OS
    iOS

Skill shard achievement glitch?

I don’t know if this just happened to me or if this is something that many people experienced. But it seems as though there is some kind of glitch with the skill shard achievement challenges. Every time I would hit the goal number of skill shards used for each challenge, I would collect the reward, and then the number of skill shards used would jump up to only 11 away from the next goal. For example, say the challenge would be to use 500 skill shards on any characters. I’m at 400 something, and then I hit 500, and collect my reward and leave. And from there, naturally the next challenge is to use 600 skill shards. But when I look at the challenge again, I’m already up to 589/600. So I would then take the 5 skill shards I just won and scavenge up 6 more, whether it be in the store or in loot or from completing other challenges. I would use all 11 of them to bring the 589 up to 600. I would complete the challenge and collect my 5 skill shard reward again. Then if I exit the challenge page, but then go back to it, and with 700 being the next challenge, my number would already be up to 689/700. And then I would check the characters I used the skill shards on to see if they were still skill sharded, and sure enough they were.

I didn’t really pay attention to the amount I was at until recently when I completed the skill shard challenge twice within like 15 minutes. Considering how glitchy this can be and how people get screwed out of stuff in this game because of it, I was thinking that I completed the challenge, but that the game was not retaining my progress. So I tried to beat it again and that’s when I realized that I wasn’t beating the same challenge over and over again and it not saving, I realized that I was beating each level quickly with only 11 skill shards being used for each level rather than 100. So I did it straight through all the levels until level X was completed. After that, the challenge was just gone completely. I know some other challenges go past X, so I don’t know if the skill shard achieve challenge naturally ends at X or not.

Is this little bug a common one for other players or is it more of an isolated incident? Either way, I’m not complaining though. It’s about time there's an error that works in the player’s benefit.

OS
    iOS
    I've never seen it... but

It begs the question.. why on Earth would you point this out??? If it is a bug it's working to your benefit, and those are very rare.. and generally squashed immediately, unlike bugs which work AGAINST the player.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I remember back when an update would come out, all the skill shard achievements would refresh, giving you about 14 free skill shards every update. Went on for quite a while too

OS
    Android
    I've had this work in the complete opposite. Complete the 500 skill shards, then start at 0 for the next one
    Freddy-6436

Will play ALL Troopers Everyday

OS
    iOS
    It happened to me a few days ago
    Aviv-2226

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

It begs the question.. why on Earth would you point this out??? If it is a bug it's working to your benefit, and those are very rare.. and generally squashed immediately, unlike bugs which work AGAINST the player.
    i agree completely the few player friendly bugs are never posted on fourms so they cant get fixed

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

You know I actually considered that myself and wondered whether or not I should post this because of that very reason. But I ultimately decided to because of a few things. One being that I more or less already milked it to it’s full benefit. Because it looks as though I finished all the skill shard achievements there is due to think big/glitch (if that is indeed what it is). So for me there’s nothing left to get from it, it’s all used up. And the skill shards I acquired from it have already all been used on various characters. If they fix it, it won’t effect me because I’ve already used it to it’s fullest extent. Which brings me to the next reason why, other players + this glitch. I figured if other people experienced it, they too have probably already got a lot of use out of it. And for the players who don’t experience it, nothing changes for them if the bug is fixed.

A lot of people ask about the Remove Beneficial Effects mission challenge, and the most recent one reminded me of this. And I didn’t know if this has been a common occurrence or not, so I figured I’d ask.