Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Possibly "hacked" characters and other game cheats?

I've been seeing some odd stuff lately in arena but these 2 stood out for me because they should not exist (if my math is correct).

1) fully awakened Thor Eddie - I've been collecting him since his shards became available and to my knowledge there isn't a way to bypass the 100 shards a week from clans unless there's a way to buy him for cash that I don't know about. To get him you'd need to collect shards for 15 weeks and he has been around that long.

2) I've also seen lots of accounts that aren't even on 100 yet who have fully awakened characters they shouldn't have access to yet, all of the Gauntlet characters (including Moonchild after their second gauntlet round he was released in, NOT the winner of either gauntlet, I checked) or exclusives that only people playing the game from waaay back should have but only 20 or so characters in total.

It really concerns me that there seems to be so much "hacking" or bot accounts around lately when the rest of us are willing to spend cash on this game and come up against cheaters.

Does anyone know if devs have a way for us to flag these kind of things (or do they even care) besides support tickets?
    Last edited by Jeano; 02-06-2020 at 03:59 AM.

OS
    Android
    You could buy packs of Thor frags with money, or win him by other means. Labyrinth is a five-set. You can purchase all the old Gauntlet characters with iron coins, you can purchase iron coins with ironite, and you can purchase ironite with money. There have been events where you could you grind for special edition characters. There is also the heroic soul rotation, purchasing soul fragments with Trooper badges or iron coins, or buying characters with Frontier coins.

If someone was hacking the game, it would be immediately noticed.

OS
    iOS
    So there's a few problems here:

Thor frags were purchasable upon his debut, and people who did well in the arena event featuring Thor got frags. You get 50 frags total each week. Some people managed to glitch the purchases unintentionally so they could purchase them twice, giving them an advantage to getting him.l

Labyrinth is a 5-set, not a 6-set. A cosmic goes with it all of the time.

Account level does not really represent how well a person can access a character.

Please do some research before posting stuff like this.

OS
    Android
    Yup, I removed Labyrinth bit after I went back and checked.

I know what you mean about paying for chars and the rest but we're talking about sometimes L30 accounts with almost nothing else except this characters and the paid things normally have "max 10 times" or something like that. Bear in mind that buying the gauntlet shards from a pack is pretty recent and this has been going on for a while now.

OS
    iOS
    Buying gauntlet shard packs have always been a thing since Charlotte. You can get 200 total, 100 from a pack at the beginning and at the end of each tour. Then you can get frags from other events that happen to grant extras as rewards for achievements. It's not that difficult to understand.

In addition, tribute souls can give clan currency to grant you more Norse Awakening Shards.

OS
    Android
    Some people just spend a boat load of real life money. Buying event souls will get many top tier new toons. The rest then can be grinded for. You can be less than a level 100 player and still rank high in the arena. It takes a lot more resources to be high ranking in gauntlet. If you can buy several hundred event souls running a few thousand XV battles is not out of the question.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    So there's a few problems here:

Thor frags were purchasable upon his debut, and people who did well in the arena event featuring Thor got frags. You get 50 frags total each week. Some people managed to glitch the purchases unintentionally so they could purchase them twice, giving them an advantage to getting him.l

Labyrinth is a 5-set, not a 6-set. A cosmic goes with it all of the time.

Account level does not really represent how well a person can access a character.

Please do some research before posting stuff like this.
    Labyrinth bit removed from OP.

I get what you're saying but if people choose the pay route to get talismans and chars there is usually a cap on how much they can spend and the accounts I'm talking about seem go way past that. Please bear in mind I'm trying to fing out if other people are noticing things like this and if we do find something that may be suspicious is there a way to report things like that.

Surely it's in all our best interest to make sure that a game we enjoy and spend our cash on doesn't get destroyed by this rubbish like so many other mobile games out there by reporting things before it gets out of hand?

OS
    iOS
    It's a huge conspiracy to get Iron Maiden cartoons on rosters and IT MUST BE STOPPED!

...or not. Moonchild, for example, had an intro event at the start of his Gauntlet season in which you could get a bunch of frags. Or you could purchase frag packs. Additionally, top 10 finishers get 1/2 of the frags needed for the toon, so I, for example, had him the second week he was available, although I didn't finish first either week - something you are pointing the finger of suspicion at as "hacking".

Players who are mainly interested in PvP might just be buying stuff that they want - you can convert ironite to ANY currency now, with the addition of Trooper Flags, and you can spend real money on ironite whenever you want - NF ain't gonna stand in your way there! You can buy LoLs, you can buy the mats to awaken them, you can buy ICs for relics, you can buy tribute souls for talismans, etc...

Where you see hacking, I see people doing things the easy / expensive way, which is fine with me, because they help support a game that I enjoy playing, and they're supporting the people making the graphics for the dungeons, etc... now if only more people would buy OP toons, perhaps they could hire more people to get the toons we *DO* have functioning (I'm looking at you, Max Awakened Prisoner who occasionally, but not always, disables Labs/Sacreds upon death)...
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    Jeano, there's nothing to notice or report, there is no "rubbish" --you're just wrong. Several people who are very knowledgeable about the game have explained every single aspect of how you are mistaken, and how there are perfectly obvious explanations for every thing that you've proposed constitutes a mystery / anomaly / proof of nefarious deeds. The question is, why aren't you listening?

You might learn something about how the game works and get better, instead of having to blame imaginary "hackers" that don't exist.

I don't have any motivation to be rude to you, but at this point, I just don't understand why you're still posting the same things.
    Last edited by Ydex; 02-06-2020 at 04:43 AM.

OS
    iOS
    When people struggle in PvP all sorts of conspiracies start to be conjured...... and the Ai Boost doesn't help
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..