Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror Thread

Hybrid View

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Horror Thread

So, I'm thinking there might be a few horror fans among the Maiden fans that might come to this forum... am I right? What kind of horror flicks do it for you?

The last horror movie I saw was The Conjuring 2... anyone else seen it? What did you think of it?

I thought it was good overall. It was far from perfect, though, and relied too much on jump scares. The director did a great job with atmosphere and overall creepyness and I feel the cheap scares took away from the overall quality. Overall I thought it was better than the first one. I just saw a pretty crazy movie on Netflix called "Come Back to Me". You should give it a try. It has some moments that take a bit away from the movie, but overall it's a fresh story with an ending that you won't see coming. I also really liked the "Skeleton Key". Very unique. What did you think of the Conjuring 2?

OS
    Android
    I didn't find the jump scares particularly intrusive in Conjuring 2, but they're certainly never a necessity. In all, I agree, I found it to be better than the first one, and significantly better than the spin-off, Annabelle. The scene with the painting was particularly well executed. I dug it, overall.

Come Back to Me looks interesting, based on IMDb's write-up... I shall have to check it out!

I remember seeing Skeleton Key too, and I agree, it was pretty innovative.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

The film adaption of Stephen King 1408 stuck in my memory with the radio turning on to the song "It only just begun..."

Monster flick wise, I miss Jeepers Creepers and has been hoping for a third sequel for years.

OS
    Android
    I'm an OLD horror geek and love me some Hammer and Amicus. My local flicks has a once a month classic horror and scifi strand which is ace.
    I love horror channel on the telly too; even though they show a lot of cheese.

My most recent thing I'm fangirling over is Ash Vs Evil Dead, which is funny and gory and has a fab soundtrack

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    I'm an OLD horror geek and love me some Hammer and Amicus. My local flicks has a once a month classic horror and scifi strand which is ace.
    I love horror channel on the telly too; even though they show a lot of cheese.

My most recent thing I'm fangirling over is Ash Vs Evil Dead, which is funny and gory and has a fab soundtrack
    Not really a fan of horror films but i used to watch The old Hammer films too, love watching cheese fest on horror channel too.
    Love The Evil Dead Trilogy & Ash vs Evil Dead is the dogs danglies

Some of The Hellraiser Films and Nightmare on Elm Street Films are among my favorites
    (Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child is up there too cos i was one of the First to hear "Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter" before release while i was a Roadie, Bruce was listening to a playback at a open air gig in Coventry)

February 2nd 2017 Update was a COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK ! and the final nail in the coffin
    http://www.thewalkingdeadnomansland.com/
    Zombie Stompers
    Kill all Walkers and anyone who gets in your way!
    Kill 'Em All
    UK Based Walker killers

How many walkers have you killed?
    How many people have you killed?
    Why?
    150 * MINIMUM

i always love to watch horror movies .my most horror movie is insidious . i have seen all the parts of this franchise .all the three parts are so interesting and so innovative .
    i really found them worthy.

I wasn't a fan of Insidious, but I do agree it was different from most of the garbage put out in the past few years. And yes, Ash vs. Evil Dead is a masterpiece.

OS
    Android
    I like the Insidious films too, though I do think the first one was by far the most effective.

Nothing wrong with cheesy horror movies! I wish there was a theatre that played that here... ever.

Any love for Godzilla, hereabouts?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Oh yes. And King Ghidora. And Mothra the Eco Earth Mother Queen