OS
    iOS

Updates From The News Frontier - February 6th, 2020

Up the Irons, Troopers - it’s time for your latest update from the News Frontier!

Without hesitation, February has already brought upon an explosive series of wicked new activities to partake in. Whether it’s new events, cool new characters or beautiful dungeons, we’ve got you covered.

Without further ado, let’s dive right in to this week in review! (Hey, that rhymed!)

Name:  merc_wide.png
Views: 1347
Size:  476.7 KB

Doomsday Apocalypse Now

Lighting the fuse for February was our new Mega Event: Operation Midnight. Based on player feedback, we wanted to explore more interesting and thematic ways to earn cool new characters through active participation instead of relying on luck alone. By completing various event challenges during Operation Midnight, you can earn enough Explosive Soul Fragments to net you the very wicked Doomsday Apocalypse Eddie and a few other sweet goodies to boot.

To feature monthly events with accessible long-term goals is something we’re interested in exploring further. If you like this new format of “mini” mega events, or if you have ideas for ways which we could improve this type of content, please share your thoughts and ideas! Your feedback goes a long way - longer than most might think.

I Aint Got Time To Bleed

February has also ushered in the kickoff for Gauntlet Season 6 - featuring the weaponized warrior, The Mercenary. We absolutely loved your feedback regarding the little teaser we shared leading up to him in the previous weekly update. It’s something we may choose to explore again in other unique ways in the future.

Name:  mercenary_turnaround2_small.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  122.6 KB

With unique animations and visual effects that compliment his deadly arsenal of abilities, his enemies will have to think carefully about tiptoeing around his reliable Perfect Vanish and Golden Trap effects. With The Mercenary on your team, you’ll want to include talismans and allies who can reliably remove Immunity effects so that he can successfully hunt, draw blood and execute his targets. With the Merc in the fray, you’ll have to kill to stay alive.

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out his reveal video and compendium character profile. As added information, this warrior class character features 3 red talismans slots.

Nature’s Wrath Cached Rewards

During the debut of our Book of Souls event, Nature’s Wrath, players had been quick to discover that some of their soul-opening challenge rewards, including the Catastrophic Soul Fragment event currency and the Explosive Soul Fragment mega event currency, had been failing to appear on their devices.

While all these rewards have been correctly depositing into player accounts, a data caching bug had been causing unnecessary delays. The team quickly resolved this for players who had yet to start these challenges by releasing a patch early Tuesday morning. For those affected, you should see your previously missing challenge rewards upon completing other, non-soul related challenges such as the “inflict” challenges.

Samurai Showdown: Beast Meets West

Also featured this week is the return of the very beautiful Samurai Frontier Dungeon. With your feedback in mind, we have included a highly accessible challenge to net you some Samurai Frontier Key Souls to help get your foot in the door. We’ve heard many positive things about this dungeon content so far so we’re happy to see that players are enjoying their clash against the mighty shogun, Samurai Emperor Eddie.

After the introductory event is over, the Samurai Frontier Key will later find its home in the Frontier Store to be purchased at your leisure if you’ve got some achievements left to conquer.

It’s Your Last Chance - Enter To Win Incredible Art Signed By Bruce Dickinson

...and finally, you’ve got just under 24 hours left to sign up for our very special giveaway.

https://gleam.io/1sJnB/scream-for-me-eddie-giveaway

Get your entries in before the opportunity flies away. Get it?

That’s all for me to report this week. It’s been a pleasure. Ceeg is away today, so this has been my first opportunity to write an entry in the News Frontier. He’ll be back again next week to keep you fine folks informed. Hopefully I’ll find an opportunity to strike back with another fun edition of “Weekend Warrior” sometime soon.

For any feedback, ideas, thoughts and so on regarding anything above or otherwise, give us a shout in the comment section below.

Cheers to the weekend,

Durandal
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    Compliments on the month long multi part events! They’re much more manageable. Samurai Dungeon is awesome. Glad to see player feed back being implemented.
    Now, you create beautiful artwork for individual dungeon keys in the shop, please shrink that artwork down into the book of souls instead of the look a like generic key art that’s currently used. Other than that, great job for February, keep it up! Andy in customer service was quick to fix my missing event rewards. Thank you Andy!

OS
    iOS
    I have a suggestion. Get rid of all nag screens during any gameplay. They should only pop up in the cosmos or similar area where one isn’t actively playing.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post

Get your entries in before the opportunity flies away. Get it?

Can't... already downloaded your app.. and do not participate in the Zuckerberg conglomerate... so..can't enter. No entry without feeding Zuckerberg more data?
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Can't... already downloaded your app.. and do not participate in the Zuckerberg conglomerate... so..can't enter. No entry without feeding Zuckerberg more data?
    I thought the same thing at first but then was able to find a way to enter from that page with just an email address. I don't remember how exactly, but there is a way.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Ahh that made me dig a bit., thanks Druid.. Click the green numbers......
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    I have a suggestion. Get rid of all nag screens during any gameplay. They should only pop up in the cosmos or similar area where one isn’t actively playing.
    THIS.

How frustrating is it to lose a gauntlet match - and have your four toons sent to the basement - because the game wants to offer you 50 colorless XP shards for $9.99? This is really unacceptable.

On a more positive note, however, it's nice to see the lovely Samurai dungeon again, and both the dungeon and the event surrounding it are much better thought-out and executed that that crappy Powerslave launch a month a go. Good work on this one team; more flawless events like this please!
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    Also featured this week is the return of the very beautiful Samurai Frontier Dungeon. With your feedback in mind, we have included a highly accessible challenge to net you some Samurai Frontier Key Souls to help get your foot in the door. We’ve heard many positive things about this dungeon content so far so we’re happy to see that players are enjoying their clash against the mighty shogun, Samurai Emperor Eddie.
    Really like how you've done this, you've addressed the majority of concerns people had with the Powerslave launch. Nicely done

That’s all for me to report this week. It’s been a pleasure. Ceeg is away today, so this has been my first opportunity to write an entry in the News Frontier.
    Hah, thought it sounded a little different!

Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Compliments on the month long multi part events! They’re much more manageable. Samurai Dungeon is awesome. Glad to see player feed back being implemented.
    +1
    Azagthor-0732