert Ironite to FC to speed it up as well.
    - When I got the Prisoner I was able to clear Night City. Theres a few more with the passive disable now but that helped me the most at that point. Work on completing all the skulls to unlock the skull quests too
    - Iron Coins I spend on relics last other than the first few levels. Some Talismans, Skill Shards and then working on Charlotte were much more useful in the long run.
    - Try to get some powerful Trooper helpers. Lots of people just throw up eddies which most like, but they can be weak and not useful at your stage. Get a full list and keep looking for ones that will help. Try to add me NyBSfP-3948 as I typically have my Max Dark Lilith set. If I switch it its usually just temporary but she can be very useful in any tough level you need to clear
    - Work on all the missions and then achievements as you can get good ironite and shards etc
    - Spend some money on good deals if you really want to enjoy it. Its entertainment and while it can be played for free, it doesn't exist if everyone did that. Doesn't have to be a lot, just a supplement. If you are willing to spend $20 for a 2 hour movie...just ask yourself how many hours does this entertain you?
    - Save 4* and 5* sacrifices for the Sacrifice events if you can
    - Don't buy keys. They are all tough if you don't have the right teams already and you will probably end up with a lot of free keys by the time you want / are ready to play them
    - Go as far into Arena and Gauntlet as you can
    - it takes TIME so don't try to rush too much at once. That's actually a good thing

OS
    iOS
    Trust me, things go slow do some things here and there, do some missions and (with a little luck) pull some characters from souls (this time last year I was just starting out, now I’m getting into AAA in gauntlet)
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Fragemail, what is your in game ID?

OS
    Android
    fragemall-6920

OS
    iOS
    I would disagree with the FC advice.

It's hard to predict what characters will become important, and yet the game will incentivize you to sacrifice the fat in your team all the time (i.e., sacrifice events). I must have opened about 15 Warrior Shinobi characters, sacked them all, and now I need one for Achievements and have to wait for it to drop again. On top of which, the game just released a (perhaps) nifty cosmic tali exclusive to these guys. E-gads!

The point is, characters that seem sub-par can become relevant... and characters that seem relevant can equally become sub-par. (Luckily, sacking 4-star characters and bellow is not a huge risk.. because if you play long enough you'll get them in multiples and multiples and multiples.)

I actually haven't been playing too, too long (Halloween?) compared to a lot of players. BUT, in the time I've been here I've already seen the rise and fall of plenty of toons, both in my estimation and in others. So, that Gambler Eddie might be nice, but you might find that you like Eternal Champion better (you might not, I'm just using an example). Or Oni Eddie. Eternal Champion Eddie is a lot easier to obtain (time/grinding), you can get Oni randomly, and for the cost (in FC) of Gambler, you might be sacrificing a lot of progress potential for a toon that frankly might be outclassed by the time you get your hands on him.

Me? I spent my last large batch of FC on Serenity Talis (and it wasn't a HUGE batch, when you consider 3x Serenity is only 750 FC instead of 3,000+). True, Talis can become outdated, too, but my Serenity set made an immediate and predictable impact on my team. Personally I think I made the right decision.

I would say in general that getting your hand on the right Talis is more important than getting your hands on the right characters. 1) If you can advance far enough in Gauntlet to get a complete set of new talis every two weeks, that's important. 2) If you have two grinding options you're considering and one includes relevant Tali drops, choose that one. And 3) most importantly, resource management is incredibly important. Spend your resources only when you're getting more than one benefit for doing so (i.e., fulfilling achievements) and never spend ironite on Souls. Ironite should be spent on SoT refills the vast majority of the time (and SoT will get you SoW).

OS
    Android
    thx, i hear ya. i dont spend ironite on souls, spend mostly on time and grind away. been doing missions and achievements where i can w toons, talis etc. that i have. that and maxing out talis as i seem to feel thats where the real upgrading seems to be. FC is slow going, havent really discoverd a higher drop rate as of yet. other wise i enjoy the game. just waiting for the toons i've been advised to get to drop.

OS
    Android
    At the beginning the game is real slow, it will pick up and FC finally becomes easier to farm. Some of the dungeons have descent FC drops. Just keep farming and spend your resources wisely.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I can attest that my team was getting wiped in the early going at Night City by revenge (likewise v. the werewolves of Halloween, but that was before your time), and The Prisoner dropped out of nowhere and was a lifesaver. BUUUT the revenge is a buff that can be forestalled by i.e. Ragnarock (I hope you managed to grab a set over two gauntlet periods), which means if I was in the same position today Revenge wouldn't be an issue for me, Prisoner or no.

The moral being that the game can change at the drop of a hat.

My first fortune-changing Tali set was Ying/Yang, which I had to buy for completion at the time (500 ironite) b/c I couldn't fulfill the mission requirements. Now, unless I'm really pushing the grind because of some reward or other, I make sure to never go under 500 ironite just in case I need it to complete a Tali set. I haven't, though. Because Ying/Yang. (It's not as potent for me now as it was then, and I don't use it on my first-team Arena offense, but it makes a lot of appearances still for me running the gauntlet.)

If there is a character you really think you need, chances are there is a combination of Talis that can serve the same purpose. An event WILL come along at some point in time that will drop some of them into your lap. Make sure you're ready. (And don't expect the characters you want to drop, when you want them. But also know I'm free to play and am only a couple of game-months older than you, and standard mythic souls (won from epics, won from rares) have given me A. Werewolves, The Prisoner, The Killer, Eddies to fill type-gaps I needed and Raven Witch. So, the pace you are able to successfully grind will accelerate, and you will almost certainly get some of these guys, too ^^.)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    At the beginning the game is real slow, it will pick up and FC finally becomes easier to farm. Some of the dungeons have descent FC drops. Just keep farming and spend your resources wisely.
    Agreed about FC ^^. Most of these places are Frontier Dungeons... but there will come a time when you'll go from not being able to farm Frontier Dungeons at all and feeling entitled and complaining (like a lot of us) when one takes you longer than a minute to complete on Auto.